Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
What age did you toilet train your child?
Previous  1  2

What age did you toilet train your child? (on average)
Under 2 years  
 2%  [ 5 ]
2 - 2.5 years  
 29%  [ 50 ]
2.5 - 3 years  
 41%  [ 70 ]
3 - 3.5 years  
 23%  [ 40 ]
Over 3.5 years  
 2%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 169

amother
Apple

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 10:12 pm
My 2 girls at around 2.4. My boy at around 2.8 months. Its when child AND mama are ready.

1 of my girls and son night trained along with by day. Other girl trained by night around half a year to a 3/4 year later.

amother
DarkGreen

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 10:19 pm
Do not drop it!! I feel that is the worst most confusing thing for a kid. U will have a much harder time the endt time around bc he will know there is an option of dropping it again. Give him stickers ices prizes candies wtvr it takes for him to feel very positive feelings and accosiations with the bathroom. He is not too young..I trained one son at 2 ys and 2 months and the other 2 yrs 5 m

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 10:21 pm
All my kids were trained by day and then trained by night within days. BH it is a G-d given gift honest. Some wet their bed on occasion. Some more than others. Some I took to the bathroom once a night for a couple months.
DS 2.6
DD 2.2
DS 2.4
DS 2.7
DS 2.6
DS 2.6
DS 2.2
I am known for training my kids young. I think the longest it had taken in a week..... once it didn't work at 2.4, but did it at 2.6.

amother
Nasturtium

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 10:23 pm
I was pressured to toilet train my son when he was 2.5 because the morah wanted it even tho he totally wasn't ready. It completely backfired and he was so hard and now he just turned 4 and is finally fully trained bH! Both Night time and day time!
I regret listening to that morah and not my instinct.

BrisketBoss

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 11:43 pm
amother DarkGreen wrote:
Do not drop it!! I feel that is the worst most confusing thing for a kid. U will have a much harder time the endt time around bc he will know there is an option of dropping it again. Give him stickers ices prizes candies wtvr it takes for him to feel very positive feelings and accosiations with the bathroom. He is not too young..I trained one son at 2 ys and 2 months and the other 2 yrs 5 m

What do you mean, he will know there is an option? No matter what, the child does not have to do what the parent wants here. The parent can withhold diapers, but the child can withhold urine and stool, or make them somewhere else. Great that it worked out for you, but it's a risky business.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training