Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
S/o Fork vs spoon
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

Bnei Berak 10

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 5:15 pm
amother [ Stone ] wrote:
How did this jump from you must eat certain food with a fork to if you don't then you obviously don't know how to use a fork? I feel like I'm in the twilight zone, this can't be real.

Ask yourself that question. Do you REALLY expect people to read your mind?
I stated that in if a person doesn't use a fork and need a spoon for solids I can only get to the conclusion that they simply haven't learned to use a fork.
Its only when I asked you for a simple answer you get worked up about it and changing your whole argumentation.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 5:16 pm
I've never met anyone who didn't know how to use a fork.
Ok, maybe Ariel, in the animated movie the little mermaid. 🧜‍♀️

Blessing1

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 5:17 pm
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
If you didn't mention that you are able to use a fork until the end of this topic it's reasonable that to think that you actually don't know how to do it. Nobody reads thoughts.
Why didn't you take the initiative to clear this matter upthread? Why?
Its such a simple question and yet so *incredibly* hard for you to answer it.

Most people don't think like this. I don't see reason to mention that I'm capable of using a fork. It didn't dawn on me that others assume that people aren't capable of using a fork.

amother
Stone

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 5:18 pm
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
Ask yourself that question. Do you REALLY expect people to read your mind?
I stated that in if a person doesn't use a fork and need a spoon for solids I can only get to the conclusion that they simply haven't learned to use a fork.
Its only when I asked you for a simple answer you get worked up about it and changing your whole argumentation.

Everyone can read the entire conversation so not sure how you can just state whatever you want now. I changed nothing. WHEN DID I SAY I NEVER USE FORKS?

Blessing1

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 5:19 pm
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
No it is not silly.
It could have been stated upthread. But you and/or Stone did NOT say it.
What made it so difficult to state it? Why?

We don't need to state something that's self understood.

amother
Stone

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 5:22 pm
Do I also need to list everything I can do? I can put on my shoes, my coat, my shirt, my skirt, my tights, my underwear. I can throw out my garbage. I can put things on shelves. I can drink from a cup OR a straw. I can use a knife, even sharp ones. I can count until 10, also until 20 and 30 and 40 and 50.. I think I'll have to write every number lest someone assume by me not mentioning it I might not be able to count. I know my abc. I know my alef beis. I can read. I can add, subtract, multiply, divide. I can tell time. I can brush my hair. I can shower myself, I can use soap, shampoo and conditioner.

I have to think what else my little ones are capable of, because if I don't list toddler skills someone might think I lack them.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 5:28 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
Most people don't think like this. I don't see reason to mention that I'm capable of using a fork. It didn't dawn on me that others assume that people aren't capable of using a fork.

But I think like this. Who are "most people"?
It didn't dawn to you?
And it didn't dawn to you to mention you are capable using a fork? Well why didn't you SAY SO IN THE BEGINNING? WHY?

Bnei Berak 10

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 5:32 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
We don't need to state something that's self understood.

NOTHING is self understood. Its only a silly schtick because you don't have a good answer.
Who is " we"?

Genius

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 5:34 pm
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
NOTHING is self understood. Its only a silly schtick because you don't have a good answer.
Who is " we"?

I can’t decide whether you’re joking or trolling.

Blessing1

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 5:35 pm
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
Who is " we"?

I'm starting to get creeped out here.
Do you have Aspergers syndrome?
Or are you purposely trolling us?

amother
Stone

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 5:36 pm
It's not our issue that you assume we are incapable of doing what a 1 year old can do. It's on you to fix your attitude and outlook. We don't need to cater to this silliness. This is not how the world works. If only there were classes on how to not judge or make assumptions or treat people like morons.

amother
Stone

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 5:36 pm
Blessing1 wrote:

Same! Something is going on here.

chanatron1000

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 5:37 pm
Blessing1 wrote:

I don't think this is an appropriate question (though it is generally assumed that a preference does not mean an inability to use the alternative).

Blessing1

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 5:39 pm
chanatron1000 wrote:
I don't think this is an appropriate question (though it is generally assumed that a preference does not mean an inability to use the alternative).

Sorry, I don't intend to be hurtful. But those posts are so ridiculous, the only reasonable explanations I can think of are either Aspergers or purposely trolling for entertainment purposes.

keym

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 5:41 pm
If I say I don't wear tights, I only wear socks. Is the assumption that I don't know how to put on or pull up tights? I hope not.
Because I know how to put on tights, I just feel more comfortable wearing knee socks.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 5:43 pm
amother [ Stone ] wrote:
Do I also need to list everything I can do? I can put on my shoes, my coat, my shirt, my skirt, my tights, my underwear. I can throw out my garbage. I can put things on shelves. I can drink from a cup OR a straw. I can use a knife, even sharp ones. I can count until 10, also until 20 and 30 and 40 and 50.. I think I'll have to write every number lest someone assume by me not mentioning it I might not be able to count. I know my abc. I know my alef beis. I can read. I can add, subtract, multiply, divide. I can tell time. I can brush my hair. I can shower myself, I can use soap, shampoo and conditioner.

I have to think what else my little ones are capable of, because if I don't list toddler skills someone might think I lack them.

The topic was about forks and spoons. And you know it. No need to try to distract.
And only on the bottom of page 4 did you say: I know how to eat with fork's but I don't care.
I would have much more respect for you if you had done this in the beginning.

amother
Stone

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 5:45 pm
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
The topic was about forks and spoons. And you know it. No need to try to distract.
And only on the bottom of page 4 did you say: I know how to eat with fork's but I don't care.

Why would I need to state that?? That's a ridiculous thing to need to state.

Genius

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 5:46 pm
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:

When you knock on someone’s door, do you assume that they know how to turn the knob?
When you serve someone food do you give them a spoon in case they don’t know how to eat with a fork?
You’re being ridiculous and I have a feeling you know it.

chanatron1000

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 5:48 pm
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:

Preferring something generally does not mean being unable to use other things, and there is no reason to assume it does in the context of this discussion.

amother
Sage

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 5:50 pm
It was stated on the thread this is a spin off, that some people simply prefer using a spoon for some foods. Not that they use because that's the only utensil they know how to use. Just a matter of preference. Nobody said they were using a spoon for chicken or spaghetti only for things like stew or cholent or rice.
Page 6 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics