Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
I'm obsessed!!! (Binah Magazine)
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

dora

Post Wed, Jun 11 2008, 5:44 pm
We get Mishpacha so more family members can enjoy the paper, getting both is too expensive. Before a yom tov I get Binah for the extra recipes, but I love the Mishpacha recipes.

bigdeal

Post Wed, Jun 11 2008, 7:59 pm
I think the binah is a simple , easy -to- read, light magazine with tempting pictures and uncomplicated reading. The Mishpacha requires brain power and seems to be a bit more controversial. So, On Friday nights when I'm half asleep or just need to wind down ..... I read the Binah. When I'm fully charged, I go for the Mishpacha..

chayitty

Post Wed, Jun 11 2008, 8:08 pm
I read them both...but like tog...like I right away read the cont. stories from each mag. then I usally cont. on with the binah..like the humore sect...then ill read the short story in the mishpacha..(wow I didnt realize I have this whole process but it looks like I do)....I like them both alot execpt for the things I dont like so much about them Wink

flowerpower

Post Wed, Jun 11 2008, 9:04 pm
I find the Binah very elementary. There are a lot of simple essay writings. Some weeks it can be very interesting and informative and other weeks very little to read. The mishapacha is much more intellectual but besides for the A. M. Amits story I find very little that interests me.

Last edited by flowerpower on Wed, Jun 11 2008, 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

HAPPYMOMMY

Post Wed, Jun 11 2008, 10:18 pm
I find Binah to be very informative in a simple and straightforward manner. Mishpacha has too much politics for my Shabbos reading, but their other articles are great.

ILOVELIFE

Post Sun, Jun 29 2008, 1:16 pm
And I like Binah's taam. It just suits my taste much more than Mishpacha (though cuz I"m a read-aholic I buy Mishpacha too) The Mishpacha used to be much more interesting but now it's a bit boring for my taste. The family first is good-- much better than the Mishpacha itself which is a lazy translation of the Hebrew version.

Crayon210

Post Sun, Jun 29 2008, 6:09 pm
I found the therapy article in last week's Binah (got to it yesterday) to be extremely bizarre. Did anyone else? (Talking about the article with the girl whose mother had a baby.)

flowerpower

Post Sun, Jun 29 2008, 9:18 pm
We spoke about it here, forget which forum. It's not like that usually.

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Jun 29 2008, 9:35 pm
it was discussed in the topic that I asked crayon to lock Very Happy about sending kids away in kimpet. I said there that I think the child's regression had more to do with the way she was handled during and after the kimpet, not the fact that she stayed with her loving grandparents. her mother kind of frowned, ignored her, and sighed when she needed anything... not hte right way to deal with the odler child postpartum.

flowerpower

Post Sun, Jun 29 2008, 9:38 pm
Fyi-I have a kid now that the mother had a baby. He is my ds age and they are living it up. He is in seventh heaven and gets treated like a king.

Last edited by flowerpower on Sun, Jun 29 2008, 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Beauty and the Beast

Post Sun, Jun 29 2008, 10:48 pm
I like the Binah, but do not enjoy the humor colums at all. Once in a while they have someone write something good, otherwise they are not enjoyable at all.

ILOVELIFE

Post Mon, Jun 30 2008, 7:49 am
Crayon210 wrote:
I found the therapy article in last week's Binah (got to it yesterday) to be extremely bizarre. Did anyone else? (Talking about the article with the girl whose mother had a baby.)

didn't find it strange. Cried through it. It can happen much too often

Crayon210

Post Mon, Jun 30 2008, 10:23 am
You really think so?

That article totally imposed adult thoughts and feelings ("Did my mommy die?") onto a BABY. Then it sang the praises of therapy as if this girl was an adult going through therapy, with all those emotions and reactions. Baby, people, she was a baby.

ClaRivka

Post Mon, Jun 30 2008, 12:56 pm
Beauty and the Beast wrote:
I like the Binah, but do not enjoy the humor colums at all. Once in a while they have someone write something good, otherwise they are not enjoyable at all.

yea, they need help.

Aidelmom

Post Mon, Jun 30 2008, 2:31 pm
hey babies are people too. They have feelings even if they cant express them. Although it is true, how could she know for certain what the little girl thought. I think its her educated guess.

Laughing Bag!

Post Mon, Jun 30 2008, 4:22 pm
since I bought the BINAH once I never stopped then I subscribbed I'm litterally addicted to the BINAH at one point my DH was making fun that hes cancelling the subscribtion bc the world goes dead when I get it !!!!!

Crayon210

Post Mon, Jun 30 2008, 6:03 pm
Aidelmom wrote:
hey babies are people too. They have feelings even if they cant express them. Although it is true, how could she know for certain what the little girl thought. I think its her educated guess.

Babies don't feel, "Did my mommy die?"

If it was an educated guess, that's scary for the field of therapy. shock

Maya

Post Mon, Jun 30 2008, 6:06 pm
Crayon210 wrote:
You really think so?

That article totally imposed adult thoughts and feelings ("Did my mommy die?") onto a BABY. Then it sang the praises of therapy as if this girl was an adult going through therapy, with all those emotions and reactions. Baby, people, she was a baby.

I didn't read it, but heard most of it. I also found it extremely strange and exaggerated.

Aidelmom

Post Tue, Jul 01 2008, 4:30 am
How can you know what babys do or don't feel?

ShirleyTemple

Post Tue, Jul 01 2008, 11:06 am
Have you seen the new price... $4.00?? Woow.. That's a lot of money to buy it on a weekly basis... Luckily, My mom buys it, skims through it, and then I could get it. So, I'm always a week behind, but Who Cares. I just LUV it...

I just read last weeks After Thoughts (I think it's called, the last poem on the inside cover), titled Waiting. Oh! that hit home!!
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics