Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Tubes for constant ear infections
Previous  1  2

amother
Firethorn

Post Sun, Jan 30 2022, 9:46 pm
Just for the record- my kid has tubes in and is still getting ear infections… I’ve been going to a chiropractor throughout (2 diff highly recommended ones because of a move…)

Kid doesn’t have dairy ever. Never had a bottle and I don’t either eat dairy.

Had laser tongue and cheek ties snipped.

Some kids just need to outgrow it but tubes is a really simple procedure that can be lifechanging. My older kid got tubes and never had an infection since.

amother
Celeste

Post Sun, Jan 30 2022, 9:46 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Always comes with a cold.
Look for oral ties. Is this kid a mouth breather?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 30 2022, 9:48 pm
amother [ Celeste ] wrote:
Look for oral ties. Is this kid a mouth breather?

Not sure

What are oral ties

amother
Celeste

Post Sun, Jan 30 2022, 9:50 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Not sure

What are oral ties
Tongue and lip ties

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Jan 30 2022, 10:26 pm
amother [ Hyssop ] wrote:
Don’t do it! My ds’s pediatrician was already recommending tubes because my ds had 9 ear infections in one year and then my friend suggested I stop all dairy, and that worked like a charm. Try that first.
we didn't follow ent advice to put tubes because of suggestions like this from friends and family we tried multiple alternatives dairy free. gluten free. drops oil's and much more, ear infections kept coming back, by now he is already outgrown the infections but it caused permanent damage to eardrum and hearing n is in need of hearing aids as per ent and doc it's a direct result of all the ear infections he had when he was a little child. DON'T ake any serious medical advice from anyone except a licensed professional you can always ask for second opinions, we paid such a big price for that mistake
Refueh shlimeh

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Jan 30 2022, 10:55 pm
Op,
I was literally just at an ENT last week for my two year old who has had an ear infection every month since October. He said to wait until spring since her infections happen generally once she has a cold. She’s been getting sick a lot since she just started playgroup, and it takes 6-8 months for their immune systems to acclimate. The doctor explained, There’s a difference between a kid who gets an ear infection from a cold and can clear vs ear infections that come on randomly/can’t clear up. So we are waiting until the spring. We had the same exact situation with another child and once spring came the infections stopped. With a different child, we had to do the tubes. His ear infections just wouldn’t stop. He even woke up sick the morning of the surgery and we had to reschedule.
Go see a recommended ent and get his/her advice. They don’t all push surgery. Mine definitely didn’t.

amother
Plum

Post Mon, Jan 31 2022, 11:05 am
Dont make my dumb mistake. I listened to all alternative medicine ideas when DD was experiencing mod to severe hear loss due to fluid she missed out on such vital time in her life when kids learn through osmosis and and neurons that are needed for a lifetime are built. She is 10 and the speech language pathologist claims her auditory processing disorder as well as lisp is due to the vital time she missed not hearing.

At 4 y old we finally did tubes and watched a wilted flower come to life. I hate looking back with guilt. The whole procedure is quick and and recovery was in a blink.

amother
Midnight

Post Mon, Jan 31 2022, 1:38 pm
I had 2 kids who needed tubes at the same time. The ENT told me max he'll give me is 2 weeks to try an alternative method. I went to a top homeopath and took them back 2 weeks later to the ENT. Both of them had completely clear ears.
So you can try an alternative but please do so with your doctors approval and without risking your child's health.

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, Jan 31 2022, 2:20 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
Op,
I was literally just at an ENT last week for my two year old who has had an ear infection every month since October. He said to wait until spring since her infections happen generally once she has a cold. She’s been getting sick a lot since she just started playgroup, and it takes 6-8 months for their immune systems to acclimate. The doctor explained, There’s a difference between a kid who gets an ear infection from a cold and can clear vs ear infections that come on randomly/can’t clear up. So we are waiting until the spring. We had the same exact situation with another child and once spring came the infections stopped. With a different child, we had to do the tubes. His ear infections just wouldn’t stop. He even woke up sick the morning of the surgery and we had to reschedule.
Go see a recommended ent and get his/her advice. They don’t all push surgery. Mine definitely didn’t.

Can you please share which doctor you used?

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Jan 31 2022, 3:30 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
Can you please share which doctor you used?

I saw Dr. Steven Gold in Hackensack.
I used Dr Grunstein and Dr Hill in Columbia for my older child.
And just like other people said above, the procedure is super fast and there’s basically no recovery time. Why risk having issues down the road?

Good luck
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics