Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Game- Guess the Book
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

ittsamother

Post Wed, Sep 13 2023, 9:39 pm
I have these neighbors, older single siblings. Nebach they never got married, their parents were nifter and they just stayed on in the house, no spouses, no kids, it's really so sad. Anyway so they're getting on in years, I've been telling them they need to get help. I meant, like, hire someone, you know? Take care of the outdoor stuff, do the chores... maybe be a bit of company around the house. Wouldn't you know it, they went and fostered a kid! Not even a big strong boy- some weedy pale skinny little girl, can NOT stop yapping to save her life. I mean, I'm not trying to be rude or judgemental but seriously this kid gets on my nerves, her vocabulary is just a little too big so it's constantly a guessing game of what weird thing she's gonna say next, and she comes up with the most ... interesting... ideas, and I don't know, I just don't find it enjoyable to spend time there anymore. She's got THEM wrapped around her little finger though, I can tell you that much. I guess I wish them luck with her? I feel like they're gonna need it.

Shabbosiscoming

Post Wed, Sep 13 2023, 9:42 pm
ittsamother wrote:
I have such a hard time with willpower. The other day I baked cookies and brought it over to my friend, we just couldn't stop eating. I'm like, "We have to stop eating!" as I'm jamming more in my mouth. Seriously no self control, what can I tell you. My friend thought he was being all smart by locking them away, til I pointed out that we could just, you know, unlock them. So can you believe he went and fed them all to the birds??? That's the last time I bring any baked goodies over to HIS house, you better believe it! What a waste of good cookies...

Frog and Toad

ittsamother

Post Wed, Sep 13 2023, 9:43 pm
Shabbosiscoming wrote:
Frog and Toad

Yep!! Bonus points to anyone who can name the specific book and story!

Shabbosiscoming

Post Wed, Sep 13 2023, 9:45 pm
ittsamother wrote:
I have these neighbors, older single siblings. Nebach they never got married, their parents were nifter and they just stayed on in the house, no spouses, no kids, it's really so sad. Anyway so they're getting on in years, I've been telling them they need to get help. I meant, like, hire someone, you know? Take care of the outdoor stuff, do the chores... maybe be a bit of company around the house. Wouldn't you know it, they went and fostered a kid! Not even a big strong boy- some weedy pale skinny little girl, can NOT stop yapping to save her life. I mean, I'm not trying to be rude or judgemental but seriously this kid gets on my nerves, her vocabulary is just a little too big so it's constantly a guessing game of what weird thing she's gonna say next, and she comes up with the most ... interesting... ideas, and I don't know, I just don't find it enjoyable to spend time there anymore. She's got THEM wrapped around her little finger though, I can tell you that much. I guess I wish them luck with her? I feel like they're gonna need it.

Anne of Green Gables

ittsamother

Post Wed, Sep 13 2023, 9:47 pm
People really need to take better care of us little kids. I was playing outside and my toy broke, I was really upset, crying, the whole deal. So these two boys came over to help, which was nice of them, I suppose, except that they promised to get the part I need to fix my toy, and then ran off! And left me there crying and alone in the hot sun for HOURS. I have no idea what took them so long, but I was really counting on them, I was stuck where I was cuz like I said, my toy was broken and couldn't move, and I was totally lost, no idea where to go! But like - who does that? Who finds a little kid crying on the sidewalk and then just abandons her the whole afternoon! Worst day ever.

ittsamother

Post Wed, Sep 13 2023, 9:55 pm
Can I just say, my sister is hilarious? She's seriously awesome. You have to hear what she just did, it's next level. Ok so she recently started teaching, and her luck she got the worst class in the school. I mean, I know it's not nice to say things like that but whatever, you don't know who they are so it's not lashon harah. Seriously these kids are the worst. Not one good kid in the class. She was having a MISERABLE time of it. Calling me up each night crying, ready to just quit. And then she got this hysterical idea, I thought she was insane when she told me about it, but it actually worked!! She dressed up in her ugliest clothing, used some face paint left over from Purim, marched in there, and just shrieked at the kids. Really put them in their place, frightened them half to death, and put them to work like nobody's business. She did that for a few days till they were as miserable as she used to be, really whipped them into shape, you know? Then went in the next day in her regular clothing and they were SO beyond relieved to see her they acted like little malachim! She said it's been a week and they're still perfect. I cannot stop laughing over her guts, she's just so cool. You happen to know of a shidduch for her??

amother
Raspberry

Post Wed, Sep 13 2023, 10:01 pm
ittsamother wrote:
People really need to take better care of us little kids. I was playing outside and my toy broke, I was really upset, crying, the whole deal. So these two boys came over to help, which was nice of them, I suppose, except that they promised to get the part I need to fix my toy, and then ran off! And left me there crying and alone in the hot sun for HOURS. I have no idea what took them so long, but I was really counting on them, I was stuck where I was cuz like I said, my toy was broken and couldn't move, and I was totally lost, no idea where to go! But like - who does that? Who finds a little kid crying on the sidewalk and then just abandons her the whole afternoon! Worst day ever.

Yossi and Laibel Hot on the Trail

amother
Raspberry

Post Wed, Sep 13 2023, 10:04 pm
ittsamother wrote:
Can I just say, my sister is hilarious? She's seriously awesome. You have to hear what she just did, it's next level. Ok so she recently started teaching, and her luck she got the worst class in the school. I mean, I know it's not nice to say things like that but whatever, you don't know who they are so it's not lashon harah. Seriously these kids are the worst. Not one good kid in the class. She was having a MISERABLE time of it. Calling me up each night crying, ready to just quit. And then she got this hysterical idea, I thought she was insane when she told me about it, but it actually worked!! She dressed up in her ugliest clothing, used some face paint left over from Purim, marched in there, and just shrieked at the kids. Really put them in their place, frightened them half to death, and put them to work like nobody's business. She did that for a few days till they were as miserable as she used to be, really whipped them into shape, you know? Then went in the next day in her regular clothing and they were SO beyond relieved to see her they acted like little malachim! She said it's been a week and they're still perfect. I cannot stop laughing over her guts, she's just so cool. You happen to know of a shidduch for her??

Wow this is written so well !
Miss Viola Swamp

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Sep 13 2023, 10:04 pm
ittsamother wrote:

This always bothered me! Lol! The kind of books that nobody would write today 🙂 But of course I had to buy it for my kids!

ittsamother

Post Wed, Sep 13 2023, 10:19 pm
amother Goldenrod wrote:
This always bothered me! Lol! The kind of books that nobody would write today 🙂 But of course I had to buy it for my kids!

It's a classic BECAUSE it's a classic, you know? We grew up with it so we love it so we buy it for our kids.

Also cuz it's enjoyable to read, has good flow and good rhymes, and ok, besides for that minor detail of leaving the poor girl alone all that time it is a nice lesson! I think I'll get it for my kids Tongue Out

Good Friend

Post Wed, Sep 13 2023, 10:21 pm
You know when you really go out of your way for someone and they’re like “no thanks”?
So I met this poor little girl who is homeless (she lives in a tree). I’m not sure if she has parents, she didn’t say and I didn’t want to make her uncomfortable with questions. I noticed she hardly owns any clothing, poor thing. Baruch Hashem I can afford it, so I went and bought her a nice collection of expensive dresses, which she really enjoyed after her initial hesitation. After that every so often I bought her a couple more dresses in a variety of styles.
One day I came to visit and brought her a new dress. I was shocked when she started yelling at me like a lunatic to take all the dresses away, how she had no more friends because of them and I must take them NOW!
I was confused and insulted at her sudden outburst. Luckily I had my pickup truck and was able to cart those dresses off and bring them to a Gemach where hopefully they’ll be more appreciated.

effess

Post Wed, Sep 13 2023, 10:21 pm
Did you not realize I was gone from the house when dusk fell?
I went past the fence, the dog barked. Then I got past the field where our cow grazes. I got all the way to the woods and met a kind looking man whom I helped. Yet, no one came to look for me. Luckily I found my way back home.
And all this with my new dress.

GLUE

Post Wed, Sep 13 2023, 10:22 pm
Good Friend wrote:
You know when you really go out of your way for someone and they’re like “no thanks”?
So I met this poor little girl who is homeless (she lives in a tree). I’m not sure if she has parents, she didn’t say and I didn’t want to make her uncomfortable with questions. I noticed she hardly owns any clothing, poor thing. Baruch Hashem I can afford it, so I went and bought her a nice collection of expensive dresses, which she really enjoyed after her initial hesitation. After that every so often I bought her a couple more dresses in a variety of styles.
One day I came to visit and brought her a new dress. I was shocked when she started yelling at me like a lunatic to take all the dresses away, how she had no more friends because of them and I must take them NOW!
I was confused and insulted at her sudden outburst. Luckily I had my pickup truck and was able to cart those dresses off and bring them to a Gemach where hopefully they’ll be more appreciated.

Messes of Dresses (did I spell it right)

effess

Post Wed, Sep 13 2023, 10:24 pm
Good Friend wrote:

Messes of dresses

amother
Lily

Post Wed, Sep 13 2023, 10:49 pm
ittsamother wrote:

Hot on the trail with yossi and laibel

amother
Lily

Post Wed, Sep 13 2023, 10:54 pm
So I’m a busy mother bH. Hashem blessed me with a lot of children but not much in the way of $$. One of my delicious children seems so have sheifos a little beyond our family’s budget.
What could I do? Her best friend’s parents are so wealthy. She comes back from her friends house with a new tale of another new toy, new clothes, spotless house.
I’m pretty intimidated from her friends mother, she’s really put together, but I do feel bad for her… obviously she’s going through a lot too. She only has her one daughter.
I try to impress on my daughter how lucky she is to have a warm loving home with so many siblings, even if she doesn’t have everything her friend has.
Any imas with experience can tell me how to give this over in a warm and gentle way without sounding preachy?

amother
Wallflower

Post Wed, Sep 13 2023, 11:01 pm
amother Lily wrote:
So I’m a busy mother bH. Hashem blessed me with a lot of children but not much in the way of $$. One of my delicious children seems so have sheifos a little beyond our family’s budget.
What could I do? Her best friend’s parents are so wealthy. She comes back from her friends house with a new tale of another new toy, new clothes, spotless house.
I’m pretty intimidated from her friends mother, she’s really put together, but I do feel bad for her… obviously she’s going through a lot too. She only has her one daughter.
I try to impress on my daughter how lucky she is to have a warm loving home with so many siblings, even if she doesn’t have everything her friend has.
Any imas with experience can tell me how to give this over in a warm and gentle way without sounding preachy?

Mimi and Simi

GLUE

Post Tue, Sep 26 2023, 5:56 pm
I went out on an errand and left my two kids home.
After I came home I started to look for a cake and could not find it, I asked the kids were it was and.....

Boy do they have an imagination, they told me about a cat that came and juggled the cake with a fish and a rake.
He also brought in to things, thing one and two. They made a mess of the place. Oh really so why was the place so clean when I came back?
The cat cleaned up.

Why couldn't just admit that they ate the cake?

wazup

Post Tue, Sep 26 2023, 6:15 pm
GLUE wrote:
I went out on an errand and left my two kids home.
After I came home I started to look for a cake and could not find it, I asked the kids were it was and.....

Boy do they have an imagination, they told me about a cat that came and juggled the cake with a fish and a rake.
He also brought in to things, thing one and two. They made a mess of the place. Oh really so why was the place so clean when I came back?
The cat cleaned up.

Why couldn't just admit that they ate the cake?

That's easy! The cat in the hat

GLUE

Post Tue, Sep 26 2023, 7:49 pm
wazup wrote:
That's easy! The cat in the hat

I was trying to think of a book most people have heard about.
Page 3 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics