Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
PSA: Please say Thank You to...
Previous  1  2  3

Chickensoupprof

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 2:02 pm
I've heard that especially in the US waitress are not earning any respect because the ''choose'' to have such a bad job.

amother
Viola

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 2:14 pm
Chickensoupprof wrote:
I've heard that especially in the US waitress are not earning any respect because the ''choose'' to have such a bad job.

No that is false. Sounds made up.

amother
Snowdrop

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 4:47 pm
please say thank you to EVERYONE who does a service or kind thing for you, including waiters and waitresses.

It's not rocket science, it's menshlichkeit. It's good middos and should be an incorporated habit, just like lifting your feet when walking up the stairs. (instead of just keeping them the same level and going forwards)

Also when you are stressed and running after kids or whatever. Also to your husband when he goes out with the garbage.

It's hard for me to believe that this has to be spelled out.

amother
Gardenia

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 4:52 pm
Please focus on raising your own children. šŸ˜‰

zaq

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 8:54 pm
amother OP wrote:
To better explain these are not commandments nor mitzvos.
I think basic appreciation and manners is in some of our blood.
We're not forced to say thank you or hold doors open for others; it's ingrained in us.
It comes naturally.

No, it doesn't. Nobody is born knowing to say thank you. Infants are born entirely self-centered. You were TAUGHT manners and you took the lessons to heart to the point that they became second nature. Some people weren't taught, and others chose not to practice what they were taught.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 9:59 pm
zaq wrote:
No, it doesn't. Nobody is born knowing to say thank you. Infants are born entirely self-centered. You were TAUGHT manners and you took the lessons to heart to the point that they became second nature. Some people weren't taught, and others chose not to practice what they were taught.

That's what I mean.
I learned this by osmosis. My parents modeled this behavior and it was ingrained in me.
What I meant by naturally is I don't have to think before I act mannered that I will do so now. As you said, it's second nature.

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 10:00 pm
Most people at events I attend say please and thank you. Maybe not before and after every course. Sometimes Iā€™m so engrossed in a conversation and when I finish I notice oh my main course is here.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette