Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Spin off -What are you doing today in Israel?
Previous  1  2

LovesHashem

Post Sun, Apr 09 2023, 12:14 pm
amother Charcoal wrote:
I'm all for beating the crowds, but how do you leave at 6-7 am if you want to go with DH who first has to go to 1.25 hour chol hamoed davening?

Neitz minyan that doesn't shlep.

Elfrida

Post Sun, Apr 09 2023, 12:22 pm
It was too hot to enjoy being out this afternoon. Went to Birkat Kohanim this morning, which is still a pleasure after the years of lockdown when access to the Kotel was so limited.

Invited friends for lunch, and had a quiet afternoon with new books and new toys, and
a pool on the mirpesset for those who wanted. .

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Apr 09 2023, 2:34 pm
Ideas for tomorrow? Its supposed to rain the whole afternoon. We have a large range of ages and won't get out too early.

sub

Post Sun, Apr 09 2023, 2:39 pm
Rappel wrote:
Ammunition Hill - once they've seen the museum and video explanation, then the kids can climb through the old trenches and act it out

Ty for the advice. Went there today. On the way back went to kosel and took an old city tour.

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Apr 09 2023, 3:01 pm
LovesHashem wrote:
Neitz minyan that doesn't shlep.

Netz is at 6:30 these days. DH doesn’t come home until 7:30/7:45 and then he needs to eat breakfast. There’s no way to get out before 8. Even then 15 minutes to eat, use the bathroom and clean up from breakfast is not really enough time.

Iymnok

Post Sun, Apr 09 2023, 3:12 pm
Tomorrow we’re going to the science museum in Jerusalem. Apparently my kids need something in the evening after we get home. I will need to rest since I’m in my 9th month.

Elfrida

Post Sun, Apr 09 2023, 3:48 pm
amother Blonde wrote:
Netz is at 6:30 these days. DH doesn’t come home until 7:30/7:45 and then he needs to eat breakfast. There’s no way to get out before 8. Even then 15 minutes to eat, use the bathroom and clean up from breakfast is not really enough time.

Neitz tomorrow is 6:18. Some minyanim will get through finishing Shacharit, Hallel, leining and Musaf and be done soon after 7:00. Others will take longer. It depends on the shul. Either way, if you really want to get off early, you can meet him out of shul and he can eat breakfast in the car. Everyone has to decide how they want to organise the day.

amother
Pear

Post Mon, Apr 10 2023, 1:58 am
Any ideas for today? I’m in Benai Brak area.

amother
Aster

Post Mon, Apr 10 2023, 2:08 am
amother Pear wrote:

If you're in the Mercaz, I recommend Raanana Park. I didn't recommend to OP because she wanted closer to Jerusalem.

Reality

Post Mon, Apr 10 2023, 2:16 am
It's so hard to believe it's going to pour. I really wanted to go hiking again with my family today but worried about the forecast....

amother
Jean

Post Mon, Apr 10 2023, 2:24 am
My weather app says no rain for jlem today. Pushed off til tomorrow

amother
Aster

Post Mon, Apr 10 2023, 2:33 am
amother Pear wrote:

Park HaYarkon (Tel Aviv) is great if you have bigger kids who can do a LOT of walking without complaining.

If you have little kids, I'd stick to the playgrounds (very nice ones!) right by the Tel Aviv port. I probably wouldn't try to go to the port on Chol HaMoed though unless you can get there early, because it's probably super packed.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Apr 10 2023, 2:57 am
amother Jean wrote:
My weather app says no rain for jlem today. Pushed off til tomorrow

Mine is showing 83% chance of rain today.

Has anyone been to lunada in Beer Sheva?

amother
Aster

Post Mon, Apr 10 2023, 3:38 am
amother Chartreuse wrote:
Mine is showing 83% chance of rain today.

Has anyone been to lunada in Beer Sheva?

I was really tempted to go to Lunada, but decided the drive was too long. Also interested in hearing reviews though. Worth a long drive with little kids?

Elfrida

Post Mon, Apr 10 2023, 3:52 am
It seems like the activity of choice today is watching the weather forecast!

Reality

Post Mon, Apr 10 2023, 3:57 am
Elfrida wrote:
It seems like the activity of choice today is watching the weather forecast!

Yup! I'm leaning towards doing the archeological sifting at Ir Dovid instead of a hike. Those are in tents so it doesn't matter if it rains, I think.

amother
Pear

Post Mon, Apr 10 2023, 4:14 am
amother Aster wrote:
Park HaYarkon (Tel Aviv) is great if you have bigger kids who can do a LOT of walking without complaining.

If you have little kids, I'd stick to the playgrounds (very nice ones!) right by the Tel Aviv port. I probably wouldn't try to go to the port on Chol HaMoed though unless you can get there early, because it's probably super packed.

That’s. We’ve to both just about every single chol hamoed… looking for new ideas.

Plus the rain.

sub

Post Mon, Apr 10 2023, 8:55 am
Went glassblowing on derech beit lechem. Made items out of glass. Not for the little ones. But you need to make appointments.

Elfrida

Post Mon, Apr 10 2023, 9:05 am
Nebi Samuel/Kever Shmuel haNavi.

History, makom kodesh, wonderful views, nature, donkeys, camels, picnic spots and water. And a short journey. Made a great afternoon.

LovesHashem

Post Mon, Apr 10 2023, 9:46 am
sub wrote:
Went glassblowing on derech beit lechem. Made items out of glass. Not for the little ones. But you need to make appointments.

Please pm me the info!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics