Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Remember when? Gateshead UK
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 7:55 am
Easy to understand. Seems she left her account open and someone posted a reply.

amother
Electricblue

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 8:53 am
That kinda freaks me out

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 9:26 am
Anyone remember shopping city where tesco extra is now?

amother
NeonPurple

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 9:46 am
I was in sem there and been back recently. Quite a different place now.
Who remembers buying Mr Freezes from Ivans and then across the road was ivans angels
Think dressmaker on coatsworth was called stitch in time.
And there was a lady who did dressmaking in her house called Mrs Gulhespee. She had masks all over walls.

amother
Dandelion

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 10:52 am
I remember tj maxx in Gateshead town. And a photo shop there that we all used. From when I was in sem there.

amother
Banana

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 12:14 pm
amother NeonPurple wrote:
I was in sem there and been back recently. Quite a different place now.
Who remembers buying Mr Freezes from Ivans and then across the road was ivans angels
Think dressmaker on coatsworth was called stitch in time.
And there was a lady who did dressmaking in her house called Mrs Gulhespee. She had masks all over walls.

The coatsworth road sewing place was called express stitch.
Do you remember Edwin Maclow? I think he has closed down now

Lemonade 2323

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 1:22 pm
Ivans angel has closed now. There's a shul there now. When I lived there there was only one shul on the corner of Bewick & Rectory where anyone who wasn't part of a kollel davened. Altho we used to daven in the Yeshiva. As a Gateshead girl I was allowed to daven there when I was in Sem even tho the sem placed girls at other Minyonim due to lack of space. I remember the out of town students finding it difficult to daven in a shul if they were used to a Yeshiva davening. Girls were asking for permission to go home if they davened in a Sefardi minyan (they have one now in gateshead), to babysit for their mother/sister, if their father was ba'al tefilla/ba'al tokea-sem was empty on Yom kippur (my neice was their recently, they finish b4 Yom kippur for that reason)

achayl

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 1:24 pm
dilego wrote:
Yea even old Gateshead's changing.
When I was in Sem that was b4 rabbi katz openend new gateshead and there where hardly any yidden living down coatsworth rd.
There was no ravenscourt... and no Dansky's
Mankoffs was there at their house. Only stenhouse.
I guess I'm a bit on the older side

Sounds like we are of the same era of Gateshead Sem. I was there for the 3 years of Sem, didn't live there but there was only Mankoff's and Stenhouse. I was always astounded at how the sefarim held up the house where the sefarim were sold, at Lehmann's.

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 1:28 pm
I remember some girls loving Yomim Noroim in Sem, it was the 1st time they had the luxury of staying in Shul all day, they would usually babysit for their siblings giving their moms a chance to go to shul for a bit.

Lemonade 2323

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 1:32 pm
That was a luxury I never had since I was living there when I was in Sem!

amother
Lotus

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 1:34 pm
Ahh, sem! I miss it! It's been like 15 years but I have the best memories. Once a sem girl....
Does sem memories need its own thread or can we reminisce here?

amother
Glitter

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 1:36 pm
I was there 15years ago Hi

amother
Lotus

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 1:45 pm
Hi! R Sternbach ztl moved to e"y when we were in T2.
Some things off the top of my head: the bell that the chassids rang to wake us up, waiting for shabbos shiur from hours before, chocolate digestive, (gross name but yummy!), 2 rooms, p.aying piano in the common rooms, mrs. Robert's dispensery, the "jorwdies", basketball in the park,...

amother
Banana

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 1:48 pm
amother Lotus wrote:
Some things off the top of my head: the bell that the chassids rang to wake us up, waiting for shabbos shiur from hours before, chocolate digestive, (gross name but yummy!), 2 rooms, p.aying piano in the common rooms, mrs. Robert's dispensery, the "jorwdies", basketball in the park,...

We must’ve been together in sem. R Sternbuch left when I was in T3 I think.

Lemonade 2323

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 1:51 pm
Geordies LOL!

amother
Glitter

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 1:54 pm
amother Lotus wrote:

I was in your class..

amother
Lotus

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 1:59 pm
so curious!!

amother
Electricblue

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 2:46 pm
amother Slateblue wrote:
I remember some girls loving Yomim Noroim in Sem, it was the 1st time they had the luxury of staying in Shul all day, they would usually babysit for their siblings giving their moms a chance to go to shul for a bit.

I was in new ghd.
I rember rosh hashono morning being told off by other girls for not getting up for the very beginning of shacharis.

Some of us didnt go to shul on shabbos, it was hard for us to go so early.

The competition was who had the least makup on that had cried it all away.

Me and my friend admitted to each other that we cried into our machzorim from homesickness Crying

Busybee5

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 3:27 pm
I was there in 2003/04 đź‘‹ I think. Working backwards...

Busybee5

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 3:29 pm
amother Lotus wrote:

Love choc digestives! They've gone so expensive now, it's a treat!
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating