Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Car seat conundrum...

cdawnr

Post Tue, Apr 01 2008, 11:11 am
OK, pls help me make a decision.

DD is 7 months and probably 17 lbs (maybe more).

DH is frustrated with the base to the infant seat as it keeps coming loose and he is in charge of car seats (I don't get it tight enough). He hates having to use that metal piece for the shoulder belt.

I have a 3rd convertible car seat that is fine for rear use over 6lbs and I told him we would just put that in.

With two other small kids (almost 4 and 2), is it crazy to be giving up on the ease of the car seat? On the one hand, I hate the weight of the car seat...on the other hand, then there is one more kid I have to strap in in the car while the others are jumping around...

Anyone have any opinions on this?

RachelEve14

Post Tue, Apr 01 2008, 11:30 am
I would go to the convertable. I'm moving ds on Pesach and he'll only be about 2 months old. He's already getting too heavy to carry in that thing for more than a few steps!

Ima2

Post Wed, Apr 02 2008, 10:51 pm
I'd go with the convertible one too. I found that it's easier to not have to schlep the carseat everywhere with baby inside-it's sooo heavy! I'd rather hold her and carry bags into the house than a carseat and bags! Plus, what other convenience is there about having a infant seat other than in baby is sleeping then you can take them out and not wake them up? Now that you child is older-doesn't he have a schedule? Try not to travel during those times that he'd be sleeping. Otherwise if you really want to keep the infant seat for now, don't use the base, just buckle the carseat in each time you go out. I find this more annoying though! BTW, why do you keep taking the base out of the car-do it once really well and that's it! You can even go to a police station (in the US) and they'll install it for you for free!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics