Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
How much do you spend on clothing?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 5:53 pm
I’m like the moon. I change sizes every day. Not kidding btw.

I go up and down like an accordion.

I’m constantly buying either bigger or smaller clothes.

It’s a comedy show. I do end up spending a lot of money. Thats less comical

SuperWify

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 6:01 pm
I’m always changing sizes so I do need a new wardrobe every season. I prefer to spend money on few good pieces rather then less money on a as lot of cheap pieces. I do love a hood bargain though. So in the beginning of the season I’ll buy a few beautiful Shabbos and weekday but afterwards I won’t spend unless I find a good deal or see I still need more (like if I have a simcha or something).

I hate trying on and shopping in store (it can be depressing… I’m I fat, there’s nothing here, what a waste of time ect) but I love shopping online and in a few select stores I know I will come out of happy.

Yesterday my favorite store had a clearance sale and I scored two nice Shabbos and wedding dresses for $55. A bargain Smile

bargainlover

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 6:21 pm
SuperWify wrote:
I’m always changing sizes so I do need a new wardrobe every season. I prefer to spend money on few good pieces rather then less money on a as lot of cheap pieces. I do love a hood bargain though. So in the beginning of the season I’ll buy a few beautiful Shabbos and weekday but afterwards I won’t spend unless I find a good deal or see I still need more (like if I have a simcha or something).

I hate trying on and shopping in store (it can be depressing… I’m I fat, there’s nothing here, what a waste of time ect) but I love shopping online and in a few select stores I know I will come out of happy.

Yesterday my favorite store had a clearance sale and I scored two nice Shabbos and wedding dresses for $55. A bargain Smile

Wow! Which store was this at?

amother
Cyclamen

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 6:28 pm
I am in my late 20s
Probably about $500 / year

SuperWify

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 6:31 pm
bargainlover wrote:
Wow! Which store was this at?

I’ll send you a PM

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 6:33 pm
delete

Last edited by amother on Mon, Oct 11 2021, 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

SuperWify

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 6:38 pm
lk1234 wrote:
I'm a thrift shopper- I look as put together as most women in the neighborhood. I don't spend more than $200 per year on myself (including undergarments, clothing, hosiety, head gear etc).

Wow! Spill some secrets for those of us less savy.

Op, I just calculated (you got me curious) and it was around $700. Usually it’s more but I don’t need new coats or shoes this year bh.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 7:00 pm
lk1234 wrote:
I'm a thrift shopper- I look as put together as most women in the neighborhood. I don't spend more than $200 per year on myself (including undergarments, clothing, hosiety, head gear etc).

How can one look like the other women if trends change so fast and they spend on keeping up while you don't?

I'd love to pull this off too, how'd you do it?

Example, if all ladies my age are wearing midi/maxi skirts, I won't look the part even if I'm wearing my old good skirts. Because they are short.

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 7:21 pm
delete

Last edited by amother on Mon, Oct 11 2021, 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 7:35 pm
amother [ Steelblue ] wrote:
Same

Same
I normally buy one nice pair of shoes ($150) plus another cheaper one ($40) a season. Then I normally buy shabbos for about $550 or less and another 1k on weekday, tights, shells, snood and sweatshirt/jacket depending on the season or what I need or want a new of. Depends also how tight money is that time. Like this yr I got nice shabbos and weekday clothes but no new shoes. Used all the old ones I had and now they are all garbage so next summer we’ll need to buy more than one pair…

emma07

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 7:44 pm
Around 10.000

amother
Lime

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 7:45 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
How can one look like the other women if trends change so fast and they spend on keeping up while you don't?

I'd love to pull this off too, how'd you do it?

Example, if all ladies my age are wearing midi/maxi skirts, I won't look the part even if I'm wearing my old good skirts. Because they are short.

That’s why I stay away from trends and still to classics or to what I like. I still look fashionable and up to date but I don’t look exactly like everyone else.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 7:47 pm
emma07 wrote:
Around 10.000

On yourself for one season?

Do you buy designer only?

icebreaker

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 7:54 pm
I thrift and buy on sale. Some things I’ll buy full price if I just need to have them. I would say I spend a couple hundred.

amother
Watermelon

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 7:57 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I spent around 700 this season and was feeling a little bratty. But I see some spend so much more.

I guess the younger crowd spend more than the middle aged women.

I will probably pick up another few items after succos so it will be around 1000 all together.

How do you know the age of the ppl posting here that you think young ppl spend more? I only saw two ppl who referenced that they may be in child rearing stage and that can be close to 40 in the frum world still.

amother
Lime

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 8:02 pm
I’ve been spending $1000 a season approximately but it’s been 8 years since I bought myself proper clothing.
I hope I’ll be able to start saving some of my pieces so as to spend less in future seasons.
I’m also trying to work on myself because I noticed it’s never enough- I’m never happy w what I have.

emma07

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 8:05 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
On yourself for one season?

Do you buy designer only?

I buy both designer and stores like Zara etc

hcrbg

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 8:37 pm
How many shells does everyone buy per season. It’s astronomical the amount you have to spend to be tznius.

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 8:39 pm
hcrbg wrote:
How many shells does everyone buy per season. It’s astronomical the amount you have to spend to be tznius.

I dress b’tznius and I literally don’t own a single shell.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 8:41 pm
I bought one skirt since the pandemic started. absolutely nothing else. stores closed and haven't reopened and I don't t enjoy shopping online.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics