Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Please explain the stretchies with snaps in back
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 12:59 pm
amother Bone wrote:
Where in target do you find cute ones and 3 for $15???
I have a baby boy and they're all so ugly. They either have monsters or dinosaurs or construction vehicles. And they're closer to $8-10 each.
When I had a little girl I was able to find pretty ones much easier.

So much yes! Flowers can be classy. Sharks less so. Wth carters. This is my first boy so that's probably why I'm paying more attention to the Jewish things especially with Yom tov coming up. My girls were not born near any Yom tov.

amother
Bone

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 1:00 pm
amother OP wrote:
I thought it would be something like that but the opening seems too high up to get the legs out. Maybe I'll try again just for the sake of science. Yom tov is coming and these are much classier than all the ones with monkeys and stuff.

It's really not rocket science.
But if the stretchie material isn't super soft and stretchable and the fit is a little snug it's very difficult to get those legs in and out.
I like the ones that have a lot of give. When I shop for them I always test the stretch.
The non jewish companies are so wide my baby's feet never stay in the foot part (when they're little).

amother
Daffodil

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 1:00 pm
amother Bone wrote:
I have a baby boy and they're all so ugly. They either have monsters or dinosaurs or construction vehicles. And they're closer to $8-10 each.

The Cloud Island Sleep n Plays are 3 for $15. Cloud island is Target’s brand. The other brands sold at target are more expensive.

The cloud island patterns are not the cutest but I’m fine with them at home. I’ve found cuter patterns at carters and old navy but those are a few dollars more.

I’ve only had girl babies but this one is kinda cute - I like the green one and the one with leaves. The middle ones boring but decent.

https://www.target.com/p/baby-.....04688

These patterns are also decently cute -

https://www.target.com/p/baby-.....40924

They also have these in larger sizes by the way, I don’t know why they split up the larger and smaller sizes as a different product.

I never dry my baby’s clothes in the dryer! Makes them shrink, not worth it. The babies only fit in their clothes for a few months as is, not going to shorten that time.

I love the 3 for $15 stretchies for when my baby is learning to eat. They stain their clothes so much. Also when they’re crawling, the knees get rubbed out.

HonesttoGod

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 1:02 pm
The absolute worst kind of stretchi especially if your baby isn’t tiny and skinny. But then again all the Jewish stores sell stretchies for babies that are long and skinny.
If you have a shorter baby or a fat one, forget it. This kinda snap-in-the-back stretchies will rip or hurt your baby when you try squish their legs back in.

The worst.

amother
Vanilla

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 1:07 pm
Ema of 5 wrote:
I always found dressing my baby to be much harder when I used the snaps in the back ones, so I hardly used them at all. I had to lay him on his stomach to snap them, and he was super squirmy from day one, which made it super hard. I found keeping him in place when he was on his back to be much easier.

Lol, that was actually a bonus! Built in reminder for tummy time for moms that find it hard. Lay the baby across your lap, let them hangout and practice lifting their head while you snap it up, and leave them in that position until they protest.
I actually often snapped those snaps while holding the baby snuggled against my shoulder while the baby was happy the diaper change was over.

aaa2

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 1:19 pm
I've used these for all six of my kids. I love it you can just put the feet back in even if you don't have time to snap it! Especially if you have a set of multiples (like me) and are changing a bunch of diapers at once. The three snaps on the back win hands down
Plus they're cuter! Why in the world would you not want to put your kid in the cuter clothing.
Not something I understand...

bsy

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 1:22 pm
amother Daffodil wrote:
The Cloud Island Sleep n Plays are 3 for $15. Cloud island is Target’s brand. The other brands sold at target are more expensive.

The cloud island patterns are not the cutest but I’m fine with them at home. I’ve found cuter patterns at carters and old navy but those are a few dollars more.

I’ve only had girl babies but this one is kinda cute - I like the green one and the one with leaves. The middle ones boring but decent.

https://www.target.com/p/baby-.....04688

These patterns are also decently cute -

https://www.target.com/p/baby-.....40924

They also have these in larger sizes by the way, I don’t know why they split up the larger and smaller sizes as a different product.

I never dry my baby’s clothes in the dryer! Makes them shrink, not worth it. The babies only fit in their clothes for a few months as is, not going to shorten that time.

I love the 3 for $15 stretchies for when my baby is learning to eat. They stain their clothes so much. Also when they’re crawling, the knees get rubbed out.

These stretchies are amazing. Had them and loved them.

bsy

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 1:24 pm
amother Cerise wrote:
Plenty of the Jewish brands are well made

Which brands? Maniere runs tiny and has no give. A different one I bought had the snaps in the back ripping and making a hole. The only ones I had that were good were petit beteau.

amother
Tulip

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 1:37 pm
bsy wrote:
Which brands? Maniere runs tiny and has no give. A different one I bought had the snaps in the back ripping and making a hole. The only ones I had that were good were petit beteau.

I happen to be happy with the cheap ones I got at tottini. They do run small so I size up one size. The modal ones are very stretchy and easy to use imo. Never had an issue with holes and I've used for more than one baby.

imaima

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 1:39 pm
amother OP wrote:
Got a bunch of baby outfits as gifts or hand me downs. Anything from Carter's, children's place, etc, I know how to use - there are either snaps on bottom or a zipper that goes from the top down one leg.

Anything from a Jewish store has snaps in back nowhere near the tush. I think I saw the style last on the baby's pajamas in the old original Disney Peter Pan. A few snaps down the middle of the back, then a few across horizontally.

Is there some secret to making this work or are you really expected to undress the child for every diaper change? I'm so puzzled.

I like them
You pull down off the bottom to the front and free up both legs and bottom.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 1:42 pm
bsy wrote:

Cream bebe. Don’t know where you can buy these but got some as gifts and they’re excellent

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 1:42 pm
amother Currant wrote:
This. I only buy the stretchies that snap in the bag. way easier to dress and undress baby when they are jumping all over. Also, its not a "jewish" thing. I have stretchies from european, non-jewish, companies that have snaps like this.

Yes
Bought them from a French brand when my now 13 y.o. was born

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 1:45 pm
amother OP wrote:
So much yes! Flowers can be classy. Sharks less so. Wth carters. This is my first boy so that's probably why I'm paying more attention to the Jewish things especially with Yom tov coming up. My girls were not born near any Yom tov.

Look at next
They always have classy or at least plain

octopus

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 1:46 pm
amother Bone wrote:

Also, the zippers are good for older babies. On tiny newborns they are so stiff and bunch up especially if you dry the stretchies and they shrink a bit.

Online Carter's brand. Two way zipper. Awesome.

amother
Dustypink

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 1:48 pm
amother OP wrote:

Lol, I found that whenever I had a baby girl, I saw all these cute boy clothes, and vice versa.

amother
Lightblue

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 2:26 pm
Omg the Peter Pan remark made me laugh so hard...

I love the look of the cute stretchies but in real life for my last two kids they only wore them when going out.
They're home with me most of the time and they were fat little babies 😆 😂

The real test is if the husband can get them snapped up after the diaper change!!!

octopus

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 3:06 pm
Can someone please explain to me the European stretches that have buttons??!! Like why would you do that?!!

amother
Darkblue

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 3:12 pm
amother Vanilla wrote:
Yup. I actually prefer these over snaps all along the inside of the legs. These have 2-3 snaps versus 10 during a diaper change. Snaps all along the inside are my last resort outfits.

This. Way easier than the many snaps down the leg. Just pop legs in & out, closing the back is optional especially in the middle of the night.

amother
Darkblue

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 3:19 pm
Iymnok wrote:
I prefer pants and a shirt that snaps. I could get away with only one snap and the outfits are super cute.

How do you keep a newborn from kicking off their pants?? Or are my babies weird?

bsy

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 4:42 pm
amother Lightblue wrote:
Omg the Peter Pan remark made me laugh so hard...

I love the look of the cute stretchies but in real life for my last two kids they only wore them when going out.
They're home with me most of the time and they were fat little babies 😆 😂

The real test is if the husband can get them snapped up after the diaper change!!!

Lol about husbands. I always left the babies in zippered stretchies if my husband was watching them
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics