Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Help me help my daughter
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 6:32 pm
Where are you located? Maybe we can give you recommendations.

amother
Nasturtium

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 6:47 pm
amother [ NeonBlue ] wrote:
This. Anxiety, adhd, sensory issues don’t cause enuresis and encompresis, though they sure go along with it. All of the above are symptoms, with the common root causes of all of them being gut dysbiosis, neuroinflammation (most commonly caused by latent chronic infections), nutrient deficiencies, autonomic nervous system dysfunction, poor vagal tone, retained primitive reflexes, cortisol issues, hpa axis dysfunction, poor thyroid function, and so on. It’s a brain wired for danger, hence the sensory issues, anxiety, adhd, executive function difficulties, and also autonomic difficulties. You need to quiet her entire nervous system down, and you do that by taking down inflammation and whatever’s causing inflammation (food, infections, allergies, mold) , supporting the vagus nerve (craniosacral therapy, gut health, reflex integration), supporting thyroid and adrenals, building nervous system with essential nutrients and so on.

Actually anxiety does cause it. Withholding bm is a classic anxiety symptom. Gut inflammation isn’t the answer to everything. And it’s torture for kids with anxiety that is treatable to be out through extensive testing and on regiments that won’t fix the real issue.

amother
NeonBlue

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 6:50 pm
amother [ Nasturtium ] wrote:
Actually anxiety does cause it. Withholding bm is a classic anxiety symptom. Gut inflammation isn’t the answer to everything. And it’s torture for kids with anxiety that is treatable to be out through extensive testing and on regiments that won’t fix the real issue.
Encompresis is much more than just withholding
OPs dd has a lot more going on than just encompresis
Not all children with anxiety withhold
Even if anxiety is the direct cause of the withholding, anxiety is still not the root cause
Gut dysbiosis and inflammation are the cause of many many many ills, especially anxiety
I’m not sure why you think the testing and treating I’m suggesting is torture, and if there’s actually a better alternative. Seems like ops tried a bunch of stuff with little success.

Brand new research, not directly related to encompresis but on the link between gut and nervous system health https://medicalxpress.com/news.....n4GEs

Op you can help her without he swallowing pills . But fwiw not able to swallow pills is often a vagus nerve type thing, overactive gag reflex, anxiety, phobia.

amother
Lily

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 7:00 pm
Yes to what everyone said about anxiety, Lyme, Neuroinflammation, vagus nerve, gut dysbiosis etc.

It's near impossible to work with a kid-getting evaluated and treated- when they're in a constant state of fight or flight as you said your child is.

I had a child like this. I did all the evals, therapy, supplements, holistic Drs etc etc I can go on and on. She wasn't a candidate for any of it because her body was stuck in fight or flight mode.

Bh bh she has made HUGE strides with craniosacral therapy. Cst calmed her body to a point where we were able to work with her. A lot of the issues fell into place on their own. The rest we are working on because now we can work on it. Before nothing went in, now there's somebody home to work with.

I can't recommend it enough. Post your location and I'll try to help you find someone competent.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 7:07 pm
amother [ Lily ] wrote:
Yes to what everyone said about anxiety, Lyme, Neuroinflammation, vagus nerve, gut dysbiosis etc.

It's near impossible to work with a kid-getting evaluated and treated- when they're in a constant state of fight or flight as you said your child is.

I had a child like this. I did all the evals, therapy, supplements, holistic Drs etc etc I can go on and on. She wasn't a candidate for any of it because her body was stuck in fight or flight mode.

Bh bh she has made HUGE strides with craniosacral therapy. Cst calmed her body to a point where we were able to work with her. A lot of the issues fell into place on their own. The rest we are working on because now we can work on it. Before nothing went in, now there's somebody home to work with.

I can't recommend it enough. Post your location and I'll try to help you find someone competent.

Thank you. I appreciate your help

Located in Brooklyn ny

amother
Oldlace

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 7:10 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Located in Brooklyn ny

First take her to a developmental pediatrician or neuropsychologist. Honestly, you are a bit late on all this.

amother
Nemesia

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 7:13 pm
amother [ Oldlace ] wrote:
First take her to a developmental pediatrician or neuropsychologist. Honestly, you are a bit late on all this.

Someone is never too late! And her daughter is only 13!

amother
NeonPink

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 7:32 pm
I'm in a PANDAS facebook group, and learned that mirilax can have a lot of psychological side effects. Not that I think its a cause, but it could definitely worsen the situation.

Hatzlocha

amother
NeonBlue

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 7:38 pm
amother [ NeonPink ] wrote:
I'm in a PANDAS facebook group, and learned that mirilax can have a lot of psychological side effects. Not that I think its a cause, but it could definitely worsen the situation.

Hatzlocha
Great point. There is a non pandas group called. Parents against miralax that made the claim first.

browser

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 7:43 pm
Go to a good naturopath who will help guide u beH
PM me for a recommendation

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 7:44 pm
amother [ NeonPink ] wrote:

Hatzlocha

Wow. That’s so interesting. Thanks for pointing that out.

amother
Currant

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 7:44 pm
Op, this sounds so challenging and I really don’t have advice for you other than to say btdt with enuresis/ encopresis please cont the miralax it’s basically added fiber in powder form. And also you sound like an absolutely wonderful, patient, amazing mother. Your daughter is lucky to have you as her mom. Hatzlachah!

amother
Nemesia

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 7:47 pm
amother [ Currant ] wrote:
Op, this sounds so challenging and I really don’t have advice for you other than to say btdt with enuresis/ encopresis please cont the miralax it’s basically added fiber in powder form. And also you sound like an absolutely wonderful, patient, amazing mother. Your daughter is lucky to have you as her mom. Hatzlachah!

Mirilax is a chemical. Its been found to have many side effects. Benefiber is natural fiber. My sons GI put him on that as a toddler.

amother
Lily

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 8:08 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Located in Brooklyn ny

I'm not in Brooklyn, but I have heard avigayil Weiss is amazing!
914-486-7014

Or start a new thread and I'm sure people will be happy to give you other recommendations.

amother
Nemesia

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 8:35 pm
If you want to go the CST route, Shira Korngold is excellent in Brooklyn. She has treated my kids.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 8:43 pm
amother [ Nemesia ] wrote:
If you want to go the CST route, Shira Korngold is excellent in Brooklyn. She has treated my kids.
917 502 1963

Thank You. Can I ask how it helped you?

imorethanamother

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 8:43 pm
amother [ Lily ] wrote:

Craniosacral therapy is complete nonsense. There is not one scientific paper or data on it being effective at all.

https://www.painscience.com/ar.....y.php

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 8:47 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yes, GI put her on this regimen.

How do I find a good educational phycologist?

Thank you for your reply.

I'd go back to the GI. Long term laxative use makes your child's body dependent on the laxative, and also it works less over time.

You can ask your school for recommendations - they probably have seen many. Or call your pediatrician and ask for one.

amother
Oldlace

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 9:11 pm
amother [ Nemesia ] wrote:
Someone is never too late! And her daughter is only 13!

It’s never too late, that’s why I’m encouraging her to go to a professional who can diagnose and help her dd. It’s just a little sad that she’s been struggling all these years without the proper help.

amother
Nemesia

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 9:29 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank You. Can I ask how it helped you?

1 child was more physical and motor planning issues and another was for more behavioral/emotional issues but not as severe as your daughter. BH" I saw a big change in them. Obviously, everyone has different results but it worked for us.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics