Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
How you know a non jew has been around jews (light thread)
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

mommy9

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 6:25 pm
My mother's non Jewish coworker came in one day and said, "Mazel tov, I'm a bubby!"

doodlesmom

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 7:24 pm
My Chinese tailor commented that my daughters neckline isn’t” sniuz “. And she must correct it.- I thought it was fine.

rising hero

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 7:29 pm
Our local chinese mailman calls himself "Chaim" the kids call him chaim the mailman

Balabroomstick

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 7:34 pm
a2z wrote:
I do

Me too…

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 7:38 pm
yo'ma wrote:
I went to the cleaners yesterday and the guy asked me when do the 9 days start. He said he’s been working in the neighborhood for 20 years. I said one day and he said, no he thinks another day. He was right. LOL Can't Believe It

Lol. You know I can add lots of stories to this one. 😉

I think the best one ever is when it was erev succos one on a weekday and JJ said. “I don’t know why but it feels like a Friday.” I feel like that is the most Jewish thing a non Jew can say 😂

Another cute one is my cleaning lady scolding my son for eating fleishigs after milchigs. She got confused lol.

Also, all the non Jews in my life call Hashem , Hashem and not G-d. They also usually kiss mezuzahs when entering a room and are constantly reminding kids to make brachos…

rakcna

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 7:41 pm
I work in a small department in a hospital. One of my coworkers is frum as well and has been in the department over a decade. We have very low turnover so much coworkers say:

Are we closing early on Erev Thanksgiving?
Are you sure that's the kosher knife?
Did you make your cholent yet (Friday morning)?
It's all bashert.

When reps come and bring baked goods if there is a hechsher on the food, they know not to open it. They also know that one of us has more hakpados with kashrus. They'll tell me that I can't have things.

They ask children if they are Shabbos party. If they didn't, then they know the kid is really unwell.

They will tell parents to ask a shaila if they aren't sure that they can do a treatment.

They were shocked when I said I may cut my son's hair before 3. They told me I'm not allowed.

When someone has a really good hair day they refer to it as a sheitel day.

Tranquil

Post Fri, Jul 14 2023, 7:59 pm
zaq wrote:
Equally entertaining are Brooklyn Sepharadim who speak Yiddish. Not many Ashkenazim know any Ladino.

Not many Sefardim I know, who know any Ladino either.
So not really a comparison…
But yes, Ive seen Sefardim who know Yiddish Smile

Shuly

Post Sat, Jul 15 2023, 2:41 pm
African American security guard in the airport asked my husband where he is going to learn in Israel and said - it has to be Mir or Brisk if you want a good shidduch!

theoneandonly

Post Sat, Jul 15 2023, 4:31 pm
My grandmother's aide over pesach told me that I couldn't put my baby's bottle of formula on the table because the bottle was milchik and the table was fleishigs.
Same aide, when the kitchen hand towels fell on the floor on pesach, told me that we had to wash them before using them again (we hold that anything that touches the floor is chometz).

eisheschayil

Post Sat, Jul 15 2023, 5:27 pm
I was once chatting with my grandmother's Indian carer and I asked her how she met her Nepali husband. She told me that her aunt made the shidduch.

SuperWify

Post Sat, Jul 15 2023, 5:34 pm
My maid from Romania said in her church back home they sing Abba Melech HaOlam. Apparently, Avraham Fried is a very hot singer for religious Romanian Christians.

SuperWify

Post Sat, Jul 15 2023, 5:35 pm
A waitress in restaurant scolded me for not washing before eating my sandwich- this is the HaMotzei bread. Oops. embarrassed

shyner

Post Sat, Jul 15 2023, 6:47 pm
My grandmother's carer told my mother that she wants to be a shadchan and that she has a good suggestion for my sister, it was a son of another Jewish family she had worked at. LOL

jayle

Post Sat, Jul 15 2023, 9:35 pm
My brother had a non Jewish friend in university who always hung around with the Jewish guys,
Once after a meal some one pressuming he was Jewish asked if he wanted to lead mezuman, with out blinking an eye he answered "I didn't wash"

gande

Post Sat, Jul 15 2023, 10:04 pm
My cleaning lady starts singing “(kids name) but a mitzva” when she wants him to pick up his toys.

She was surprised to hear you can’t use an umbrella on shabbos she thought she knew everything.

BH Yom Yom

Post Sat, Jul 15 2023, 10:25 pm
One of the non-Jewish maintenance staff members at a local frum school has dreadlocks and refers to himself as “Sheitel-man.”

snowflake1

Post Sat, Jul 15 2023, 10:52 pm
This is the best thread ive read in a long time

effess

Post Sat, Jul 15 2023, 11:21 pm
My cleaning lady tells the kids to do a mitzvah and help her clean!
We all get a good laugh.
Come to think of it, if they clean it will be a very big mitzvah of saving money

yersp

Post Sun, Jul 16 2023, 12:13 am
My driving instructor called me the day before my road test asking me if it was ok if he scheduled a bucher for the road test as well. All together there would be me, a Chinese girl and a chassidishe bucher and of course the boy would sit in the front passenger seat and me and the girl in the back, however, when the girl or myself would be driving a practice run, the boy would sit in the back with one of us. I asked him if he has a thingy in the back that comes down between the two seats, he sounded relieved, yes he had that and yes he's confirming that that's ok. He knows there needs to be a divider. Which reminds me of the kitchen guy who came to install a new kitchen and he made sure to order a separate piece of counter, a mechitzeh between the milchig and fleishig sinks.
My husband had a workmate who enjoyed making up rap songs and this guy wanted to make a Jewish one. One sentence I remember was that he is very tismach working at this Jewish company. He googled happy and since there was many variations to the word happy, he chose Tismach.

dietcokeaddict

Post Sun, Jul 16 2023, 12:31 am
When my obgyn (a religious catholic) told me that checking how far I'm dilated during labor shouldn't hurt more than checking myself before the mikvah.
She was wrong, but I still found it hilarious.
Page 4 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics