Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
S/o Fork vs spoon
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

Bnei Berak 10

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 3:49 pm
amother [ Stone ] wrote:
Seriously? I can use a fork and knife perfectly per the rules and gasp I wasn't even officially taught that! But I don't care. I just don't. Nothing will make me care. I will use a spoon when I please because I can and there is nothing wrong with it. People going crazy because they think you must use forks will still not make me use a fork. And yikes with the judgement and the I'm holier than thou attitude.

Well why didn't you say so in the first place? You have wasted your time and mine. Pity to waste your time on arguing when you could have spent it on more "important things"

chanatron1000

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 3:50 pm
Rubies wrote:
Eating pizza with hands is considered uncouth and terribly improper.

Actually, eating it any other way is culturally insensitive and classist and should probably be considered a human rights violation or something.

Blessing1

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 3:52 pm
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
Well why didn't you say so in the first place? You have wasted your time and mine. Pity to waste your time on arguing when you could have spent it on more "important things"

Why does she or anyone else need to say so? Why do you automatically assume that those that eat with a spoon are uneducated and don't know better? Why can't you just think that people prefer to eat with a spoon and let it go without making such a fuss about it?

Last edited by Blessing1 on Sun, Dec 12 2021, 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Stone

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 3:52 pm
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:

But I did.

zaq

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 3:53 pm
Eat everything with a knife. knives are the easiest to clean.

Genius

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 3:57 pm
zaq wrote:
Eat everything with a knife. knives are the easiest to clean.

⚔️

Bnei Berak 10

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 4:01 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
Why does she or anyone else need to say so? Why do you automatically assume that those that eat with a spoon are uneducated and don't know better? Why can't you just think that people prefer to eat with a spoon and let it go without making such a fuss about it?

Don't you think its silly to argue page up and down when this could have been said in the first place?
Just to write: I don't care of people see me eating with a spoon. But I am able to handle solid foods with a fork and knife.

amother
Stone

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 4:03 pm
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
Don't you think its silly to argue page up and down when this could have been said in the first place?
Just to write: I don't care of people see me eating with a spoon. But I am able to handle solid foods with a fork and knife.

Why would I think you assumed I’m incapable of using a fork and knife? That’s beyond anything I would have predicted. You continue to shock me. And besides did I say what I eat with? I use forks, knives, and spoons.

Blessing1

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 4:13 pm
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:

Why should I or anyone else write this when there's nothing wrong with eating with a spoon? We don't need to excuse ourselves for doing nothing wrong. Why don't you assume that most adults are capable of using a knife and fork but many choose not to?

Bnei Berak 10

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 4:28 pm
amother [ Stone ] wrote:
Why would I think you assumed I’m incapable of using a fork and knife? That’s beyond anything I would have predicted. You continue to shock me. And besides did I say what I eat with? I use forks, knives, and spoons.

Because its kind of silly not to state it from the beginning.
If you don't state it (I can but I don't care) it is making them impression that you are not capable to eat with a fork.
I don't read thoughts.

amother
Stone

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 4:34 pm
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
If you don't state it (I can but I don't care) it is making them impression that you are not capable to eat with a fork.
I don't read thoughts.

State what that I can use a fork? Why would you ever think I can't? Do you think forks and knives require special skills? You know it's not that hard to use them right? I choose to eat some foods with a spoon and that means I lack fork skills? How did you come to that conclusion? And most of my comments were just arguing that which utensil you use is nonsense and who cares. I wasn't arguing to get rid of forks and only use spoons. So again why would I need to assume you think I'm a moron who isn't capable of using a fork?

Blessing1

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 4:35 pm
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
I don't read thoughts.

It's silly for someone to assume that others aren't capable of using a fork.

amother
Tan

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 4:38 pm
As a yekke at heart, I am all about great table manners. No other way.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 4:42 pm
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
Millions of Asians eat with chopsticks. People in europe are able to eat rice with a fork and with the help of a knife.
Then how come a number of americans are unable to eat rice with a fork? Please be so kind and tell me.

This is too funny. I can definitely eat rice or cholent with a fork and a knife, and have done so every time I've been served. But when I am home, I prefer the stew method of bowl and spoon and that is how I enjoy to serve myself for those particular dishes. There's something warm about a bowl of hot food, like comfort food.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 4:56 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
It's silly for someone to assume that others aren't capable of using a fork.

No it is not silly.
It could have been stated upthread. But you and/or Stone did NOT say it.
What made it so difficult to state it? Why?

amother
Stone

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 4:58 pm
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
No it is not silly.

I explained 3 times!!! How are you still asking why? Did you read my answers? Or are you just wasting my time?

Genius

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 4:59 pm
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
No it is not silly.

Because most humans, in the countries we inhabit, over the age of five years old have used forks for the past few hundred years. Why would anyone assume that a person who was capable to access this site couldn’t eat with a fork?! (Barring any physical disabilities obviously)

amother
Stone

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 5:03 pm
How did this jump from you must eat certain food with a fork to if you don't then you obviously don't know how to use a fork? I feel like I'm in the twilight zone, this can't be real.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 5:06 pm
amother [ Stone ] wrote:
State what that I can use a fork? Why would you ever think I can't? Do you think forks and knives require special skills? You know it's not that hard to use them right? I choose to eat some foods with a spoon and that means I lack fork skills? How did you come to that conclusion? And most of my comments were just arguing that which utensil you use is nonsense and who cares. I wasn't arguing to get rid of forks and only use spoons. So again why would I need to assume you think I'm a moron who isn't capable of using a fork?

If you didn't mention that you are able to use a fork until the end of this topic it's reasonable that to think that you actually don't know how to do it. Nobody reads thoughts.
Why didn't you take the initiative to clear this matter upthread? Why?
Its such a simple question and yet so *incredibly* hard for you to answer it.

amother
Stone

Post Sun, Dec 12 2021, 5:12 pm
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
If you didn't mention that you are able to use a fork until the end of this topic it's reasonable that to think that you actually don't know how to do it. Nobody reads thoughts.
Why didn't you take the initiative to clear this matter upthread? Why?
Its such a simple question and yet so *incredibly* hard for you to answer it.

First time I responded "But I did."

Second time I responded "Why would I think you assumed I’m incapable of using a fork and knife? That’s beyond anything I would have predicted. You continue to shock me. And besides did I say what I eat with? I use forks, knives, and spoons."

Third time I responded "State what that I can use a fork? Why would you ever think I can't? Do you think forks and knives require special skills? You know it's not that hard to use them right? I choose to eat some foods with a spoon and that means I lack fork skills? How did you come to that conclusion? And most of my comments were just arguing that which utensil you use is nonsense and who cares. I wasn't arguing to get rid of forks and only use spoons. So again why would I need to assume you think I'm a moron who isn't capable of using a fork?"

And here I am responding the fourth time. Yet you insist I am not answering this super basic question.
Page 5 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics