Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Anyone already has the new Bugaboo dragonfly?
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 11:13 pm
amother Moccasin wrote:
Bumping up this thread...
Now that the Dragonfly has been around for some time, those who have it - are you still happy with it? What are the pros, cons? I'm deciding between getting this or the Fox 5.

Also, I specifically want to know, did you find the bassinet to be very small?

I have a big baby and used both. My baby outgrew the dragonfly bassinet at around 6’r months and the fox was still roomy but she started to roll around then anyways so I loved her to a crib. The fox bassinet is definitely more spacious but practically it don’t make much of a difference.

I got a cut from the piece in the front of the dragonfly that kills though so I currently hate it lol. It has a very sharp edge.

amother
Moccasin

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 12:37 am
amother Seafoam wrote:
I have a big baby and used both. My baby outgrew the dragonfly bassinet at around 6’r months and the fox was still roomy but she started to roll around then anyways so I loved her to a crib. The fox bassinet is definitely more spacious but practically it don’t make much of a difference.

I got a cut from the piece in the front of the dragonfly that kills though so I currently hate it lol. It has a very sharp edge.

Thanks! Got it.

Ouch about the cut Sad

What about the stroller attachment? Is it very small and squishy? and do you find that you can get away without buying a separate travel stroller if you use that?

amother
Moccasin

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 11:04 am
bump

flowerpower

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 11:09 am
I have the Dragonfly.

It wheels very smooth
Love that its narrow
Switched from the bassinet at 3 months. ( my babies don’t like to lay flat and stare at the sky)
I can fold it with one hand ( even the bassinet part) and it folds so nice and flat.
The baby keeps sliding down the seat- it isnt comfortable for an infant. There is no bottom of a seat- its like one long board.
Decent size basket but you have to put in the stuff from the back part which is annoying. There is a “diaper bag” in the front of the basket which is great. I keep diapers and wipes there

amother
Winterberry

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 11:11 am
I have the Dragonfly, I bought it because I thought it was the size of the Bee but it's not it's the size of the Cameleon. The mattress from the Cameleon bassinet fits in to the bassinet from the Dragonfly. It feels junkier than the Cameleon and doesn't push as well as the Cameleon. I love that it folds with the bassinet.

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 11:13 am
amother Moccasin wrote:
Thanks! Got it.

Ouch about the cut Sad

What about the stroller attachment? Is it very small and squishy? and do you find that you can get away without buying a separate travel stroller if you use that?

Size wise it’s very similar to the bee. So you obviously can’t use it on the plane etc.

I have a yoyo I use in and out of the car and I can’t see it replacing that. It really replaced my fox in a more convenient version for longer trips by car. Traveling to israel I would probably take it.

Like the bee now that my kid is a bit bigger the seat isn’t huge but it’s totally fine.

Another big downside is that the hood is extremely tiny! It’s the size of the yoyo. So once it was cold I end up using the fox for walks to have coverage from the wind. It also wouldn’t work great for naps.

amother
Winterberry

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 11:21 am
Yes, I agree the hood is not very big but it's ok. Also, the carriage doesn't come with a rain cover you have to buy it separately. The basket is nice size but things could fall out, it doesn't close on one side, very weird. It comes with a diaper bag which is nice. The buggy board doesn't need attachment pieces the carriage has holes to put the board on.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics