Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
PSA $350 bonus for opening checking acct - expired
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next

amother
Strawberry

Post Wed, Oct 25 2023, 2:36 pm
amother Chestnut wrote:
Bumping up since this offer expires Oct 30

Thank you, I thought upthread it was said to go until January?

theoneandonly

Post Wed, Oct 25 2023, 2:46 pm
Can I open up the two accounts for me and my husband from the same computer or do they track IP addresses?
Anyone opened for more than just themselves and DH? (Eg if I want to help out family members and open a bunch of accounts for different ppl, anyone know if it will be flagged?)

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 25 2023, 2:48 pm
theoneandonly wrote:
Can I open up the two accounts for me and my husband from the same computer or do they track IP addresses?
Anyone opened for more than just themselves and DH? (Eg if I want to help out family members and open a bunch of accounts for different ppl, anyone know if it will be flagged?)

You can definitely open for yourself and your husband on the same computer. Don’t know if it would be flagged if you do more than that, I’d guess not.

amother
DarkYellow

Post Wed, Oct 25 2023, 3:25 pm
Question: did anyone get the bonus by transferring from a current savings account at a different bank to their new capitol one savings account- not using zelle?

amother
Chestnut

Post Wed, Oct 25 2023, 3:44 pm
amother Strawberry wrote:
Thank you, I thought upthread it was said to go until January?

Yup, they changed it

amother
Cappuccino

Post Wed, Oct 25 2023, 5:30 pm
theoneandonly wrote:

It's per ss # so it shouldn't be an issue.
They even ask you if your using a public computer.

I wasn't approved right away it took a day.
I did It for my husband and he was approved on the spot.
(I think they didn't approve me immediately because although I have had multiple bank accounts with TD, Santander, Chase, and more, (I do this for a living JK 😜) this is the the first account I am opening under my married name and my first Capital One account)

Thanks OP!
Your instructions were very helpful, particularly about using the transfer option, I think I would have done wire inadvertently..

amother
DarkYellow

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 8:42 am
amother DarkYellow wrote:
Question: did anyone get the bonus by transferring from a current savings account at a different bank to their new capitol one savings account- not using zelle?

If anyone can weigh in on this, that would be great. Also do you get an email once the transfers are done that you’ll be getting the bonus?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 8:47 am
amother DarkYellow wrote:
If anyone can weigh in on this, that would be great. Also do you get an email once the transfers are done that you’ll be getting the bonus?

The capital one account is a checking account, not a savings account.

I transferred from my chase checking to the capital one account, didn’t use zelle. It worked. Should work the same for you transferring from a savings account.

You do not get notified that the transfers were successful, the money just shows up without notice in the capital one account after a week or two or three.

amother
DarkYellow

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 1:12 pm
amother OP wrote:
The capital one account is a checking account, not a savings account.

I transferred from my chase checking to the capital one account, didn’t use zelle. It worked. Should work the same for you transferring from a savings account.

You do not get notified that the transfers were successful, the money just shows up without notice in the capital one account after a week or two or three.

Thank you. I initiated two transfer from my other bank account to this one and hope it
Works and I get the bonus. Thank you op for being so gracious and generous with your
Time and advice

amother
RosePink

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 1:42 pm
The code is expired Sad

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 1:45 pm
amother RosePink wrote:
The code is expired Sad

It shouldn’t be yet, the webpage linked in my first post says it expires October 30th.

amother
Stoneblue

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 11:49 am
How long does it normally take to get the bonus? Just want to make sure I did it correctly.

creativecookie

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 11:53 am
Does anyone know when is the expiration date for the transfers? I already opened the account

Last edited by creativecookie on Sun, Oct 29 2023, 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 11:53 am
amother Stoneblue wrote:
How long does it normally take to get the bonus? Just want to make sure I did it correctly.

1-3 weeks normally.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 12:05 pm
creativecookie wrote:
Does anyone know when is the expiration date for the transfers? I already opened the account

According to the link in my first post, it looks like you have 75 days from when you opened the account to deposit the funds. The deadline for opening the account is October 30.

amother
Cappuccino

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 12:07 pm
amother OP wrote:
According to the link in my first post, it looks like you have 75 days from when you opened the account to deposit the funds. The deadline for opening the account is October 30.

I thought it was a extended to January?

Odyssey

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 10:32 am
Hi thank you for sharing this information. Is there a minimum balance you need to keep in this account? If I want to eventually close my account are there any issues doing that?
Thanks

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 10:33 am
Odyssey wrote:
Hi thank you for sharing this information. Is there a minimum balance you need to keep in this account? If I want to eventually close my account are there any issues doing that?
Thanks

No minimum balance required and no issues closing the account at any point.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 10:34 am
amother Cappuccino wrote:
I thought it was a extended to January?

Doesn’t look like it was.

seeker

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 5:41 pm
amother RosePink wrote:
The code is expired Sad

Worked for me. I didn't see a place to enter a code but I went through the link in OP and it applied automatically.
Page 5 of 10   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Recent Topics