Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Something you really wanted as a kid...
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

mommy9

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 4:21 pm
Chayalle wrote:
A cabbage patch doll. They were in when I was about 8. I dreamed of getting one. (I got a cheap knock-off).

One of my nieces wanted an elephant. I still remember the tantrum she had when her mother wouldn't buy her one, after she saw one at the circus. I told her kids about it, and they cracked up that their mother wanted that....

We asked my daughter what she wanted as a prize for staying dry. She said an elephant. We didn't know if she meant a real one or not but we didn't ask. We got her a stuffed one. She is now BH grown up, married and almost a mother. I hope she isn't scarred that we only got her a fake elephant.

zaq

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 5:21 pm
writinggirl wrote:
When I was a kid I really wanted a sewing machine. I made my parents crazy about it!
What is something that you were dying for as a kid that you can now look back at and laugh about?

This is laughable only if you never had any interest in sewing but just wanted the machine. Why would you think it's laughable if you really wanted to learn how to sew?

writinggirl

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 5:39 pm
zaq wrote:
This is laughable only if you never had any interest in sewing but just wanted the machine. Why would you think it's laughable if you really wanted to learn how to sew?

I was around 8. Machines were pretty expensive. I think it’s funny that I literally dreamed about it.

gigglemom

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 6:20 pm
playmobil! and tiny lego! (a real tomboy lol)

gigglemom

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 6:21 pm
and a puppy lol

my mama

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 6:33 pm
All the books in the world! I was obsessed with reading everything.

Miranda Wright

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 8:14 pm
A specific stuffed monkey in the bowling alley grab-it machine. I still remember it.

mdogzz

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 8:23 pm
A remote control car.
Sidenote but I got my kids a remote control car that they can sit inside just so I could drive them around with the remote. It's a win-win because they absolutely love riding in it and I absolutely love drving it.

Flip Flops

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 8:36 pm
A JUICY SWEATER!!!!

smores

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 8:48 pm
ugg boots

imamommy5

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 8:56 pm
mdogzz wrote:
A remote control car.
Sidenote but I got my kids a remote control car that they can sit inside just so I could drive them around with the remote. It's a win-win because they absolutely love riding in it and I absolutely love drving it.

ok that sounds so cool!
Where did you get that!

saralem

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 9:00 pm
Gogo boots! IYKYK.

mommyfish

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 9:18 pm
Steve Madden platform shoes. All the cool kids had them.

true me

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 9:28 pm
mdogzz wrote:
A remote control car.

I like this one!
Never dreamed about it, I'm starting to dream now! LOL

Gt

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 9:38 pm
A real horse !! (We lived in an attached house in Brooklyn lol)

Tzutzie

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 9:54 pm
An electric toy car and a razor power scooter. They became a "thing" when I was a little too old to ride one and I always wished I'd have one. (Not that my parents could afford to buy me one anyway!)

Now as an adult, bh my kids have all the fun and games I wished I had.
Sometimes I think it's too much. But mostly I'm happy they get to enjoy it.
Especially the motor car!!! It's been used and abused for about a year now. My 4 yo son is obsessed with it. Unless there is ice on the driveway he is driving it every single day. Rain, snow or sunshine. Scorching heat or temperatures below freezing point, didn't matter. This tiny human child was sitting behind that wheel zooming around like he owns the entire world! I have some pictures last year of a tiny petite 3 year old all bundled up in freezing weather w a red nose and watering eyes and the biggest smile sitting on "his" car.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 9:55 pm
Wow some of you are really young! Some of the stuff you wanted is my kids' age...didn't exist when I was growing up.

I feel really spoiled reading some of your wants.....I had several pairs of Keds sneakers as a teen. My mother found them for me in Marshalls.

ap

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 9:56 pm
An older sister

TheCoolMom

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 10:12 pm
Stars wrote:
American girl dolls! I don’t know why I wanted them. I was never really the playing with dolls type

Same!
I had beautiful China dolls and loads of other dolls and toys but they wouldn’t get the American girl doll because they thought it was wrong to buy into that agenda.
I had relatives who wanted to get them for us as birthday gifts and they wouldn’t let.

jewishmom5

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 10:14 pm
Glasses and braces. I wanted to be like almost every girl in my class who had both. I even got my mother to take me to an orthodontist to see if there was any chance of me needing braces...
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics