Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Formula Feeding
How do you prepare the powder formula for a week old?
Previous  1  2

amother
Rose

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 7:44 pm
amother [ Pistachio ] wrote:
They don't "need" a warm bottle per se, but hashem created mothers milk to be warm for a reason.
The least I can do for my formula fed baby, is to give warm formula.

Interesting, I don’t actually find my breast milk to be warm. It comes out at room temperature. Not even slightly warm. Am I the only one? Is this uncommon?

amother
Ultramarine

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 7:57 pm
I gave my kids tap water and powder from the day I brought them home from the hospital. I think that when I was in my apartments I actually kept the formula in the bathroom because our sink in the kitchen was fleishigs. (Yes, looking back I cringe).

So we didn’t boil the water or warm the water or even filter the water. NYC, so our tap water is high quality. B”H the kids are all very healthy and intelligent too. Like my friend told me, we’re lucky that we live in an era with such high quality formula.

I did boil the bottles and nipples and pacis when they were newborn, right after coming home from the hospital, to sterilize them.

amother
Pistachio

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 8:02 pm
yamz wrote:
[quote= ]"]

Firstly, I have no issue with anyone giving a child warm bottles, I was just alerting OP to a potential downside.

Secondly, are you serious? The reason breast milk is warm is because humans are mammals! All our bodily fluids, including breast milk, are warm.

Your way of thinking, is leaving hashem out of the equation. Hashem created our bodies a certain way for a reason. The torah even mentions breast milk being warm so it should be better and more calming for the baby.

amother
Magnolia

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 8:51 pm
amother [ Ultramarine ] wrote:
I gave my kids tap water and powder from the day I brought them home from the hospital. I think that when I was in my apartments I actually kept the formula in the bathroom because our sink in the kitchen was fleishigs. (Yes, looking back I cringe).

So we didn’t boil the water or warm the water or even filter the water. NYC, so our tap water is high quality. B”H the kids are all very healthy and intelligent too. Like my friend told me, we’re lucky that we live in an era with such high quality formula.

I did boil the bottles and nipples and pacis when they were newborn, right after coming home from the hospital, to sterilize them.

This sounds exactly like me.
Thanks for being brave enough to post this

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 9:57 pm
yamz wrote:
amother [ Pistachio ] wrote:
They don't "need" a warm bottle per se, but hashem created mothers milk to be warm for a reason.
The least I can do for my formula fed baby, is to give warm formula.

Firstly, I have no issue with anyone giving a child warm bottles, I was just alerting OP to a potential downside.

Secondly, are you serious? The reason breast milk is warm is because humans are mammals! All our bodily fluids, including breast milk, are warm.

And why is a mammal's milk warm? Because that's the way Hashem created it! For a reason!

amother
Currant

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 10:00 pm
There's nothing wrong with using tap water for bottles. However, you should always make sure to flush your pipes, especially first thing in the morning, and only use cold water. This will help to reduce the risk of lead poisoning.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Formula Feeding