Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
RBS
Previous  1  2

amother
Mayflower

Post Thu, Aug 10 2023, 7:56 am
amother Orchid wrote:
Ask questions about high schools and I will try to help you. I have 3 teenage girls Smile

fyi, Mishkafayim *might* look off to the very Israeli BY schools, especially if you're new. If you're looking for strictly BY, charedi style, it might not be the best place to plant yourself.

I am not saying you wouldn't get in! But it could be a factor.

Thank you
Can you tell me which would be a good fit for her if she's coming into 9th grade from a bais yakov school?
Why would it be off? Because it's mixed?

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Aug 10 2023, 8:16 am
There are soooo many BY high schools, so can you be more specific? There are charedi Isreali like snif, more American like ko tomar, and more open but still in the BY system lile bnot harama and peninei chen, which are both in mishkafayim. They are both overwhelmingly American, but not all of course. And there are others.

Are you coming from somewhere else in EY? Or chul? Does she have any problems with strict rules? Give me a sense of what you're looking for.

Mishkafayim is not so chareidi, and it could be very hard to get into high school in general. If they are wary of you for any reason they have no problem saying no. My daughter going into 9th grade still has friends who haven't been accepted yet for next year.

amother
Mayflower

Post Thu, Aug 10 2023, 9:11 am
amother Orchid wrote:
There are soooo many BY high schools, so can you be more specific? There are charedi Isreali like snif, more American like ko tomar, and more open but still in the BY system lile bnot harama and peninei chen, which are both in mishkafayim. They are both overwhelmingly American, but not all of course. And there are others.

Are you coming from somewhere else in EY? Or chul? Does she have any problems with strict rules? Give me a sense of what you're looking for.

Mishkafayim is not so chareidi, and it could be very hard to get into high school in general. If they are wary of you for any reason they have no problem saying no. My daughter going into 9th grade still has friends who haven't been accepted yet for next year.

Coming from US not a problem with rules and just looking at available homes and that area came up.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions