Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Ami serial by Riva Pomerantz Take 2
  Previous  1  2  3 38  39 40  41  42  Next

Ima_Shelli

Post Mon, Jun 12 2023, 9:13 am
amother Sand wrote:
Or she might realize he’s a piece of messed up baggage and that she deserves better than a husband who can leave her like that with just a note, when she did zero wrong, and she will need lots of cajoling and promises to stay in the marriage.

^^^^^^ this.

She is in no way to blame for any of this.

amother
NeonPurple

Post Mon, Jun 12 2023, 9:48 am
But in truth, her husband is doubting that he would've married her if he would've had a choice ( as written in last chapter). So, at this point she is not insecure, she is unwanted and rightfully feeling it.

amother
Sand

Post Mon, Jun 12 2023, 9:49 am
Sounds like now that Arye is thinking only of himself he’s not sure if he likes Miri’s personality as a wife. Maybe he wants a very confident girl to be a power couple with, an outgoing confident type of person to live his life with.

He’s two years and a child too late for such misgivings.
This story can continue in many different directions……I’m curious to see how the author will choose to go.

amother
Arcticblue

Post Mon, Jun 12 2023, 4:53 pm
I'm imagining now will be the "take 2".
Mrs t will get involved. Her heart won't allow her to ignore such a matter. They will revisit each other on better terms and rediscover why they were meant to marry each other.
All parties will eventually go for their own therapy and rediscover themselves both as an individual and as a family.

amother
Arcticblue

Post Mon, Jun 12 2023, 4:57 pm
Thing is, the beginning of the serial was very much relatable to people and sounded like it could have really happened in real life.
Middle and now (towards end) would probably never happen irl.
I wonder if the author did this on purpose and what the idea behind that was.

amother
Sand

Post Mon, Jun 12 2023, 7:36 pm
amother Arcticblue wrote:
Mrs t will get involved. Her heart won't allow her to ignore such a matter. They will revisit each other on better terms and rediscover why they were meant to marry each other.
All parties will eventually go for their own therapy and rediscover themselves both as an individual and as a family.

Or:
Miri’s parents will convince her to dump him and move on with her life, they will separate and Arye’s mother will tell the whole universe that Miri is a unhealthy person and everyone will side with Arye and his family who had a catch of a son that unfortunately fell in with a sick girl.
Miri’s family will try to explain to relevant parties their take, take 2, of the situation.
A few nice people will say that Miri is perfectly healthy but it all happened because of her parents who meddled. Miri’s sisters will have an extra hard time in shidduchim because of the meddling parents.
Arye will get remarried to an older capable and confident single girl and live happily ever after and be a great husband with his newfound identity and fixing all the mistakes that he made during his marriage to Miri. Miri will raise her child by herself with visitations from Arye every other weekend and try to date middle aged men , maybe she’ll marry a widower with a few kids ten years later.

This probably won’t happen because in frum novels there’s usually a happy ending but it could have happened in real life.

amother
Tulip

Post Mon, Jun 12 2023, 10:38 pm
amother Sand wrote:
Or:
Miri’s parents will convince her to dump him and move on with her life, they will separate and Arye’s mother will tell the whole universe that Miri is a unhealthy person and everyone will side with Arye and his family who had a catch of a son that unfortunately fell in with a sick girl.
Miri’s family will try to explain to relevant parties their take, take 2, of the situation.
A few nice people will say that Miri is perfectly healthy but it all happened because of her parents who meddled. Miri’s sisters will have an extra hard time in shidduchim because of the meddling parents.
Arye will get remarried to an older capable and confident single girl and live happily ever after and be a great husband with his newfound identity and fixing all the mistakes that he made during his marriage to Miri. Miri will raise her child by herself with visitations from Arye every other weekend and try to date middle aged men , maybe she’ll marry a widower with a few kids ten years later.

This probably won’t happen because in frum novels there’s usually a happy ending but it could have happened in real life.

Why is Aryeh winning in this fake ending??

amother
Sand

Post Tue, Jun 13 2023, 7:33 pm
amother Tulip wrote:

I don’t know it makes zero sense.

amother
Watermelon

Post Tue, Jun 13 2023, 7:50 pm
amother Tulip wrote:

Because in real life, that's generally what happens.

Good girls get screwed and bad guys "win" because there's always another desperate single ready to take him.

amother
Honey

Post Fri, Jun 16 2023, 1:42 am
Any update, please?

amother
Arcticblue

Post Fri, Jun 16 2023, 11:08 am

Double post

amother
Arcticblue

Post Fri, Jun 16 2023, 11:09 am

So far, I got quite a good score in my imagination 😃

goldfish1

Post Sun, Jun 18 2023, 7:05 am
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the author is portraying Aryeh to be dysfunctional or a bad husband.
This really disturbs me. She's portraying Miri as the needy one, and Aryeh's parents (now only mother?) as the villains but it rubs me the wrong way that it's perfectly normal that Aryeh treats his wife like a piece of dirt the whole time and then when he suddenly "discovers himself" he just picks up and leaves without telling her where he's gone... and that non of that is addressed or seen as dysfunctional behaviour.

amother
Mayflower

Post Sun, Jun 18 2023, 7:10 am
goldfish1 wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the author is portraying Aryeh to be dysfunctional or a bad husband.
This really disturbs me. She's portraying Miri as the needy one, and Aryeh's parents (now only mother?) as the villains but it rubs me the wrong way that it's perfectly normal that Aryeh treats his wife like a piece of dirt the whole time and then when he suddenly "discovers himself" he just picks up and leaves without telling her where he's gone... and that non of that is addressed or seen as dysfunctional behaviour.

Yeah I really wanted the therapist to be like "What do you mean you ran out on your wife and baby?? That's not what I told you to do!"

Honestly at this point I feel like the therapist is the problem. He has a baby and if he stays married iyh he'll have more. You can't just tell him to place a morning jog above all else. That's entitlement.

amother
Tulip

Post Sun, Jun 18 2023, 9:08 am
Didn’t get it this week, what happened?
Once again therapist tells Aryeh he needs to stop putting everyone else first? 🙄

amother
Gardenia

Post Sun, Jun 18 2023, 9:45 am
Spoiler alert
- I was very disturbed at the way things ended this week. Miri apologized and told Aryeh he’s the best thing that’s ever happened to her. Wrong on so many levels.

birdie1

Post Sun, Jun 18 2023, 9:47 am
amother Gardenia wrote:
Spoiler alert
- I was very disturbed at the way things ended this week. Miri apologized and told Aryeh he’s the best thing that’s ever happened to her. Wrong on so many levels.

He should be getting on all four and ask her for forgiveness. This is how next week's installment should be starting.

amother
Honey

Post Sun, Jun 18 2023, 11:41 am
amother Tulip wrote:
Didn’t get it this week, what happened?
Once again therapist tells Aryeh he needs to stop putting everyone else first? 🙄

Yup.
And that's besides the point that usually it would take quite a few therapy sessions, not one, to work on such issues. Meanwhile he didn't touch upon leaving the house or coming back!

amother
Honey

Post Sun, Jun 18 2023, 11:42 am
amother Gardenia wrote:
Spoiler alert

That ending was terrible!

amother
Puce

Post Sun, Jun 18 2023, 11:47 am
I'll be the dissenting voice here. Aryeh is healing from terrible trauma, he could probably be diagnosed with c-ptsd. You know the oxygen mask mashal everyone uses to tell mothers to do self care? Yeah. Same thing here. He needs to learn how to be a person again. No one said healing was pretty.

No it's not an ideal way to do it with his wife, kid etc but guess what that's healing too! People healing from trauma are, guess what, pretty darn imperfect and that does play out in ways very similar to this. They need to be selfish in order to heal. They physically can't go on with regular life with their insides all tzumisht. I'm not saying everyone will do this, but it's very normal, and makes sense, to have to neglect other responsibilities - hopefully temporarily - in order to heal.

I'm saying this as someone who had to heal from trauma, and married to someone who is currently healing from trauma. Shout all you want about how he shouldn't abandon his wife and how the therapist shouldn't be telling him these things, but this part of the serial is very true to my experience.
Page 39 of 42   Previous  1  2  3 38  39 40  41  42  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room