Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media
Posted about divorced brother now talk about his wife
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Queen Of Hearts

Post Fri, Jun 30 2023, 6:47 pm
I understand your question.
Don't know what you're talking about because I got off Instagram a few years ago. Best decision ever!!!
But I understand your confusion. If she spoke about her brothers divorce so publicly. She should've clarified the situation.
I would feel gaslit, too.

Strange people out there... What

amother
Poinsettia

Post Fri, Jun 30 2023, 6:59 pm
Maybe the new/old wife doesn’t want her life to be talked about in public. And she is respecting that.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 30 2023, 7:08 pm
[quote="amother Poinsettia"]Maybe the new/old wife doesn’t want her life to be talked about in public. And she is respecting

Whatever mods, please take this thread down if you want.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 30 2023, 7:15 pm
Sweetmommy wrote:
I understand your question.
Don't know what you're talking about because I got off Instagram a few years ago. Best decision ever!!!
But I understand your confusion. If she spoke about her brothers divorce so publicly. She should've clarified the situation.
I would feel gaslit, too.

Strange people out there... What

It's funny. I'm not so into Instagram (even though I'm sure my post makes it sound like it's the most important thing in my life!) I don't even have it on my phone. I only use it as mild entertainment for a specific purpose in my life.

There was something about this scenario that bugged me and crystallized the whole weird setup of trying to be real, vulnerable but demanding privacy etc.

Like I said, we can close this down now. But I do appreciate your "getting me"

ra_mom

Post Fri, Jun 30 2023, 7:25 pm
amother OP wrote:
Asking people who know who I am talking about because all of these scenarios are not the case.

Very little time between the live where they discussed his being divorced and the casual as if it always was this way mention of her spending time with his wife.

She is also the type who would have splashed a big Mazel Tov announcement if he had gotten engaged to someone new. Especially cuz she talked so much about his being divorced.

This feels different. And it's totally fine if they want to keep it private. But then there is literally no reason for the way that she keeps mentioning it now.

Whatever, like I said. If you don't know who I'm referring to, it won't really make sense.

I'm wondering if those who do understand what I mean.

Very likely, for whatever reason, he didn't want a splash when he remarried, but she needs to get people to stop PMing her with shidduch suggestions for him after she made such a huge deal of his divorce, so she keeps mentioning his wife.
Just let it go. She's probably doing the best she can after she made such huge public announcements that end up hurting her brother.
I have no idea who you're talking about, but I totally understand you're confused. I think anyone would be based on what you're writing.

amother
Brown

Post Sat, Jul 01 2023, 1:44 pm
OP I have no idea who you are talking about but you have every right to ask questions about anyone who publicizes their life in on Instagram.

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Sat, Jul 01 2023, 6:32 pm
I know someone who divorced for about 2 years, and they just recently got remarried. Again. To each other.
I think it's weird but obviously they realised that they're meant for each other in the end!
And they've got kids so they were anyway in contact. They both dated again, but didn't find the right one!

amother
Latte

Post Sat, Jul 01 2023, 6:46 pm
The one that she did a live with 1 sister and 2 brothers? I know them and her sister is divorced and one brother. The brother she talked about his is married and lives where she is moving now.

amother
Caramel

Post Sat, Jul 01 2023, 11:00 pm
Had same question as op , do the brothers look a like and part of same business? So tagged both of them and one brother divorced other married?

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jul 01 2023, 11:06 pm
amother Caramel wrote:
Had same question as op , do the brothers look a like and part of same business? So tagged both of them and one brother divorced other married?

Can't believe I'm still writing about it. I just was wondering if she ever updated and I missed it. If not, I guess it's really not important. Helped put Instagram in even more perspective than I had until now.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jul 01 2023, 11:25 pm
If I mixed them up I apologize. (I really don't think I did) I really just wanted to know if she ever posted an update. Feeling bad I started this.

amother
Gladiolus

Post Sat, Jul 01 2023, 11:25 pm
Here’s the summary: Kyle found out that Ashli had been fooling around with Michael while he was in the hospital after overdosing.

Margaret lost her baby and almost bled to death at Marks apartment. Jeremy came rushing over and he and Mark come to blows.

Kyle finds out she is adopted and her boyfriend Jed who’s baby she is carrying is actually her twin brother who was kidnapped at birth .

Nick fumes about what Phyllis has put Summer and Daniel through and asks, “Where is she now?” Summer says she’s hiding out to protect them. Nick thinks she’s protecting herself. Summer says she offered to turn herself in if it would save her marriage but she couldn’t let her do that. Nick is angry and can’t understand why Phyllis is making her responsible for problems that she created. Summer says Stark is largely to blame. She knows her mother’s logic was screwy, but she does see that there was some justice to it. Nick knows she loves her mother, “But we’re also talking about Kyle’s mother.” Summer hangs her head, “You’re right. I tried to protect my mom. It turns out it might have cost me my marriage.

Whoops wrong summary. So sorry.

amother
Gladiolus

Post Sun, Jul 02 2023, 12:00 am
amother Gladiolus wrote:
Here’s the summary: Kyle found out that Ashli had been fooling around with Michael while he was in the hospital after overdosing.

Margaret lost her baby and almost bled to death at Marks apartment. Jeremy came rushing over and he and Mark come to blows.

Kyle finds out she is adopted and her boyfriend Jed who’s baby she is carrying is actually her twin brother who was kidnapped at birth .

Nick fumes about what Phyllis has put Summer and Daniel through and asks, “Where is she now?” Summer says she’s hiding out to protect them. Nick thinks she’s protecting herself. Summer says she offered to turn herself in if it would save her marriage but she couldn’t let her do that. Nick is angry and can’t understand why Phyllis is making her responsible for problems that she created. Summer says Stark is largely to blame. She knows her mother’s logic was screwy, but she does see that there was some justice to it. Nick knows she loves her mother, “But we’re also talking about Kyle’s mother.” Summer hangs her head, “You’re right. I tried to protect my mom. It turns out it might have cost me my marriage.

Whoops wrong summary. So sorry.

How about a summary of this weeks parsha instead :

Bilam tries to curse Klal Yisrael but is forced to bless them instead. What impresses him most and sets them apart from the non Jewish world he is exposed to is
מה טובו אוהליך יעקב
שראה פתחיהם שאינם מכוונים זה מול זה
Bilam saw that the openings of each family’s tent was offset from the other tents so that no one would be tempted to focus on the private lives of another family.

This attribute of Klal Yisrael is so paramount that each morning as we leave the privacy of our homes and encounter other people we say מה טובו אהליך יעקב to remind ourselves that our lives and the lives of others are meant to be private and not broadcast into the public domain.

It should be obvious that IG is the antithesis of what makes Klal Yisrael great, and is a sad sign of the penetration of the non Jewish culture of taking all that is meant to be private and putting it on public display.

amother
Currant

Post Sun, Jul 02 2023, 12:22 am
amother Latte wrote:
The one that she did a live with 1 sister and 2 brothers? I know them and her sister is divorced and one brother. The brother she talked about his is married and lives where she is moving now.

If this is who OP is talking about, I also understood it like you're saying.
The one that lives in her new town is married the whole time.
The brother who is divorced I think lives in the town she just moved out of. I'm assuming he's still single.
But the one who's wife she posts with... has definitely been married this whole time. Nothing changed.
And I only watched that live and a few other stories.

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Jul 02 2023, 12:25 am
amother Currant wrote:
If this is who OP is talking about, I also understood it like you're saying.
The one that lives in her new town is married the whole time.
The brother who is divorced I think lives in the town she just moved out of. I'm assuming he's still single.
But the one who's wife she posts with... has definitely been married this whole time. Nothing changed.
And I only watched that live and a few other stories.

Yes, this

Cheiny

Post Sun, Jul 02 2023, 12:50 am
amother OP wrote:
Nope. It is almost like I feel gaslit. It is mentioned casually with kids like she was aways there and like they are best friends. Makes me feel like I'm crazy for thinking otherwise. It is mentioned in a way and in times that are so not necessary. It feels almost on purpose. That's why I am wondering if those who do know who I'm talking about can shed some light. If not, I will let it go the way of all the other strange Instagram phenomena......

I’m honestly puzzled how people can get their minds this involved with what’s going on in a complete stranger’s life. Do you not have anything better to do, or a more productive type of entertainment?

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Jul 02 2023, 12:59 am
Op ask her in a comment.

amother
Apple

Post Sun, Jul 02 2023, 1:30 am
Cheiny wrote:
I’m honestly puzzled how people can get their minds this involved with what’s going on in a complete stranger’s life. Do you not have anything better to do, or a more productive type of entertainment?

And yet here you are.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 02 2023, 1:37 am
Like I said, if I mixed it up I apologize and ask that the thread please be erased or locked.

amother
Hawthorn

Post Sun, Jul 02 2023, 1:38 am
But the real question is, does she like your chair?
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics