Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Instagram influencer
Previous  1  2  3  Next

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 11:12 pm
mushkamothers wrote:
@motheringmindset
https://www.instagram.com/motheringmindset/

I have no idea why that one reel went viral. It didn't follow any of the "rules" like using trending audio, hashtags etc... go figure the internet is a weird and random place. I shared my thoughts on my sudden fame, if you're interested in that.

In general Instagram takes a lot of work and hustle. I always did it for fun, I only more recently started paying attention to the backend algorithm, and it's a lot. A lot more work goes in than you'd think. Everything takes time and effort.

That said, as business coaches love to say, # of followers is a vanity metric not a count of revenue. You can have 100k followers and be broke or have 100 followers and each is a dedicated customer. So definitely too much attention being put on the external (Including from the consumers side like don't think a big account is better than a smaller one)

Very true. I only have about 420 followers but my business is Bh doing very well. They are all real followers though. I don’t do anything to gain followers. I’m sure I could gain a lot more , but I don’t put much effort into it. I find posting what’s app statuses a lot more useful.

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Dec 01 2021, 11:54 pm
I deleted Instagram and I noticed after afew months I saved a lot of money. I know it sounds dumb…
For R”H I decided to delete Instagram (mainly because I felt that I was getting myself involved in lots of loshon hara). I got involved in other things and forgot about Instagram for a while.

Recently I was looking at my monthly spendings and I noticed that they went down. I cut back on my personal shopping and shopping for my children’s clothing. And I don’t feel like I’m having self control and buying less… I just don’t feel like I need so much.

I guess when I kept seeing people on Instagram with so many adorable outfits for their children and things for themselves I felt that I needed them to.

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 12:41 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
Very true. I only have about 420 followers but my business is Bh doing very well. They are all real followers though. I don’t do anything to gain followers. I’m sure I could gain a lot more , but I don’t put much effort into it. I find posting what’s app statuses a lot more useful.

Whats your business?

amother
Burntblack

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 12:43 am
The whole idea of privacy / tznius (even if you are claiming to be a frum tznius influencer ) is so backwards in this world. Humility is a Jewish / frum value, our personal Shalom bayis should be on the private side not out for everyone to see and comment, and even those who talk about how great they feel when they daven or are a good mother- we don’t all have to show off about that. Some people maybe struggle with davening - or yelled at their kids, or got in a fight with their husband but I’m sure their lives are great if not better than the influencer that’s constantly posting about how perfect everything in her life is. I look up to great people who are a little more private - not to great people (or not great people) who post about what makes them so great, or how skinny they are, or their new boots. It just get annoying

amother
Moccasin

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 12:59 am
Who's this influencer??

mushkamothers

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 1:13 am
amother [ Burntblack ] wrote:
The whole idea of privacy / tznius (even if you are claiming to be a frum tznius influencer ) is so backwards in this world. Humility is a Jewish / frum value, our personal Shalom bayis should be on the private side not out for everyone to see and comment, and even those who talk about how great they feel when they daven or are a good mother- we don’t all have to show off about that. Some people maybe struggle with davening - or yelled at their kids, or got in a fight with their husband but I’m sure their lives are great if not better than the influencer that’s constantly posting about how perfect everything in her life is. I look up to great people who are a little more private - not to great people (or not great people) who post about what makes them so great, or how skinny they are, or their new boots. It just get annoying

With the disclaimer that again, I don't post fashion or lifestyle or influencer shtick, I have a parenting page -
I struggle with this a lot because I am a very private person. It's jarring to have a creative outlet and then walk down the street and people recognize me in the park.

However I realized that it's the yetzer hara and ego. Imagine if the most famous Jewish singer in the world would have never become a singer bc "tznius" (and yes that was a thing in the 80s). Can you imagine a world without ____ (whoever your favorite artist is)

In a world with as large a platform and reach as today's online world, should we be private at the expense of positively affecting someone else? (And yes it comes with huge responsibility which I'm not sure most people realize)

I dont follow influencers so I can't comment on any of the drama that goes down. But there are so many people accomplishing so many great things. Someone gave you a recipe that made your shabbos prep smoother, shabbos more enjoyable, helped a picky child eat? How is that not a Mitzvah. Someone shared a tznius dress or inspired your table decor. Or even more substantial, shared parenting advice or relationship advice or TH advice? What's wrong?

And btw I struggle too with the content I share. I'm like, for a reel to get almost 5 million views it should be a dvar Torah. Oh well I guess my tafkid in life isn't as clear cut as that.
For example I just posted a reel about not showing nonkosher animals to my baby. On the one hand I'm like, half the people who see this won't get it, what's the point. And again it should at least be a dvar Torah or something. But you know what - it's a teaching from the Lubavitcher Rebbe based on Torah sources. Let the masses hear it. Let me be able to amplify his voice in a trendy 7 second, 2021 version that got 3k views in a day.
Why is that not valid or worthy?

I'm not from the camp that says you can't have a voice (or a face). I was taught that you should be an onion, stinky and gross and full of yourself if need be. But adding flavor and enriching everyone around you.
The account you think just shows off a woman's body - maybe it's inspiring someone to be more modest herself, or become frum? You don't like a page. Don't follow it. And let hashem be the judge of their tznius.

imorethanamother

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 3:06 pm
mushkamothers wrote:
With the disclaimer that again, I don't post fashion or lifestyle or influencer shtick, I have a parenting page -
I struggle with this a lot because I am a very private person. It's jarring to have a creative outlet and then walk down the street and people recognize me in the park.

However I realized that it's the yetzer hara and ego. Imagine if the most famous Jewish singer in the world would have never become a singer bc "tznius" (and yes that was a thing in the 80s). Can you imagine a world without ____ (whoever your favorite artist is)

You know? I really changed my mind about Instagram after reading this post. You make excellent points, and I really appreciate your perspective. And I think there's also a lot of extra anger toward women who post versus men, because we have these cultural expectations that women should keep hidden and quiet.

I got rid of Instagram mostly because it felt like one long commercial, and most of the items I bought that were recommended were actually just not good. Whether it was a food item or a vacuum or an overpriced sweater.

But I also found it distasteful when a certain type of influencer crossed my path. Fashion influencers, for example. 99.999999% of the time it's not about a regular woman showing us a good fashion find, it felt like gorgeous women who needed more attention. "I'm so pretty, and I'm a size 00, I'm going to pose and preen and show off clothes, and also, some of these fashions aren't that tznius." Like why do you need to add filters and make duck lips and photoshop your teeny waist even skinnier. Yes, frum women were doing that.

My favorite person is PeasLoveNCarrots, because she likes people from all walks of life, seems upbeat and happy, and shows off great food. My food tastes are different than hers, but her recipes will inspire me to create something similar (and with more sugar) than hers.

I mostly fast forwarded through stories, and I still don't quite understand this whole mindset of talking to a camera. I wonder if it's like writing into a diary, only you can cringe through your entries years later, but an instagram story disappears too fast for you to have any real regret. Maybe that's not a good thing.

married2020

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 3:37 pm
Very curious who it was

mushkamothers

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 3:58 pm
imorethanamother wrote:
You know? I really changed my mind about Instagram after reading this post. You make excellent points, and I really appreciate your perspective. And I think there's also a lot of extra anger toward women who post versus men, because we have these cultural expectations that women should keep hidden and quiet.

I got rid of Instagram mostly because it felt like one long commercial, and most of the items I bought that were recommended were actually just not good. Whether it was a food item or a vacuum or an overpriced sweater.

But I also found it distasteful when a certain type of influencer crossed my path. Fashion influencers, for example. 99.999999% of the time it's not about a regular woman showing us a good fashion find, it felt like gorgeous women who needed more attention. "I'm so pretty, and I'm a size 00, I'm going to pose and preen and show off clothes, and also, some of these fashions aren't that tznius." Like why do you need to add filters and make duck lips and photoshop your teeny waist even skinnier. Yes, frum women were doing that.

My favorite person is PeasLoveNCarrots, because she likes people from all walks of life, seems upbeat and happy, and shows off great food. My food tastes are different than hers, but her recipes will inspire me to create something similar (and with more sugar) than hers.

I mostly fast forwarded through stories, and I still don't quite understand this whole mindset of talking to a camera. I wonder if it's like writing into a diary, only you can cringe through your entries years later, but an instagram story disappears too fast for you to have any real regret. Maybe that's not a good thing.

The piece that people don't realize is that every good influencer is a true creative. Creative people need to create for the sake of it. Hence those fashion photos. Or showing off their beautiful homes.

As for stories, the market strategy is to create closeness with followers. Personally I hang out in stories more than the feed bc it gets fewer views so it's less of a spotlight. But I regret it every time bc I have so much good content that got buried in my stories.

The problem with stories is when people don't process beforehand. There are 4 questions I ask myself before sharing anything, one of them is: have I processed this yet. It's the raw emotions that cause all the drama. People forget that it's not just a camera. It's the world wide web.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 4:06 pm
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
She doesnt claim to be super tznius, doesnt present herself as super tznius and was simply answering some nosy questions she got after she showed off her newly renovated bathroom. She is a sweetheart and there is no need to bash her just because you disagree with what she said (not that there is anything wrong with a married couple doing things together).

Who is this??

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 4:34 pm
[quote="amother [ Lawngreen ]"]Who is this??[/

Deleted

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 5:14 pm
right I hear u all...youre right.
im not sure why im so upset about it. but I think its a little TMI but again not my life...

there are plenty of tznius influencers who post about how tznius they are, their homes, their kids, how much they daven, how much they spend at certain stores... its just all a bit too much for me.
I deleted insta and its been a good day

amother
Bellflower

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 6:03 pm
I love peaslovencarrots. She’s so genuine. I really get a feel of what it means to live in Israel when watching her stories. She’s so real.

amother
Lime

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 7:09 pm
amother [ Cantaloupe ] wrote:
Estherandsasha- she posted on her estherandsasha doma account

Um shes by all means not “frum”! jewish yes, but def not frum
She regularly posts TMI pics and info.. this was not smthng new

If ur looking at her for “frum inspiration” ur down the wrong path hon

amother
Snow

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 7:23 pm
amother [ Lime ] wrote:

This. She is quite open about having grown up frum and now eating treif, etc. I believe her husband owns treif restaurants, and this is not something she hides. She is proudly Jewish but definitely not frum, by her own admission. I agree posting something like that is in poor taste but if you’re trying to say she portrays herself as frum and/or tznius - no chance. Quite the opposite.

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 9:31 pm
amother [ Lime ] wrote:

I am new to this thread - I only responded who the influencer was because people kept asking who was the one posting about steaming with her husband was… I did not mention her as a source of frum inspiration. She does seem very honest and straightforward though.

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 9:47 pm
Ok I just looked up this insta person… and I don’t know how you guys think she is frum
Maybe she is observant on some level with something, but frum is really the wrong description.
She is half naked in most of her pics , not really that differently dressed than Julia Haart, so no idea who is expecting tznius anything content

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 9:52 pm
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:
Ok I just looked up this insta person… and I don’t know how you guys think she is frum
Maybe she is observant on some level with something, but frum is really the wrong description.
She is half naked in most of her pics , not really that differently dressed than Julia Haart, so no idea who is expecting tznius anything content

I believe she is Modern Orthodox. but this has become loshon hora so not sure why people named her or continue talking loshon hora about her.

amother
Lightpink

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 10:37 pm
I’m an “influencer” but I hate that title.

I don’t make much money , if any, from Instagram I use it simply as an outlet for my creativity. I’m often lonely and I’m an extrovert so I love interacting online. As much as I say it doesn’t it sometimes does get to me that I don’t have as many followers as x or as many likes on my posts/reels especially when I work hard on the content. That said my engagement percentage is quite high and I don’t have the pressure to post or story because it’s just an output of creativity for me.

I mostly don’t charge for free items to be sent to me for stories I just charge for posts and I always always hashtag if it’s free or sponsored etc.

I love social media. Yes it has its catches ans downsides but all in all it’s kept me in touch witb family and friends around teh world and I love being able to help and support others in similar situations to me. Oh and talk Wink coz I love to do that!

amother
Phlox

Post Thu, Dec 02 2021, 10:54 pm
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
I believe she is Modern Orthodox. but this has become loshon hora so not sure why people named her or continue talking loshon hora about her.

She is not MO. MO jews don't eat treif.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics