Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
ISO Toddler Boys Warm Coat
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Busybee5

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 9:10 am
amother Alyssum wrote:
I was happy with the ali coat
It's only around $26 and it's so cozy

https://www.aliexpress.us/item.....Adapt

Does this run true to size? My toddler just turned 2 but is small for his age. He's wearing 12-18 month clothing, some 18-24 months. Should I buy 18 months or age 2?
The h&m one arrived and isn't warm enough.

Tzutzie

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 10:15 am
I have ali coats from the seller oramgemom. I might link it later if I'll have time to go sit at my computer. (I need to order one now too)
My kids wrote it last year. I sized up so they will wear it this year too. It still is in almost brand new condition. The ribbing pilled a bit. But ill use a defuzzer thingy on it. That's it.
I bought a 8 and 12 for my the 7 and 9 year old. My 8 year olds will still fit next year too. She's a petite-y. My 10 year old will need a new coat next year. She's tall and fits 12 and 14 clothes this year.

I want to order now for my slightly petite 4.5 year old. Haven't decided on a 4 or 5.
It runs pretty true to size.

It has down filling. It's extremely warm and looks very nice on.

I paid 56 for it last year. I think it's around the same price now.

The have a few similar versions. Some look a bit not boyish some a bit more girlish. But imo, you can do both for both of you want.
The also have adult coats.

If you live in cold weather, like I do, (we have a few weeks where the weather is in the teens or single digits) you need down filled very filled coats. The poly filled isn't warm enough. Or the down filled packable coats aren't warm enough for little kids either imo.

Busybee5

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 10:55 am
https://www.aliexpress.us/item.....39%21

I found one from that seller.
They look gorgeous. Do they run very small?

amother
Petunia

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 11:06 am
INSPIREME wrote:
https://www.feathersouterwear.com/boys

Thank you for this! I'm looking for older boys.. who are they Feathers - Is it a local store?

Op, all those jackets posted from h&m are not very warm ones. As one who tried getting cheap coats every yr, I realized rather spend a bit more and get one that won't leave you feeling guilty that they are cold in it.

Gap coats are warm, but my kids don't like heavy ones. Crewcuts also has warm coats, but not for cheap. Most coats have the silly fleece lining which I absolutely hate. I also like longer cuffs that add warmth for the hands. Down coats are the best but impossible to find beginning season for less than 60.

So I'd rather spend those extra 10-20 dollars and get a good coat.

Busybee5

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 12:02 pm
amother Petunia wrote:
Thank you for this! I'm looking for older boys.. who are they Feathers - Is it a local store?

Op, all those jackets posted from h&m are not very warm ones. As one who tried getting cheap coats every yr, I realized rather spend a bit more and get one that won't leave you feeling guilty that they are cold in it.

Gap coats are warm, but my kids don't like heavy ones. Crewcuts also has warm coats, but not for cheap. Most coats have the silly fleece lining which I absolutely hate. I also like longer cuffs that add warmth for the hands. Down coats are the best but impossible to find beginning season for less than 60.

We're in and out the car mostly so I think that Ali express one will be fine. My sil had it for my nephew, it was warm enough.

goodgirl

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 12:06 pm
Tzutzie wrote:
I have ali coats from the seller oramgemom. I might link it later if I'll have time to go sit at my computer. (I need to order one now too)
My kids wrote it last year. I sized up so they will wear it this year too. It still is in almost brand new condition. The ribbing pilled a bit. But ill use a defuzzer thingy on it. That's it.
I bought a 8 and 12 for my the 7 and 9 year old. My 8 year olds will still fit next year too. She's a petite-y. My 10 year old will need a new coat next year. She's tall and fits 12 and 14 clothes this year.

I want to order now for my slightly petite 4.5 year old. Haven't decided on a 4 or 5.
It runs pretty true to size.

It has down filling. It's extremely warm and looks very nice on.

I paid 56 for it last year. I think it's around the same price now.

The have a few similar versions. Some look a bit not boyish some a bit more girlish. But imo, you can do both for both of you want.
The also have adult coats.

If you live in cold weather, like I do, (we have a few weeks where the weather is in the teens or single digits) you need down filled very filled coats. The poly filled isn't warm enough. Or the down filled packable coats aren't warm enough for little kids either imo.

Thanks for this. Super helpful. Can you let me know what you decide for ur 4.5 year old? I have the same issue. Also can u link exact coat? There are a few different styles

bsy

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 1:12 pm
I ordered a landsend down coat for my 5 year old. It was 28 on sale today
https://www.landsend.com/produ.....image

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 1:15 pm
bsy wrote:

Can you please link it?

bsy

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 1:16 pm
amother Papaya wrote:
Can you please link it?

I edited to include the link

YounginBP

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 1:56 pm
Busybee5 wrote:
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/1005005887642031.html?spm=a2g0n.detail.1000014.11.7c812882e5s6w8&gps-id=platformRecommendH5&scm=1007.18499.332340.0&scm_id=1007.18499.332340.0&scm-url=1007.18499.332340.0&pvid=fd7b1524-d49a-4afe-8d70-530dc015c93d&_t=gps-id:platformRecommendH5,scm-url:1007.18499.332340.0,pvid:fd7b1524-d49a-4afe-8d70-530dc015c93d,tpp_buckets:668%232846%238116%232002&pdp_npi=4%40dis%21GBP%2199.68%2144.86%21%21%21118.22%21%21%40211b613916968632245476219e24b3%2112000034713314443%21rec%21UK%214443114539%21

I found one from that seller.
They look gorgeous. Do they run very small?

Notice the AP in the description. See details here. I know nothing first hand tho.

https://alipicks.com/product-c.....wear/

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 2:02 pm
amother Petunia wrote:

I got the other Gap coats, the parka ones, and for some reason they also don't seem very warm. They have a PrimaLoft filling, not down. They're also long and I don't love the look. I would keep them if I know for sure they're warm, but IDK why they don't seem like it.
I don't mind spending 60, up to 70, but not more. Can you link what you get?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 2:05 pm
bsy wrote:

It's 70 now, and no free shipping or free returns.

bsy

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 2:07 pm
amother OP wrote:
It's 70 now, and no free shipping or free returns.

I added to cart and in cart it says 27.99. With 10 dollar shipping it's 37

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 3:03 pm
bsy wrote:
I added to cart and in cart it says 27.99. With 10 dollar shipping it's 37

idk what to say, maybe you have a diff coupon code. My total in my cart is 65. (I realized it's a 70 discount so the price is now 55 plus shipping.)

bsy

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 3:05 pm
Now it's showing 55. Until now it was 28 in cart and I ordered 2 navy ones in different sizes.

Tzutzie

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 3:24 pm
YounginBP wrote:
Notice the AP in the description. See details here. I know nothing first hand tho.

https://alipicks.com/product-c.....wear/

These are super warm. But zipper isn't best quality. Still worth it imo.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 3:31 pm
Tzutzie wrote:

Can you link better one?

goodgirl

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 3:46 pm
Tzutzie wrote:

Can you link which one you got?

goodgirl

Post Tue, Oct 10 2023, 3:35 pm
goodgirl wrote:
Can you link which one you got?

Bump. I really want to order but it’s not so cheap so want to make sure I’m getting the right ones

Tzutzie

Post Sun, Oct 15 2023, 3:08 pm
sorry it's been kinda crazy here. finally got to actually sit down at the computer and so some winter shopping.
(ie cozy pjs, jackets.2 of my kids don't have! they've been wearing sweaters but mostly they are in and out of the car for school or home with me so not to bad. but they do need jackets too... and winter coats.}

anyhoo, here is the link of what I got for my older girls. I'm getting the same for my son now.

and here is the Orangemom store on aliexpress.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics