Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
How often do you bathe your kids
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

BrisketBoss

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 8:38 pm
amother [ Ghostwhite ] wrote:
Seriously? child abuse?

My home is one of the most loving and nurturing homes. Clean and inviting, yummy nutritious meals, lots of quality time with the kids, loving and warm. Kids are neat and clean (according to my standards) and always have fresh, clean clothing.

I think most kids would prefer that to a "nasty momma with amazing fresh cleaned kiddos".

The comment you are replying to is a perfect example of amother abuse. Who would use such a bizarre phrase unless they had this mask?

amother
Daffodil

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 8:39 pm
doodlesmom wrote:
When people are busy that they don’t bathe their kids but wash their privates, extremities nails etc. every day….why don’t you just dunk them in the bath….it’ll probably take the same time as all that washing…

Maybe for some people it’s easier to split up the washing? Quick wipe down of diaper area after a change. Hands get thoroughly washed and nails scrubbed before dinner. Wash hands and face after brushing teeth before bed.

It could be that the way your house is set up, a full bath is easier. But others may not have the same setup as you.

pesach

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 8:39 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm in an overwhelming stage now (4 kids under 6yrs)... Am I nuts for only bathing them once a week? (They dont look or smell dirty, I wash their face and hand well afew times a day...)

In the winter I think you can get away with once or twice a week. Though in addition to hands ans face Make sure to wash their bottoms daily!

Also change underwear and clothing daily! No getting around that one with little kids.

Rubies

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 8:41 pm
amother [ Daffodil ] wrote:
Just want to share something personal: Most of the things I looked down on others for doing, Hashem engineered things so that I’d end up doing it too at some point. I’ve learned to be much more humble and less judgmental.

B”H in your circumstances bathing daily is non-negotiable. But if your situation changed, are you so sure you’d have the same priorities?

Disagreeing is not looking down on others.
There are many times in life where things are not ideal. That doesn't change the fact that it shouldn't be done.

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 8:42 pm
Just want to share something personal: Most of the things I looked down on others for doing, Hashem engineered things so that I’d end up doing it too at some point. I’ve learned to be much more humble and less judgmental.

B”H in your circumstances bathing daily is non-negotiable. But if your situation changed, are you so sure you’d have the same priorities?

Hashem has given me challenges. We all have challenges I don’t consider having too many kids with no time to bathe a challenge I’m sorry like I said she asked for opinions I can answer I never said she or anyone has to agree with me I am entitled to my opinion. And one time a week is beyond extreme in my opinion at least 2 times sorry we choose to have our kids and part of having them is raising them and yes hygiene wise washing one time a week after they r between kids all day evry day in school is very not healthy!!!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 8:45 pm
amother [ Bluebonnet ] wrote:
Ok and I find this thread nasty! Sorry but kids don’t deserve this I’m entitled to my opinion she asked for it I gave it I find it nasty gross disgusting and horrible and child abuse! I don’t care how nasty that makes me I’m a nasty momma with amazing fresh cleaned kiddies!

I prefer kids that aren't squeaky clean all the time but DO have squeaky clean middos all the time. weird
I did ask for and genuinely wanted to hear others opinion, but there is a decent way of stating it without getting aggressive, check out some f the other posters for reference.

amother
Daffodil

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 8:46 pm
Rubies wrote:
There are many times in life where things are not ideal. That doesn't change the fact that it shouldn't be done.

Calling it gross and child abuse is looking down on others.

I agree it’s not ideal, but honestly it’s not so bad.

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 8:49 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I prefer kids that aren't squeaky clean all the time but DO have squeaky clean middos all the time. weird
I did ask for and genuinely wanted to hear others opinion, but there is a decent way of stating it without getting aggressive, check out some f the other posters for reference.

U find me aggressive and I find u neglecting and not responsible I’m ok with ur opinion on me and what u think . And it’s good to know that all clean bathed kids out there don’t have middos according to you .

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 8:51 pm
Rubies wrote:

The post she was responding to was not "disagreeing". "Looking down on" was a mild term.

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 8:54 pm
Hashem has given me challenges. We all have challenges I don’t consider having too many kids with no time to bathe a challenge I’m sorry like I said she asked for opinions I can answer I never said she or anyone has to agree with me I am entitled to my opinion. And one time a week is beyond extreme in my opinion at least 2 times sorry we choose to have our kids and part of having them is raising them and yes hygiene wise washing one time a week after they r between kids all day evry day in school is very not healthy!!!

Not healthy in your personal opinion.

I grew up bathing once a week, all my siblings did (pre-puberty), and we were a very very happy functional home bh.
Same with my home and my siblings homes.
Very healthy happy places.
It's all what you are used to.

Not sure how it's not healthy, as we bh have excellent health. As do my siblings families.
It's what you are used to.
Hard to understand that your way is the only good way.

Rubies

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 8:56 pm
Calling it gross and child abuse is looking down on others.

I agree it’s not ideal, but honestly it’s not so bad.

No.
I can be very empathetic regarding any challenges that are contributing to this issue and still think it's quite unpleasant and neglectful.

It also seems to be that people like op are truly clean and careful with hygiene and spend time washing and scrubbing faces. I would think it's more of a question of 'do I need to add this into my crazy schedule or can I get away with it?' Yes. You need to.

The people that truly don't think there's anything wrong or are aware that they cannot do anything more than they currently are, aren't asking this question.

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 8:57 pm
Where's Ruchel when you need her lol?? LOL LOL

Rubies

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 8:57 pm
The post she was responding to was not "disagreeing". "Looking down on" was a mild term.

Wasn't keeping up. Just a standalone comment on her statement.

amother
Broom

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 8:58 pm
I have 4 kids 4 and under and we bathe them 2x a day. That’s what their dermatologist wants. I’m able to get them up bathed and dressed in under half an hour for all 4 so not so bad. It just takes some planning

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 8:58 pm
U find me aggressive and I find u neglecting and not responsible I’m ok with ur opinion on me and what u think . And it’s good to know that all clean bathed kids out there don’t have middos according to you .

wow! what a way to twist my words...
Let me break it dow, maybe it'll be clearer:
I aim to have clean kids, I try my best.
I don't think clean kids equals bad middos.
The way you were saying you prefer clean kids and nasty moma, made it sound like you put cleanliness before being nice.
again, you can think I'm neglecting, not responsible etc. but can you really not think of a nice way to phrase it? other mothers managed to get that message across in a decent way.
I'm gonna say this one more time for the record and then I give up;
my kids are loved. they are washed hands, feet and private parts daily (at different times, so thats what makes it easier.
underwear is changed twice a day (morning and night.
nails trimmed often.
accidents and dirty diapers are not included in the once weekly (I thought that was obvious)
they are clean and cared for.
I rest my case

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 9:01 pm
Rubies wrote:
Wasn't keeping up. Just a standalone comment on her statement.

Maybe you should read what people are responding to before you respond.

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 9:02 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
wow! what a way to twist my words...
Let me break it dow, maybe it'll be clearer:
I aim to have clean kids, I try my best.
I don't think clean kids equals bad middos.
The way you were saying you prefer clean kids and nasty moma, made it sound like you put cleanliness before being nice.
again, you can think I'm neglecting, not responsible etc. but can you really not think of a nice way to phrase it? other mothers managed to get that message across in a decent way.
I'm gonna say this one more time for the record and then I give up;
my kids are loved. they are washed hands, feet and private parts daily (at different times, so thats what makes it easier.
underwear is changed twice a day (morning and night.
nails trimmed often.
accidents and dirty diapers are not included in the once weekly (I thought that was obvious)
they are clean and cared for.
I rest my case

Well stated. I am out of this thread. Going to hug my clean kids.

Rubies

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 9:03 pm
Maybe you should read what people are responding to before you respond.

I choose to respond to statements that are implied as fact regardless of context. A statement should be able to stand on its own.
You can choose to ignore my comments. Smile

Last edited by Rubies on Tue, Dec 21 2021, 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Candycane

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 9:06 pm
Here’s my take. I bathe my kids every night. It’s important to me. I also found especially in the toddler stage it was something to break up a long afternoon/evening. It was part of play tome. It relaxes and freshens them up and puts them in a better mood. That being said my kids are spaced apart. I do think twice a week is the bare minimum. I think 3 x a week would be best. The nightly thing isn’t necessary just what works for us. To me having fresh kids- yes there is a difference between full on bath and washing hands feet and privates is a priority so much so I would say do sandwiches or cereal and milk once a week to be able to add shower/bath an extra time. But you can always ask teachers/pediatricians if you’re interested in hearing a professionals opinion what’s best for your children.

amother
Jetblack

Post Tue, Dec 21 2021, 9:09 pm
It’s interesting how many people here evidently feel the world was completely dysfunctional for the first 5,700 or so years of its existence—that is, before most people had running water in their homes, and could not have bathed very frequently. Once per week was considered frequent.
Page 7 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers