Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Looking to move to Monsey
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
Teal

Post Sat, Apr 29 2023, 10:04 pm
amother Papayawhip wrote:
I love Monsey! Been here for almost 2 decades. But I Hate what it has become - multi family all over. People don’t clean up trash’s. Main monsey is an embarrassment. And the “outskirts” in Wesley Hills and Pomona…multi family is starting. it’s starting. PLEASE - stay in Brooklyn. Don’t move.

Starting? Wesley Hills, Pomona, Haverstraw is BUSTLING. I have a brother in Wesley Hills, he lives right near a beautiful shul the neighborhood built years ago already and practically the whole block is frum. I live in Haverstraw, multiple times a month we're welcoming in new neighbors. Evergreen Uptown is right here, Uptown Pharmacy is right next door, there's an urgent care 2 min over, pediatrics and dentists and jewelry store and cleaners, ShopRite is 4 min away with tons of parking, I barely ever have to go to main Monsey. It's amazing here. Yeah, my kids are little so I don't know much abt busing yet, but there are lots of families with school aged kids here and they're all managing.

amother
Papayawhip

Post Sat, Apr 29 2023, 10:09 pm
The “starting” I meant is the multi family and the I don’t care about the garbage strewn all I’ve met lawn that gets blown into yours. Was never like this here

amother
Mauve

Post Sat, Apr 29 2023, 10:16 pm
I’m surprised at the negativity here. A few of my close ones moved to Monsey/neighborhood in the last 5 years. They’re all really liking it.

amother
Silver

Post Sat, Apr 29 2023, 10:43 pm
The “starting” I meant is the multi family and the I don’t care about the garbage strewn all I’ve met lawn that gets blown into yours. Was never like this here

Yes I just can't understand these people who neglect their property. I mean if you moved away from the city why would you want to bring along the mess and filth that you left behind!? Can't Believe It

amother
Navyblue

Post Sat, Apr 29 2023, 11:07 pm
amother Mauve wrote:
I’m surprised at the negativity here. A few of my close ones moved to Monsey/neighborhood in the last 5 years. They’re all really liking it.

I also like it. But this doesn't mean that there are no downsides, and for certain people, this may be a deal breaker.
Though it is very hard for us that we can't move out of area, our children will lose their school transportation. And taking taxi everywhere, gets to me every once in a while.... it's not a bed of roses, but I still like it.

amother
Navyblue

Post Sat, Apr 29 2023, 11:09 pm

Multi families houses in Wesley/Pomona? That's not legal to build afaik. There are no multi family buildings in the area like there are in Main Monsey. So many areas look like Brooklyn already, without a drop of grass, no lawns or backyards, and no where for the kids to play.

ShishKabob

Post Sat, Apr 29 2023, 11:14 pm
Even with all the cons, it still appeals to people from the city. The air is cleaner, there is parking in general , the apartments are larger etc...

amother
Navyblue

Post Sat, Apr 29 2023, 11:18 pm
ShishKabob wrote:
Even with all the cons, it still appeals to people from the city. The air is cleaner, there is parking in general , the apartments are larger etc...

Many multi family buildings do not have a parking spot for everyone. And the new apartments being built now are tiny. If someone wants big, you got to get an old house or build yourself. The new houses & apartments being built now are quite small & not very spacious. The houses are getting smaller while the prices are going up.....

amother
Peru

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 12:14 am
were thinking of moving to monsey.
does anyone know if there are any sefardi shuls or communities there?
were not bucharian I heard of one bucharian minyan.

amother
Hunter

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 12:17 am
I love Monsey! Been here for almost 2 decades. But I Hate what it has become - multi family all over. People don’t clean up trash’s. Main monsey is an embarrassment. And the “outskirts” in Wesley Hills and Pomona…multi family is starting. it’s starting. PLEASE - stay in Brooklyn. Don’t move.

So you were allowed to move to monsey almost 2 decades ago and the rest should stay in Brooklyn? Maybe you should move to Brooklyn and make place for those who want to move to monsey?

amother
Snapdragon

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 1:52 am
amother Navyblue wrote:
Multi families houses in Wesley/Pomona? That's not legal to build afaik. There are no multi family buildings in the area like there are in Main Monsey. So many areas look like Brooklyn already, without a drop of grass, no lawns or backyards, and no where for the kids to play.

Did you read the mevaser?
They are planning on making housing for 136 families right next to mariner. I hope it doesn’t get approved

amother
Snapdragon

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 1:53 am
amother Peru wrote:

There is a sefardi yeshiva run by r Hakakian and some sfardi shuls

amother
Broom

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 8:08 am
amother Snapdragon wrote:
They are planning on making housing for 136 families right next to mariner. I hope it doesn’t get approved

And over 150 apartments across the fire station on saddle River corner grove street. Will be insane

ShishKabob

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 8:25 am
amother Broom wrote:
And over 150 apartments across the fire station on saddle River corner grove street. Will be insane
wow! Sounds unreal! I had no clue! By the nunnery?

amother
Broom

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 8:34 am
ShishKabob wrote:
wow! Sounds unreal! I had no clue! By the nunnery?

Yup

amother
Nemesia

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 8:47 am
amother Peru wrote:

There are definitely Sfardi Shuls, though I don’t know the names. Yeshiva Degel Hatorah has quite a few Sefardi boys.

amother
Nemesia

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 8:52 am
amother Broom wrote:

Are they going to make room for 150 parking spots too? Sounds crazy.

amother
Peru

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 9:04 am
There is a sefardi yeshiva run by r Hakakian and some sfardi shuls

Thanks! I spoke to someone that davens there and she told me the area that its in is mostly for families with no rentals though

Do you know the names of the other sefardi shuls? Or any israeli frum communties there?

amother
Navyblue

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 9:05 am

Mariner& the Monastery is Monsey zoning. It's different zoning laws. Kiryas Radin development is closer to Wesley than Brick Church is. So far there are no multi families is Wesley proper.

amother
Snapdragon

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 9:38 am
amother Peru wrote:
Thanks! I spoke to someone that davens there and she told me the area that its in is mostly for families with no rentals though

Do you know the names of the other sefardi shuls? Or any israeli frum communties there?

A lot of areas have rentals but usually it’s a basement. Ik there is a sfardi shul in Wesley.
Page 6 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating