Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Tips for new moms and moms to be
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

octopus

Post Thu, Aug 21 2008, 10:22 am
I cut my baby's nails while nursing. I have a boppy pillow. I put my leg (indian style) under the boppy. While baby is nursing, both of my hands are free (my legs are propping up the pillow) I cut one side while baby nurses on one side. I cut the other while baby nurses on opposite side. I never like risking waking a sleeping baby. This way works for me.

Atali

Post Thu, Aug 21 2008, 10:37 am
Am I the only one who doesn't swaddle? I tried it with my first two kids, who didn't seem to like it. So this time I didn't do it at all. B"H my baby sleep for long stretches and likes the totally spread out position, arms up near the head.

octopus

Post Thu, Aug 21 2008, 10:39 am
I don't swaddle. I don't know how to make the swaddle really tight.

My son was born with his hands next to his cheek. He always (even now!) goes to sleep with his hand by his cheek. Dd does the same; she thinks she is nursing when she does that.

yo'ma

Post Mon, Sep 08 2008, 7:58 am
To quote Tamiri, (she was talking about Gamzu)
Tamiri wrote:
Beautiful, lucky boys - and lucky mommy! I wish I had been less uptight about things...

Don't be too uptight about things your children do. One day, you'll smile about it. Very Happy

someoneoutthere

Post Mon, Sep 08 2008, 5:46 pm
blow gently on the baby's face as you give them medicine- it makes them swallow

mummiedearest

Post Mon, Sep 08 2008, 7:03 pm
if bottle feeding, don't get any more bottles than you will use in one day. better to wash them every day, rather than have a whole collection of bottles to wash.

those were all from one kid...

amother

Post Mon, Sep 08 2008, 7:19 pm
make sure to go accoring to your babies schedule and put them to sleep BEFPRE they get too tired. and to put them to bed every night at a normal hour because if you take them out all the time, they wont he happy, wont sleep well etc...

greentiger

Post Tue, Sep 09 2008, 9:42 am
And rinse the bottle as soon as possible after a feeding so it doesn't rot inside and become impossible to clean.

(I used to babysit for this kid and I always tried to send his bottle home clean since it would probably just sit overnight in the diaper bag if not - the morning babysitter wasn't so considerate...)

Imawoman

Post Tue, Sep 09 2008, 3:09 pm
These tips are great! Thanks Smile

greenfire

Post Tue, Sep 09 2008, 3:17 pm
I wonder for those of you who give medicine in the bathtub ... do you feed your kids there too ... I mean food also is messy ... or is this to keep them calm or something ...

the 1 tip that comes to mind is to have a vomit bag nearby and ready to use if you are pregnant while changing another kids diaper ... Puke

mummiedearest

Post Tue, Sep 09 2008, 3:39 pm
keep the produce bags from the grocery store. use them to wrap especially poopy diapers before disposing.

buy paper towels by the case.

if you plan to use formula, sign up on all the formula companies' websites to receive coupons in the mail. you'll get checks towards the formula monthly. get your friends to do the same and exchange checks (ex: you use similac, a friend uses enfamil, both sign up for both and each gets double the coupons.)

keep a coupon file handy and get free subscriptions to american baby, etc. you'll find useful coupons there.

yo'ma

Post Wed, Sep 10 2008, 4:06 pm
greentiger wrote:
And rinse the bottle as soon as possible after a feeding so it doesn't rot inside and become impossible to clean.

(I used to babysit for this kid and I always tried to send his bottle home clean since it would probably just sit overnight in the diaper bag if not - the morning babysitter wasn't so considerate...)

Someone babysat my baby today by someone else's house (they usually watch him by me) and I saw they washed the bottle and I thought of you, what you said. I still didn't go through the bag Rolling Eyes .

greentiger

Post Thu, Sep 11 2008, 4:14 am
yo'ma wrote:

Someone babysat my baby today by someone else's house (they usually watch him by me) and I saw they washed the bottle and I thought of you, what you said. I still didn't go through the bag Rolling Eyes .

Maybe it was someone who read this Wink

chaylizi

Post Thu, Sep 11 2008, 4:39 am
all this good advice! anyone have any advice on lack of maternal sleep & how to get more?

greentiger

Post Thu, Sep 11 2008, 5:17 am
helevai! I would love to hear that one...

chaylizi

Post Thu, Sep 11 2008, 5:29 am
well if someone comes up with something quickly, I've been up since 3 am. (not only that but both my kids are sleeping and I still have several weeks until my due date. but I have insomnia & an urge to get dressed & go clean the garage. go figure)

anonymom

Post Thu, Sep 11 2008, 6:51 am
mummy-bh wrote:
I give my (locked) cell phone to my babies during changing time. Sometimes I get a clothespeg and clip in on their sleeve or top - they love that!

my cellphone was permanently damaged from baby putting it in his mouth.

anonymom

Post Thu, Sep 11 2008, 6:59 am
NotInNJMommy wrote:
When the baby gets its first stuffy nose, holding a tissue up to him/her and cooing "blow" will not work. Also, the little nostrils are just to small to get your tissue covered finger into.

That's what that blue sucky blub thing is for...

My experience around 2am, sometime about 3 yrs ago...

Even better, in the drug store you can buy a bottle of saline nose drops. One is called "Little Noses." You spray it in their nostils, and it loosens everything and it all comes out.

chaylizi

Post Thu, Sep 11 2008, 10:22 am
anonymom wrote:
mummy-bh wrote:
I give my (locked) cell phone to my babies during changing time. Sometimes I get a clothespeg and clip in on their sleeve or top - they love that!

my cellphone was permanently damaged from baby putting it in his mouth.

I keep an old cellphone charged (b/c dd won't touch it, if it doesn't light up & make noise) & dd plays with it. that way I don't have to worry about damage.

coconutbutter

Post Mon, Nov 09 2015, 3:06 am
Bump
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics