Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
S/O What were you like in school…
Previous  1  2

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 4:36 am
I was super nerdy and smart, but had almost no friends and felt so different to everyone, I did well in school but didn’t really have to work hard because I knew everything anyway. I spent most of my time reading loads of books.
Now I feel a lot better about myself and have found myself a great group of friends, I’m not super social but I like how I am. In terms of career, I still haven’t found my ‘calling’ I have lots of abilities and interests so for now I’m a sahm raising my two young kids. Still read a lot though.

amother
Bergamot

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 5:43 am

amother
Grape

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 8:48 am
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
I was a sweet, naive, sheltered good kid. I did what I was expected to. Straight As on my report cards. Good friends. Followed all the rules. Thought people were good.
Now I’m hurt. Very hurt. I’m angry at the world. I’m working on my relationship with Hashem and trying to understand why He made a world where people can be so bad to others.
One good thing that’s different for me is now don’t give a sh** what people think about me. There was a time when I listened to every bit of mussar anyone ever gave me. Now I’m following my own light.

Were you hurt by a specific person? or community?
I'm asking because I get these feeling sometimes when I am hurt but I know deep down it's really because of someone and then I try to work hard to not let the person have power to cause my damage

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 9:29 am
Hyper. Tested everyone all the time. Attention seeker. Was out of school more than in.
Today- Confident, calm, happy. Love learning things at my own pace (it's a fast pace).

amother
Mimosa

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 9:36 am
The classic nerd. Bullied in elementary school with zero friends. Made a great group of friends in high school and I owe them everything. But I was still quiet and shy although I was always creative.
Today I am head of the extracurricular program in a school and the creative director in a overnight camp. I write songs and plays and I public speak. I think I am the most shocked at how I turned out. Funny because my kids are the polar opposite of how I was when I grew up.

amother
Brown

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 9:53 am
Isolated, alone, good child who obeyed.
I'm the same today.

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 1:04 pm
amother [ Jasmine ] wrote:
I was a mischief maker and laughing box, always looking for action and fun.
I was the first one to be sent out of class, so the teacher can continue teaching.
I was happy to make it through the year with low test marks, glad school is over. I just rolled with the punches...

Same, now Im quieter. Some people who know me only post school wouldnt believe what I was!

amother
Fern

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 1:12 pm
I thrived in school. I did great scholastically and socially . I was Part of the in crowd.
I like to think that I’m still smart but I’m quite lonely these days because I don’t really keep up with any of my friends.

amother
Mintcream

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 1:22 pm
I wasn’t the best student and was never part of the popular kids. I didn’t have too many good friends and had pretty low self esteem.

That said, I was always very creative so the extracurricular is what kept me going.

Today I run a very good business in the creative industry, and am probably more successful than all of my classmates (specifically the clique of popular girls that I always wanted to be a part of) I always say the school years is not what will define a persons future, it’s the hard work and perseverance that shape you once you’re out of school.

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 1:26 pm
I was a top student. Loved school, tests, learning and friends. I never once got a detention in all my years.

Now, I'm the coolest teacher in the school. (So I'm told Very Happy) I do absolutely nutty things in school, my girls never know what to expect LOL

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 1:26 pm
Smart, quiet, good girl but slightly passive aggressive towards people and things at school. Did what adults told me to for the most part. Really swallowed myself and personality down to a minimum to follow what I was told I should be.

Now, I married a tough guy. He taught me how to be mean lol. I was such a people pleaser and now I have the concept of boundaries and sense of self. I still am a people pleaser and get along with people very well but I have a better idea of my opinions and thoughts. I can articulate them better. I am not willing to get walked all over by people. I increased my emotional intelligence by 1000x. I love to laugh and joke and schmooze. My personality finally came out of me. Thank you therapy.

Chayalle

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 1:30 pm
I was smart but probably a little nerdy/geeky. Had lots of friends, but more that showed up test time than during vacation. I looked like I had more confidence than I felt. I was a straight A student. Most people who knew me thought I would be a teacher.
I'm pretty similar now, but more settled with myself, happier. And I don't teach, but I do study with my daughters, and I'm a pretty good tutor.

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 8:23 pm
amother [ Grape ] wrote:
Were you hurt by a specific person? or community?
I'm asking because I get these feeling sometimes when I am hurt but I know deep down it's really because of someone and then I try to work hard to not let the person have power to cause my damage

I was hurt by the world. Like I said before, I believed in the goodness of man. At least in the goodness of Jews. I have been exposed in a deep painful way to the reality of bad people, and it’s very hard to reconcile.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics