Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
How you know a non jew has been around jews (light thread)
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

Highstrung

Post Sun, Jul 16 2023, 6:04 pm
fleetwood wrote:
When don't you do lawns for a week?

People are makpid in the 9 days

URHL

Post Sun, Jul 16 2023, 7:54 pm
my cleaning lady calls my father "zaidy"

Ruchy

Post Sun, Jul 16 2023, 8:28 pm
I was in bingo once and heard the Mexicans singing along with the music in the store, "azoi, tzi azoi- vuss farshteit a [gentile]" LOL

zaq

Post Sun, Jul 16 2023, 9:55 pm
You know, all of this is heartwarming but not all that surprising, considering that most of you live in places like Lakewood where the dominant culture is orthodox Jewish. One absorbs the surrounding culture by osmosis. If you worked for, with and around Mexicans, you'd be trilling "Buenos Dias, Sra. Rodriguez, feliz Cinco de Mayo" in no time, and the Mexican ladies would be posting on their forum "Soymadre" about their child's Jewish speech therapist who greets them in Spanish, brings in tamales on Cinco de Mayo, and sings "La Bamba" and "Besame mucho" with the radio.

applesbananas

Post Sun, Jul 16 2023, 11:11 pm
The plumber pulled out his flip phone and says “this is my kosher phone”

happywoman

Post Sun, Jul 16 2023, 11:50 pm
I was at the doctor today and my 4 year old needed a culture. He was telling the nurse - Don't do it, you're gonna choke me etc. After she finished she said to him "Please be moichel" !!!!!

Flip Flops

Post Mon, Jul 17 2023, 12:54 am
When we told our Hispanic movers to put our beds in the bedroom near each other, one guy said, "the rabbi lets?"

ap

Post Mon, Jul 17 2023, 1:02 am
Flip Flops wrote:
When we told our Hispanic movers to put our beds in the bedroom near each other, one guy said, "the rabbi lets?"

LOL

naturalmom5

Post Mon, Jul 17 2023, 1:44 am
My husband had a friend in college that asked why guys don’t shave during sefira
Just be nice to each other

A janitor in South Fallsburg used to say the Rosh Yeshiva said he doesnt allow changing your livush ( from litvish to chasidish)

So the janitor said ich been du zex yor un ich hub nisht gtoished mein zuken

( I am working here 6 years and I never change my socks )

shani1

Post Mon, Jul 17 2023, 11:55 am
Flip Flops wrote:

That is hilarious!
They must think we are crazy

peanut1

Post Mon, Jul 17 2023, 12:04 pm
My non Jewish co workers like to point out whenever my skirt isn't covering my knees all the way. 🫣.
One lady threatened to call "the Rabbi."

West End Tova

Post Mon, Jul 17 2023, 12:59 pm
I used to work at a desk opposite an African-American woman. Every morning, she put her bags down on her desk, heaved a great sigh, and said, "Oy, vey."

happytobemom

Post Mon, Jul 17 2023, 2:07 pm
My mother offered her cleaning lady the rest of the bread the day before Pesach. She asked, Don't you need that to hide the pieces?

happytobemom

Post Mon, Jul 17 2023, 2:08 pm
8x wrote:
In any bakery or pizza shop I can ask what's mezonos and hamotzi

Or yoshon!

newdaynewdawn

Post Mon, Jul 17 2023, 2:11 pm
I mistakenly left an open bottle of wine in m y fridge when I asken my cleaner to clean it. She opened it and said "hey I guess you cant use this wine anymore, but im happy to have it"
LOL

BH Yom Yom

Post Mon, Jul 17 2023, 2:31 pm
zaq wrote:
You know, all of this is heartwarming but not all that surprising, considering that most of you live in places like Lakewood where the dominant culture is orthodox Jewish. One absorbs the surrounding culture by osmosis. If you worked for, with and around Mexicans, you'd be trilling "Buenos Dias, Sra. Rodriguez, feliz Cinco de Mayo" in no time, and the Mexican ladies would be posting on their forum "Soymadre" about their child's Jewish speech therapist who greets them in Spanish, brings in tamales on Cinco de Mayo, and sings "La Bamba" and "Besame mucho" with the radio.

Soymadre LOL

spoiled

Post Mon, Jul 17 2023, 3:09 pm
The ambasador asked us where we're travelling to, so we said Ny. He goes, yeah sure, but where? We said Williamsburg. So he goes, do you belong to the Aroinim or the Zali's?

a2z

Post Mon, Jul 17 2023, 5:07 pm
spoiled wrote:
The ambasador asked us where we're travelling to, so we said Ny. He goes, yeah sure, but where? We said Williamsburg. So he goes, do you belong to the Aroinim or the Zali's?

?

Shani...

Post Mon, Jul 17 2023, 6:18 pm
The 2 Satmar Rebbis

Rav Aharon and Rav Zalman Lieb

Shani...

Post Mon, Jul 17 2023, 6:25 pm
Another one; this is a beautiful story.

A minicab driver told me he has been working in our community for 2 dozen years and has never done a job without being paid. Even if someone forgot or didn't have correct amount they would drop into the office!

He also said that he once did a job, early in his career, where a wealthy person asked him to be taken to a specific shul and requested that he wait while he goes inside presumably to daven, he was waiting for some time and thought the man got a free ride and ran off. About 20 minutes later the man came back and paid him the fare plus waiting time.

He did say though that the one thing the hasidic jews don't know the meaning of is "ein minute"

LOL Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Page 6 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics