Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
How you know a non jew has been around jews (light thread)
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

synthy

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 12:34 pm
Asked the UPS delivery guy if he has any packages for me, he said “no, gam zu l’tovah!”

Highstrung

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 12:40 pm
One Rosh Hashana my DS was rushed to the hospital needed stitches after falling outside of shul. The nurses called a taxi for me. The taxi company is not even located in a frum neighborhood but I guess because the hospital was used by frum clientele the non Jewish driver was more familiar with the halachos then I was . I didn’t realize I wasn’t supposed to open the door and he told me to stop and he came out to open it. Then I tried to explain how I’ll pay him after Yom Tov and he kept saying no worries . He opened the car door for us upon arrival and then helped my DS out and said “Refuah Shelaimah and A Gebentched Yuhr”.

BusyMama1

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 12:43 pm
When my non jewish coworker tells me she has good "hock" for me

Last edited by BusyMama1 on Fri, Jul 14 2023, 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

newdaynewdawn

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 12:44 pm
My ironing lady asked me if she should come next week because its coming the 9 days Very Happy

anonymous mom

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 12:44 pm
When your husband's worker (Hispanic) responds to a Whatsapp "I finished installing etc etc BH" 😆

newdaynewdawn

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 12:46 pm
When parcels get delivered on shabbos, the delivery driver (who is designated for our area code) knows to bring it inside the house and put it in a corner by the door and not give it over to me.
P.s. I never told him to he just seems to know this from other jewish house deliveries.

leah233

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 12:59 pm
An Indian coworker once told me at a new job "not only do they expect you do everything right here, they expect you to do it on the level of middas chasidus"

Slightly different situation. I was by an interview where I did not meet the experience required for the job. The job also had flexible hours but required coming in on Shabbos. In the end the owner (a real WASP) hired me anyway (obviously without Shabbos hours) because she said that all the frum people she ever worked with were so wonderful to work with.

Last edited by leah233 on Fri, Jul 14 2023, 1:22 pm; edited 2 times in total

BusyMama1

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 1:01 pm
When my coworker came in with hair dyed and said "Oh, this is my Shabbos Sheitel, the other one is by the Sheitel Machor!"

SuperWify

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 1:14 pm
I had a psychiatrist who told me I was a cool Hassidic and must be rebellious because she thought my attire was too trendy for the community. She was disappointed when I informed her I was neither rebellious nor hassidic, just cool.

rikkik

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 1:19 pm
I knocked on my neighbors door cause I needed a Shabbos [gentile] and she said- "one minute, I'm not Tznius"

elisheva25

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 1:19 pm
Wow incredible!
This is us being a light on to the Nations !!
Bh !!

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 1:24 pm
When he can sing the whole fist paragraph of bentching.

Cheiny

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 1:25 pm
scruffy wrote:
The workers in my local grocery sing along to the Jewish music playing.

Yes! A Spanish girl in the kosher supermarket was singing along with the Jewish music being played, and then showed me she had Yaakov Shwekey on her phone’s playlist!

gande

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 1:29 pm
When I tell my cleaning lady something that happened and she responds Thank you hashem!

(:momoftwo:)

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 1:31 pm
My OB (not religious, does that count?) tells me after my pap smear, “We should just have you do a bedikah and send it in!”

rikkik

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 1:36 pm
I'm loving this thread.

doctorima

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 1:53 pm
A friend was running late on a short winter Friday. She came out of the shower and saw her candles already lit. She asked the cleaning lady about it, who said that she lit them for my friend since it was getting close to shkiah.

zaq

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 2:16 pm
When it's a Friday afternoon and your co-worker says "Why are you still here, don't you have to make Shabbos?"

mommyla

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 2:19 pm
I slept over at a friend’s house once. They had a lovely Jamaican live-in housekeeper. When I came down in the morning she greeted me with “did you daven yet?”

imasinger

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 2:29 pm
rikkik wrote:
I'm loving this thread.

Me, too!
Page 2 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics