Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Rude person imo- what do you think
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Tamiri

Post Tue, Apr 08 2008, 9:45 am
GR wrote:
Breslov, it sounds like you're having a culture clash with the Israeli mentality. Wink
The only thing she crossed the line about was asking to come to your apt when you're not there. shock

Hey, we're all family here Tongue Out Tongue Out Tongue Out Tongue Out Tongue Out Tongue Out
It was worth a try, wasn't it? Worst that would have happened (it did!) was that the apt. dwellers would say NO! It was certainly worth a try, and made all the other requests the lady had pale in comparison!

Clarissa

Post Tue, Apr 08 2008, 9:49 am
I know it's not your choice to sell the apartment, but for the period of time that it's being shown, you may have to bite the bullet and allow people to come when it's not so comfortable or convenient. Unless you set down a fixed schedule (that includes hours before and after the average workday) you're going to have a lot of problems with prospective buyers. Work out a schedule that seems fair to those who are shopping and doesn't feel too terrible for your family, and leave it at that.

yo'ma

Post Tue, Apr 08 2008, 9:56 am
Quote:
I can be dan her lekaf zechus a million times over, but I dont have to wreck my evening and thereby my week (bec if I dont work one night, the rest of my week is stressful, trying to make up my work hours) just because of whatever her reasoning may be that she has to see my apt on short notice at the exact time that she wants.
and I decided... if uriels asleep or I'm putting him to sleep, and its before 6:55 or after 6:10, I'm just not gonna go answer the door. I said 6:00 exactly, not before, not after...
and if hes not asleep, I'm not gonna let her in to see the apt if shes more than 15 minutes in either direction, no matter how pushy she is.
I'll say "my husband said 6:00 exactly, not before or after, for a reason. come back at 6:00 (if she's too early) or come back some other day, but give me at least 24 hrs notice, or just don't come at all."
you asked if you're over reacting. What's done is done and now be dl"z.

shalhevet

Post Tue, Apr 08 2008, 10:00 am
I agree about the cell. I think 2am is okay to call a cellphone too. If you don't want to answer it, then leave it switched off, or sound off.

But I also am wondering, like Tamiri, why these people have your cell number.... Mad

Seraph

Post Tue, Apr 08 2008, 10:03 am
some people use their cell phone as their alarm clock??

people have the cell number of my husband bec thats what my landlord gives out to people, so that they can be sure to reach my husband.

Shif

Post Tue, Apr 08 2008, 10:08 am
About the phone, turn it off.... If it is a cell phone esp... We don't have the ringer on when sleeping so it doesn't wake us or the kids

Quote:
I said 6:00 exactly, not before, not after...

That's a bit much I think (u said that you wouldn't let her in if not there at 6 on the dot) . But, my bet is, is that she will come before 6 anyways, despite what you said.

Seraph

Post Tue, Apr 08 2008, 10:25 am
well its a moot point anyhow because aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhh... breaks down in tears of frustration Exploding anger Exploding anger javascript:emoticon('Exploding anger')
Evil or Very Mad:evil: Exploding anger Exploding anger Exploding anger Exploding anger Exploding anger
I'm having a very tough day.
I'm REALLLY mad at one of my superiors at work.
she ruined my week, so who cares anyhow about this rude lady who'll come at a bad time for me, bec anyhow I cant work because of stupid stupid STUPID [size=35]MURIEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size]

Thank you for letting me vent. I'm not in the mood of dealing with miss pushy israeli. I feel I'm gonna snap....

Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Crying Crying

Clarissa

Post Tue, Apr 08 2008, 10:26 am
Go home and look at the fish. Fish are incredibly beautiful and soothing.

gryp

Post Tue, Apr 08 2008, 10:37 am
Breslov, are you eating well and sleeping well?
Sorry you're having a rough day.

Seraph

Post Tue, Apr 08 2008, 10:48 am
Clarissa wrote:
Go home and look at the fish. Fish are incredibly beautiful and soothing.

I am at home. I work at home.

B'h for my brother. Smile

I know these posts make no sense to anyone but me, but I fele better about posting them.

And gr, no, I have not been sleeping well, I go to sleep really late because I'm working, and then I get woken up a mere few hours after I got to sleep by a pushy israeli who I'll have to deal with in a few minutes....

Apple pie

Post Tue, Apr 08 2008, 11:39 am
Breslov... good luck for "surviving" the visit...

For the future, PLEASE don't let this happen again, tell your husband NOT to agree, or if he feels bad, take the phone and speak for yourself!

Akeres Habayis

Post Tue, Apr 08 2008, 12:10 pm
I had no clue breslov when I visited u today LOL
I can understand the potential buyers end.when I went to look at the apts in your neck of the woods,I either needed to come before 10am or after 7pm.when I spoke to the first lady I said I would come in the evening....we had two different ideas of what evening is,I came at 6 she wasn't going to be home till 10pm shock BH her neighbor let me look at hers,so I could get an idea of the the apt.
your request is understandable,but take deep breaths and u will get thru this.I think the underlying reason for the stress is that he is selling your apt, that u are very comfortable in LOL
so when someone calls to see the apt just cut them off...as landlords do me when I want to come look,"to view the house is between 12-4pm"u can leave it on the machine and let that be it.u/h dont have to answer it,the message is there.your dh shouldn't have to answer the phone except for recognized numbers.

Seraph

Post Tue, Apr 08 2008, 12:15 pm
well. 6:00 came and went. I needed to go to the makolet. I left at 6:30. she wanted to see it? come wen I say so.
I'm home now. if she comes now, I'm either not gonna answer the door or I'll answer and tell her "I told her 6:00, she wasnt here, tough luck, our apt is NOT available to be seen now."

Beauty and the Beast

Post Tue, Apr 08 2008, 12:19 pm
oyyyy, I know how u feel!
my landlords wanna sell my place too, and whenever they call to ask if they can come over, my whole skin prickles, my nerves tingle and my teeth clench. I haaaaaaaaaate it. such an intrusion of privacy.
but thats life.
sorry u feeling so uchy. I know how it feels..

freidasima

Post Wed, Apr 09 2008, 4:56 am
Breslov my dear be strong and tell them to all go jump in the lake. Tell your brother he is marvelous, ignore your superior and make something delicious to eat. Always helps.

Tamiri

Post Wed, Apr 09 2008, 4:59 am
Well, Shalhevet and I won that bet...
So, I am chalishing to know what happened in the end?
Much ado about... nothing?
Oh, the joys of selling a house.
Tempest in a cup of tea?

pinkbubbles

Post Wed, Apr 09 2008, 6:08 am
I would like to know what happened too!!

I would be MAD if that happened to me!!!

shalhevet

Post Wed, Apr 09 2008, 6:15 am
I would not give that person another appointment. Tell them to complain to your landlord, and if he asks you, tell him you already waited for them for half an hour once.

Seraph

Post Wed, Apr 09 2008, 6:52 am
So turns out she came while I was at the makolet, no one was home so she called my husband to say "I'm here!" and my husband politely told her that I left. if she wanted to see the apt she should have come at 6 like we told her to, and if she wanted to wait for me, she could.
I was kinda hoping she would so I could be mean to her and come home and davka not let her see it bec she came at the wrong time. But she left before I got here.
You think I might have taught her a lesson, or not likely?

Akeres Habayis

Post Wed, Apr 09 2008, 6:54 am
I think u did!!!
btw
email me or pm me the info,thanks
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette