Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Did you See the ads? cross body bags are not tzniusdig!
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

Crookshanks

Post Sun, Apr 09 2023, 7:33 pm
It's kinda weird that family first printed the ad. I expected better from them. I figured this would be in one of those free rags like the Monsey Mash Up.

amother
Firethorn

Post Sun, Apr 09 2023, 7:34 pm
amother Chestnut wrote:
Are you really comparing a pregnant belly to a man's p-nis?
To a certain extend it is the same. Both are disgusting if seen in public.
(Obviously, I'm Not referring to pregnant bellies dressed in appropriate maternity clothes)

amother
Arcticblue

Post Sun, Apr 09 2023, 7:37 pm
amother Mayflower wrote:
Sorry, I don't see the difference between a clearly protruding navel seen clearly through clothing, and a man's aiver form seen clearly through clothing. Both are equally inappropriate and both shouldn't be wearing such tight clothing that the exact forms are seen. Regardless of the body part. No, we don't have to hide our stomach or breasts, but it doesn't mean it's ok to show the exact shape and form of everything.

Protruding navel would be equivalent to a man's outlined chest.
Some pregnant navels protrude through thick, loose fitting tops.

amother
Mayflower

Post Sun, Apr 09 2023, 7:39 pm
amother Arcticblue wrote:
Protruding navel would be equivalent to a man's outlined chest.
Some pregnant navels protrude through thick, loose fitting tops.

I have only seen the forms of navels of women that were wearing very tight clothing that showed the exact shape and form of their stomach and navel.

amother
Chestnut

Post Sun, Apr 09 2023, 7:40 pm
amother Firethorn wrote:
To a certain extend it is the same. Both are disgusting if seen in public.
(Obviously, I'm Not referring to pregnant bellies dressed in appropriate maternity clothes)

To me, it is very different to see the exact form of a man's p-nis versus a woman's pregnant belly, including a "protruding navel".

But again this discussion is pointless, it doesn't matter what anyone thinks about anyone else's manner of clothing. The preaching needs to stop.

amother
Arcticblue

Post Sun, Apr 09 2023, 7:41 pm
amother Mayflower wrote:
I have only seen the forms of navels of women that were wearing very tight clothing that showed the exact shape and form of their stomach and navel.

I've seen it through very loose fitting tops and with a bandaid over it underneath.

amother
Firethorn

Post Sun, Apr 09 2023, 7:43 pm
I've seen it through very loose fitting tops and with a bandaid over it underneath.
interesting. That's the exception.

amother
Poppy

Post Sun, Apr 09 2023, 7:44 pm
amother Chestnut wrote:
To me, it is very different to see the exact form of a man's p-nis versus a woman's pregnant belly, including a "protruding navel".

But again this discussion is pointless, it doesn't matter what anyone thinks about anyone else's manner of clothing. The preaching needs to stop.

Of course it’s different. You can walk around with your baby bump exposed anywhere without getting arrested.

What a perverted comparison.

amother
Arcticblue

Post Sun, Apr 09 2023, 7:45 pm
amother Firethorn wrote:
interesting. That's the exception.

Or not. I tend not to look for it. Neither should anyone else. Very different than tight pants.

amother
Poppy

Post Sun, Apr 09 2023, 7:46 pm
Tight pants with bulges are pretty common.

amother
Chestnut

Post Sun, Apr 09 2023, 7:48 pm
amother Poppy wrote:
Of course it’s different. You can walk around with your baby bump exposed anywhere without getting arrested.

yup, it's sad. This is what happens when tznius gets so distorted. Suddenly were calling body parts disgusting and policing exactly how women need to wear every inch of clothing. How very tznius to always look at other people's bodies and watch for the slightest imagined infraction. And then call it disgusting.

Miri1

Post Sun, Apr 09 2023, 8:05 pm
Whether cross body bags are or aren’t a problem, I can’t understand why someone who’s concerned with tzniyus would want to advertise this in a magazine.

Don’t they realize that any man who sees this ad is now on alert to check out these cross body bags??!!
So the ad itself just created a tzniyus problem Mad

ShishKabob

Post Sun, Apr 09 2023, 8:07 pm
Miri1 wrote:
Whether cross body bags are or aren’t a problem, I can’t understand why someone who’s concerned with tzniyus would want to advertise this in a magazine.

Don’t they realize that any man who sees this ad is now on alert to check out these cross body bags??!!
this

amother
Papayawhip

Post Sun, Apr 09 2023, 8:19 pm
Miri1 wrote:

I was actually thinking that...
don't want my teen sons reading that ad!!
I do use cross body bags, but I wear it to the front, I feel more comfortable that way....
(my cousin told me that her Rebetzin told her that men had asked her to speak in her shiurim to women about cross body bags as it draws their attention to the chest area.....so it makes sense that it's something to try to be sensitive about, just like we would be sensitive about walking around in a tight shell...but I wouldn't put this in an ad to the general public, men included!)

amother
Mayflower

Post Sun, Apr 09 2023, 8:22 pm
amother Poppy wrote:

As jews, we don't base our tzenuis guidelines on the law. A woman can also walk around in a bikini and not get arrested, does that make it OK for us to actually walk around like that? Because we won't get arrested for it after all, so what could possibly be wrong???

amother
Cherry

Post Sun, Apr 09 2023, 8:35 pm
amother Mayflower wrote:
As jews, we don't base our tzenuis guidelines on the law. A woman can also walk around in a bikini and not get arrested, does that make it OK for us to actually walk around like that? Because we won't get arrested for it after all, so what could possibly be wrong???

Oh come on. She wasnt suggesting to base tznius guidelines on the law. She was simply pointing out the differnce between s-xual body parts and other body parts.

Wearing tight clothing when you're pregnant is a sensitivity. I happen to agree that having your tummy fully outlined right down the circle of your naval is inappropriate, but that's my sensitivity. If you want to make a comparison to the male, then comparing it to a pot belly plotzing out of these slim fitted shirts is a good fit. Comparing a tummy to a s-xual organ just doesnt make sense. Compare apples to apples - tummy to tummy and s-xual part to s-xual parts.

FYI - all of womens body parts are not s-xual.

amother
Jean

Post Sun, Apr 09 2023, 8:37 pm
amother Mayflower wrote:

I agree that the look of a crossbody bag is often unrefined in accentuating breasts.

I also agree that sensitivity is needed when purchasing maternity clothes to avoid tightness.

But my belly button is visible when pregnant even when wearing tights, a shell, and a very loose dress over it. Or a maternity skirt and a thin maternity not tight top. It's just how it is. I need to put a tissue folded in four into my tights in order to hide the protrusion effectively. I do it when I get dressed to go out, but if I'm just casually home or on the street in front of my house, you will see my belly button. Tongue Out

amother
Mayflower

Post Sun, Apr 09 2023, 8:41 pm
amother Cherry wrote:
Oh come on. She wasnt suggesting to base tznius guidelines on the law. She was simply pointing out the differnce between s-xual body parts and other body parts.

Wearing tight clothing when you're pregnant is a sensitivity. I happen to agree that having your tummy fully outlined right down the circle of your naval is inappropriate, but that's my sensitivity. If you want to make a comparison to the male, then comparing it to a pot belly plotzing out of these slim fitted shirts is a good fit. Comparing a tummy to a s-xual organ just doesnt make sense. Compare apples to apples - tummy to tummy and s-xual part to s-xual parts.

FYI - all of womens body parts are not s-xual.

A women's stomach is ervah. So halachically, it doesn't have much of a different stance than a male's part.
Women's body parts that are erva, cannot be compared to the same body parts that are not erva for men.

amother
Arcticblue

Post Sun, Apr 09 2023, 8:43 pm
amother Mayflower wrote:
A women's stomach is ervah. So halachically, it doesn't have much of a different stance than a male's part.
Women's body parts that are erva, cannot be compared to the same body parts that are not erva for men.

A clothed stomach isn't ervah.

amother
Mayflower

Post Sun, Apr 09 2023, 8:48 pm
A clothed stomach isn't ervah.

A stomach, or any body part, that is clothed in skin tight clothing, is erva. Tzenuis doesn't just mean wearing clothing. It means concealing certain shapes as well.
Page 4 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics