Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
My unorthodox life-season 2
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Darkblue

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 1:59 pm
Great. Will watch exactly the same amount of episodes as I did first season. ZERO.

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 2:06 pm
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
Why are you happy for him?

Because it was really awkward watching the few seconds I saw on the show - felt so bad for him and having to change his lifestyle so drastically I kinda felt he was uncomfortable in the new way of life...

Now he has the privacy and freedom to live how he chooses without people pulling him in a certain direction specifically with Yiddishkeit ...

So sad she destroyed lives in her thirst for success, fame and fortune 😢

realsilver

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 2:09 pm
They never looked like they were happily married. Im happy he can now move on

rikkik

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 2:11 pm
I don't usually feel happy when ppl get divorced. But I am happy for him.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 3:15 pm
realsilver wrote:
They never looked like they were happily married. Im happy he can now move on

I actually thought that would have beef happy if they stayed in the frum life. They looked suitable to each other snd so cute together

SDmother

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 3:21 pm
rikkik wrote:
I don't usually feel happy when ppl get divorced. But I am happy for him.

Wait so they are divorced? Im not surprised. The dynamic between them was not equal and he definitely seemed subservient to her but I chalked that up to theater and that perhaps they aren't like that IRL. I guess they are like that!

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 3:25 pm
I'm also happy for him. He clearly did not feel comfortable with her drastic change in level of observance. Whenever it came up, Julia made him to be the villain, saying "her body, her choice" and he doesn't control what she does.
Right, he doesn't control her. But he did marry her with a mutual understanding that they would live a certain type of frum lifestyle and didn't expect her to suddenly change. It's very understandable why he wasn't so ok with that.

amother
Papaya

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 3:42 pm
This whole story is terribly tragic. The sheer delight that people are expressing on Instagram is rubbing me the wrong way. Batsheva used to be my close friend and although I know they put themselves in the spotlight she was a regular girl just like you and me. Being happy at their downfall just doesn't seem right.

allthingsblue

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 3:43 pm
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
This whole story is terribly tragic. The sheer delight that people are expressing on Instagram is rubbing me the wrong way. Batsheva used to be my close friend and although I know they put themselves in the spotlight she was a regular girl just like you and me. Being happy at their downfall just doesn't seem right.

Why is getting divorced considered her downfall?

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 4:31 pm
I think it's sad. Wouldn't it have been better for him to have found his voice while she finds his and be happy together? They seemed to really like each other.

amother
Daffodil

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 4:34 pm
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:

She was a regular girl but she isn't one anymore. That was her choice. And he should be allowed to make choices for himself. It's not exactly a downfall...its choices they made in their lives that had a consequence. Maybe she doesn't view it as tragic...maybe she is happy to move on.

amother
Navyblue

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 4:48 pm
There goes another couple that looked as lovey dovey as possible on Instagram.
Proves once again that Instagram is all fake!

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 4:52 pm
amother [ Navyblue ] wrote:
There goes another couple that looked as lovey dovey as possible on Instagram.
Proves once again that Instagram is all fake!

So true

NewYorkgal31

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 4:52 pm
fleetwood wrote:
Ben and Bat are now divorced!

Are they really?

Zehava

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 4:54 pm
fleetwood wrote:

I guess he’s got more brains than he let on

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 4:54 pm
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
I think it's sad. Wouldn't it have been better for him to have found his voice while she finds his and be happy together? They seemed to really like each other.

That’s what they were trying to do, but it’s not always easy to pull it off.

Zehava

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 4:57 pm
amother [ Pink ] wrote:

They had no marriage he was married to his mother in law. This was probably the only way to break free.

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 5:00 pm
fleetwood wrote:

oh no, now I truly have no reason to watch, the only part I was looking forward (although I'd wish it's not renewed altogether) was ben and bat, they sparked joy in this craziness

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 5:13 pm
I bet Julia was the one encouraging (read: telling) Bat to get divorced. If not for her....

allthingsblue

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 5:22 pm
amother [ Pink ] wrote:

When there’s manipulation and dysfunction (and a mother in law telling the world about your sx life while presumably your wife agrees with her is dysfunction) it’s very hard to have a happy together. Marriage requires work on both ends.
I’m sure Julia will be thrilled that her daughter doesn’t have to stay with one man her whole life.
Page 2 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics