Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
Falafel
Previous  1  2  3  4

DefyGravity

Post Mon, Dec 15 2008, 3:40 pm
Right before the weather changed I gathered together nearly all my wedding gifts and toiveled them. I still have a lot of stuff from the wedding that needs toiveling, but I feel like I accomplished a lot.

gryp

Post Mon, Dec 15 2008, 4:29 pm
But then there's the stuff I just pick up knowing I can use them because theey're at a good price, like an extra water pitcher, popsicle containers, another pair of chicken scissors, nice glasses to match my dishes set, a crock pot, and they're all sitting around untoiveled.
I need to change my shopping rule to, if I haven't needed it yet, I probably still don't need it. Rolling Eyes

cookielady

Post Mon, Dec 15 2008, 9:15 pm
DefyGravity wrote:
Right before the weather changed I gathered together nearly all my wedding gifts and toiveled them. I still have a lot of stuff from the wedding that needs toiveling, but I feel like I accomplished a lot.

I can relate to that. DH toivel our crystal from our wedding on our 20th anniversary. Don't wait so long.

superduper

Post Mon, Feb 09 2009, 1:47 pm
so, has anybody tried to bake them? how did it turn out?

red sea

Post Tue, Aug 02 2011, 3:37 pm
I need directions on how to fry, how long each side, when are they done? For all I know they are still raw.

seeker

Post Thu, Aug 04 2011, 3:16 pm
So I just made the mixture, and it's really soft/sticky, how does it form into patties? I'm visualizing it staying stuck all over my hands instead...

Meanwhile I've stuck it in the fridge until closer to dinnertime, maybe it'll be better then.

MeadowsLane

Post Sun, Aug 07 2011, 10:48 am
So I followed this recipe this morning. I even put them in the fridge prior to frying. my oil was very hot, but the first few completely fell apart. I baked the rest and they came out delicious. not sure what I did wrong.

seeker

Post Sun, Aug 07 2011, 11:14 am
Forgot to update - they shaped fine and did not fall apart at all, though I'm still not convinced they cooked through because they were all mooshy in middle?

The flavor was terrific, but I kind of miss the texture of real falafel balls made from raw beans and deep fried. These are soooo much easier and have less aftertaste though, so I'll probably make them again sometime and see if I get used to it.

abound

Post Wed, Feb 15 2012, 11:59 am
I know this thread is old, but I made this recipe tonight and everyone loved it. THanks
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals