Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Ami serial by Riva Pomerantz Take 2
  Previous  1  2  3   40  41  42  Next

amother
Blushpink

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 6:44 am
I just read the beginning of this thread from May. It’s funny, we’re still up to the same thing. Miri feeling scared, hurt and confused, Aryeh always running off to his parents home and being secretive.
It always seems like something big is about to happen but it doesn’t…
Anyway I’m enjoying..

rachelli66

Post Sun, Sep 11 2022, 9:33 am
I am wondering when they will find out that Aryeh lost his Chavrussa and isn't really learning at all. That's really gonna blow up when the parents and Miri find this out.

amother
Gardenia

Post Sat, Sep 24 2022, 10:20 pm
What happened this week?

Genius

Post Sat, Sep 24 2022, 10:28 pm
The worst. Miri is apparently in labor in her seventh month. Arya obviously can't be reached.

amother
Nemesia

Post Thu, Sep 29 2022, 7:38 pm
This week was pretty intense. Wonder where the story is going!! Any thoughts?

amother
Aster

Post Thu, Sep 29 2022, 7:48 pm
Well somethings gotta give.
I mean they're having a baby.
He cant keep ducking off and running out no matter whats going on.
Hope it works out for them and he and they together can face his demons or whatever is going on over at his parents. I think (and hope) he's a good guy who somehow got in the middle of his parents and the other kids and took on to protect and intervene in whatever abuse is going on over there.
Plus now Miri's parents know and have had a reality check.
Not sustainable and not healthy anyway.
And when it all comes out Miri can learn and grow from it that it was never about her and that her own self doubts stopped her from confidently being direct with him as to the inappropriateness of it all as she was stuck in self blame.
And they learn and grow and bond and live happily ever after. With their healthy baby. And yes he/they may need some ongoing good therapy to keep it real.

amother
Gardenia

Post Sat, Oct 01 2022, 7:48 pm
Can anyone recap what happened this week?

amother
Oatmeal

Post Sat, Oct 01 2022, 7:55 pm
amother Gardenia wrote:
Can anyone recap what happened this week?

Omg my blood boiled
I just want to slap these stupid characters

He was over at his mother. He promised to come back later to help with her stupid cakes
(figuring out how exactly to avoid Miri and also referencing a "shalom bayis" labeled hidden envelope where he buys treats and flowers for... his mother!)

He leaves mom and turns on his phone to tons of missed calls and messages.
Miri went to hospital w her mom
Emergency C with a 3 month premature boy

shvigger sent him a text that she's so done with him

He comes to hospital and asks "so when can we leave" and the nurse is like um the baby is the size of your palm and where on earth were you

Mom messages him "where are you, you never came back and you better have a good reason"

nachasmom

Post Sat, Oct 01 2022, 8:15 pm
As far as I see it, it will turn out that the mother who is the one with all the problems and the father just couldn't take it anymore. Still Aryeh should be with his wife. He has warped priorities.

amother
Gardenia

Post Sat, Oct 01 2022, 8:22 pm
I find it hard to believe that all this never came out during dating, engagement or with his friends.

amother
Tangerine

Post Sat, Oct 01 2022, 9:45 pm
Pretty extreme but I guess that's what it takes to get people interested.

amother
Seagreen

Post Sat, Oct 01 2022, 9:53 pm
This is very extreme as the situation seems to be very extreme, but the idea of a man not being able to say no to his mother and making his wife his first priority at the expense of his mother is not uncommon.

amother
Anemone

Post Sat, Oct 01 2022, 10:05 pm
amother Gardenia wrote:
I find it hard to believe that all this never came out during dating, engagement or with his friends.

The prologue was his friend warning him not to keep this from his wife and aryeh telling him to back off and not tell anyone. He said he'll be able to handle it...

amother
Aster

Post Sat, Oct 01 2022, 10:27 pm
So his mom is abusive and has BPD or something…pretty uncommon to get sucked in like that once you are married. To that extent that he’s staying out all night etc
Very dysfunctional. He needs intensive therapy.
Poor Miri. And poor her parents.
Every parents nightmare that their kid will marry a hidden nightmare R”L and now poor little baby born into a mess.
B”H Miri has normal supportive healthy parents at least.

imacoolmom

Post Sat, Oct 01 2022, 10:31 pm
amother Gardenia wrote:

Unfortunately you wouldn’t believe what people don’t find out until later on
I’m petrified to let my kids get married

amother
Jetblack

Post Sat, Oct 01 2022, 10:32 pm
I don't understand the attitude both in the story itself and on ima that it's ok what her husband is doing?

Is the bar for husbands set so low that nobody is hearing loud alarm bells that her husband just keeps disappearing on her? Doesn't matter what hes doing.... but the cherry on top is that he's going to his mother?

amother
Aster

Post Sat, Oct 01 2022, 10:34 pm
Nobody thinks it’s ok
Not here and not in the story
Miri was just not telling anyone as she was embarrassed and thought it was her fault

amother
Mayflower

Post Sat, Oct 01 2022, 10:34 pm
amother Aster wrote:
So his mom is abusive and has BPD or something.

I don’t think the mom has BPD, I think she’s just codependent. The dad is abusive and she relies on Aryeh for emotional support. I don’t think she’s inherently manipulative or she wouldn’t have let him start shidduchim. Just needy.

Either way, my heart literally races reading this every week. I’m getting second hand anxiety for Miri. Literally living out my worst fears.

amother
Aster

Post Sat, Oct 01 2022, 10:35 pm
Either way if he wants to stay married and have a chance at a healthy life he’s gotta mix out asap
Relieved miri’s parents now know what’s going on at least so they can help her.

amother
Aster

Post Sat, Oct 01 2022, 10:38 pm
Being needy to this extent that you are ruining your sons life and marriage Chas v shalom is not a “just” thing
The codependent person is probably aryeh
And someone should straighten him out fast because if he thinks anyone can do this to a wife and get away with it the answer is no way no how
Page 2 of 42   Previous  1  2  3   40  41  42  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room