Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
I spent $1,000 only on tights
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

amother
Jade

Post Fri, Sep 29 2023, 3:03 am
For those that said they bought 2 pairs shabbos tights , please let me in on the secret, which ones do you buy?? My girls manage to destroy theirs and they rip/pimple etc.
Op, if $1,000 was just on tights, how much did you spend on their actual clothing in all? Something tells me that the 1,000 on tights is a small drop in the bucket compared to the rest of their wardrobe and shoes...

amother
Bone

Post Fri, Sep 29 2023, 3:16 am
amother Moonstone wrote:
If you use sweater tights for weekday they end up going on sale. I stock up when they go on sale for like $2-4 a pair and buy for the next year. It saves a ton.
when and where do they go on sale? It’s an evergreen item as far as I kno

mom24.7

Post Fri, Sep 29 2023, 5:58 am
1k sounds excessive but really shbs tights last max 3 weeks without getting a hole. Maybe I spread out my purchasing them but I think I go through more than 7 pairs in 6 months for shbs for my girls. Talking about basic black microfiber. Weekday lasts longer but also eventually can hole at the toe. Some mend them, my kids claim theyre not comfortable anymore that way.

Golde

Post Fri, Sep 29 2023, 6:18 am
So you guys don't have any tights you can pass down from one DD to the next? Every single one needs several new ones every season?

We use cotton tights so I guess they last better than the thinner varieties.

amother
Magnolia

Post Fri, Sep 29 2023, 6:21 am
amother Cappuccino wrote:
No sympathy here. You're clearly overshopping and overspending. Getva grip. Stores aren't shuttered, and your children won't be naked. Do you stock up on Bounty for the year as well?

sock store in Lakewood was sold out in many sizes for both socks and tights... the stores only restock on the basic ribbed...
Such a pain this pressure to by all at the beginning of season...

amother
Nemesia

Post Fri, Sep 29 2023, 6:25 am
amother Magnolia wrote:
sock store in Lakewood was sold out in many sizes for both socks and tights... the stores only restock on the basic ribbed...
Such a pain this pressure to by all at the beginning of season...

Of course the stores sold out ... when some are stockpiling!
Isn't it similar to having multiple pacifiers - when you have more than needed, it's easier to be careless and lose them (or rip them in this case)

bsy

Post Fri, Sep 29 2023, 6:39 am
mom24.7 wrote:
1k sounds excessive but really shbs tights last max 3 weeks without getting a hole. Maybe I spread out my purchasing them but I think I go through more than 7 pairs in 6 months for shbs for my girls. Talking about basic black microfiber. Weekday lasts longer but also eventually can hole at the toe. Some mend them, my kids claim theyre not comfortable anymore that way.

My daughter hasn't ripped tights in years. Maybe make sure her nails are cut?

amother
Camellia

Post Fri, Sep 29 2023, 6:50 am
mom39 wrote:
The owner of the hosiery store was happy to see you!!!

I’m just glad I wasn’t standing on line behind OP when checking out!

amother
Camellia

Post Fri, Sep 29 2023, 6:54 am
Perrys wrote:
I was just in a store and condor tights are between 17 and 30 dollars. I was in shock. I bought one pair of latte colored meimoe for my daughter ( still not cheap but better

I don’t have personal experience, but someone told me she buys condor since they don’t rip, and so she doesn’t have to replace them.

imaima

Post Fri, Sep 29 2023, 7:07 am
Golde wrote:
So you guys don't have any tights you can pass down from one DD to the next? Every single one needs several new ones every season?

We use cotton tights so I guess they last better than the thinner varieties.

That rarely works for me

amother
Birch

Post Fri, Sep 29 2023, 7:44 am
I'm kind of glad I only have one daughter now! But really I want another one, tights and all! Very Happy

teachkids

Post Fri, Sep 29 2023, 7:47 am
My kids are young enough we just do target or children's place tights for around $5 a pair I think and about half the pairs survive a second season.
How much does a single pair of tights in the Jewish stores cost?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 29 2023, 7:53 am
mom24.7 wrote:

Thanks for being a voice of reason.
😊

amother
Crystal

Post Fri, Sep 29 2023, 7:56 am
Please can someone post a so called weekday pair and a shabbos pair for a little girl. Thanks!

amother
Yolk

Post Fri, Sep 29 2023, 8:21 am
amother Nemesia wrote:
Of course the stores sold out ... when some are stockpiling!
Isn't it similar to having multiple pacifiers - when you have more than needed, it's easier to be careless and lose them (or rip them in this case)

Why so rude? It's not stockpiling.
I buy what I need for the season at the beginning of the season. 6 school tights, 4 weekday, 4 shabbos per kid is 14 pairs. It's not excessive or stockpiling. It's what we need.

mom24.7

Post Fri, Sep 29 2023, 8:22 am
bsy wrote:
My daughter hasn't ripped tights in years. Maybe make sure her nails are cut?

Been there done that. There's the kid who is hard on her shoes those rip faster. The kid who shleps them up constantly no matter the size, those get runs. In the summer it's worse. Nude for girls is practically disposable. The chassidish ones who wear white tights shbs.... Those get stained too. Even worse. Now I don't have 8 daughters but 7 tights from succos to pesach for shbs in microfiber opaque doesn't seem excessive at all. I may even go through more. For the younger I'll try to do modal shbs or textured cotton type so that would probably be 3-4 pairs approx.

mom24.7

Post Fri, Sep 29 2023, 8:25 am
amother Crystal wrote:
Please can someone post a so called weekday pair and a shabbos pair for a little girl. Thanks!

Shbs tights
https://toetallyyou.com/memoi-.....ghts/
Weekday tights
https://toetallyyou.com/spot-o.....ghts/

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 29 2023, 8:26 am
professor wrote:
that was my first reaction to the thread title... like, whoa! How many kids does this woman have??? Also, why so few for weekday, if each gets 7 pairs for shabbos?

Because the weekday ones are much stronger than the Shabbos ones.
Thank you everyone for giving all of your opinions and letting me know what you buy and what you do!
It was interesting to hear how you make it work and to learn that some did get a heter to wash on yomtov.
This is what works for my family and I’m happy to hear that for many posters this feels extravagant , makes me feel super lucky that I can do this and makes me understand that others don’t need it and that’s because they’re much better balebustas and are very on top of things and even with very little their kids still always have what they need.
Have a beautiful yomtov, with just enough socks and tights for the whole family!

amother
Celeste

Post Fri, Sep 29 2023, 8:26 am
amother OP wrote:
That’s what I think.
I’m a very busy person, I try to go to the hosiery story just one time in the beginning of each season!
Truth is I can afford it bh. I’m not worried how to pay for it myself, I’m just wondering how everyone else is doing it.
So everyone else spreads it out, and many will go to the hosiery store again soon I guess.

Not all my girls rip so many tights.

amother
Crystal

Post Fri, Sep 29 2023, 8:27 am
mom24.7 wrote:
Shbs tights
https://toetallyyou.com/memoi-.....ghts/
Weekday tights
https://toetallyyou.com/spot-o.....ghts/

Thank you!
Page 7 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics