Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
PSA $350 bonus for opening checking acct - expired
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 10:43 am
notshanarishona wrote:
I am looking at the fine print, looks like I am ineligible if I already have a capital one 360 checking account?

I’m not sure but it makes sense that they probably wouldn’t give you the bonus if you already have an account Sad They’re trying to get people to sign up for the account.

But if your account isn’t joint and your husband doesn’t have his own account then you can do it for him!

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 11:08 am
Is there a fee to directly deposit from another account?

amother
Lily

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 11:13 am
fyi I checked the offer and it does have to be a steady transfer like payroll

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 11:14 am
amother Lily wrote:

That's what I thought. But OP says she transferred from a checking account.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 11:16 am
amother Lily wrote:

It does not have to be. I researched this offer before creating the account to make sure - most people just transferred money in from their own accounts and all got the bonuses. And it worked for both me and my husband Smile We’re used to direct deposit meaning from our employers but it can also just mean a direct deposit from anyone including your other checking account.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 11:17 am
amother Wine wrote:
Is there a fee to directly deposit from another account?

Your bank will tell you if there’s a fee. I believe wiring the money would incur a fee but I was able to just transfer, not wire, and there was no fee.

notshanarishona

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 11:24 am
amother OP wrote:
I’m not sure but it makes sense that they probably wouldn’t give you the bonus if you already have an account Sad They’re trying to get people to sign up for the account.

But if your account isn’t joint and your husband doesn’t have his own account then you can do it for him!

He has one already

rikki 1

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 12:59 pm
What do you do with the account after you receive the bonus- do you have a fee or a minumum to keep it open or do you close the account?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 7:55 pm
rikki 1 wrote:
What do you do with the account after you receive the bonus- do you have a fee or a minumum to keep it open or do you close the account?

No fees or account minimum! It’s actually a great account. I really should start using it instead of chase because Chase has minimums balance requirements that drive me crazy.

relaxation

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 8:03 pm
how long must the account be open for ?

amother
Vanilla

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 8:05 pm
amother OP wrote:
It does not need to be direct deposit from your employer - it can be a deposit from your own other checking account. I just transferred money from my chase checking and I got the bonus.

Interesting, because the fine print says a money transfer won’t work, it needs to be a deposit from an employer or Govt institution.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 8:19 pm
relaxation wrote:
how long must the account be open for ?

There’s no limit on that.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 8:23 pm
amother Vanilla wrote:
Interesting, because the fine print says a money transfer won’t work, it needs to be a deposit from an employer or Govt institution.

The fine print says -

A Qualifying Direct Deposit is a regular periodic payment, such as salary, pension, government payments (for example, Social Security), or other monthly income that occurs as an Automated Clearing House (ACH) or Real-Time Payment network credit from your employer or an outside institution. ACH credits or fund transfers initiated via the Capital One website or mobile app and wires are not considered a Qualifying Direct Deposit.

Your checking account at your usual bank is an outside institution. They don’t seem to be checking if it’s a monthly payment because they pay out before a month has passed.

amother
Vanilla

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 10:34 am
amother OP wrote:
The fine print says -

A Qualifying Direct Deposit is a regular periodic payment, such as salary, pension, government payments (for example, Social Security), or other monthly income that occurs as an Automated Clearing House (ACH) or Real-Time Payment network credit from your employer or an outside institution. ACH credits or fund transfers initiated via the Capital One website or mobile app and wires are not considered a Qualifying Direct Deposit.

Your checking account at your usual bank is an outside institution. They don’t seem to be checking if it’s a monthly payment because they pay out before a month has passed.

Ok I set it up! They automatically linked my Chase account and asked if I wanted to transfer so I did $250. Does that count as 1? And how soon can I deposit the next 250?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 10:36 am
amother Vanilla wrote:
Ok I set it up! They automatically linked my Chase account and asked if I wanted to transfer so I did $250. Does that count as 1? And how soon can I deposit the next 250?

I actually see that the fine print says the transfer needs to be made from within your chase account so the transfer you did doesn’t count. Transfer $250 twice from your checking account to the Capitol one account. No need to wait between transactions.

relaxation

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 10:55 am
amother OP wrote:
There’s no limit on that.
I mean minumim after how long can I close the account ?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 10:56 am
relaxation wrote:
I mean minumim after how long can I close the account ?

However long you want! There’s no rule about it.

amother
Vanilla

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 10:58 am
amother OP wrote:
I actually see that the fine print says the transfer needs to be made from within your chase account so the transfer you did doesn’t count. Transfer $250 twice from your checking account to the Capitol one account. No need to wait between transactions.

Thanks for all the info! Can I use the money in the account or do I need to have the minimum balance of 500 to get the bonus

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 11:09 am
amother Vanilla wrote:
Thanks for all the info! Can I use the money in the account or do I need to have the minimum balance of 500 to get the bonus

Good question. Seems like the transfer is all that’s needed but I kept the money in the account and didn’t use it or transfer it out until I got the bonus.

amother
Clover

Post Tue, Oct 03 2023, 11:52 pm
How long did it take to receive the bonus?

Did anyone else get the bonus by doing a transfer from another brands personal bank acct ?
Page 2 of 10   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Recent Topics