Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
I am an INFJ/enneagram 4 AMA
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 10:26 pm
daagahminayin wrote:
I was being tongue-in-cheek - the skeptical side of my INFJ personality coming out!

IYH you will meet the right person at the right time soon!!!

Amen!

Lol in the joking part. I thought you were serious. Gullible I am at times.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 10:29 pm
giftedmom wrote:
Then I’d advise you to close your eyes and go into marketing. For as long as you need. It’ll get your creative juices flowing and keep you afloat financially.

I hear you.

Maybe I’ll go back.

courage2change

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 11:52 pm
I love personality tests so I was excited about this forum!!! I'm an ENFP with a type 9 in the enneagram, but I relate to types 4 and 7! I can't figure out if my childhood trauma affected my personality type because as a kid I was so full of emotions and energy and recently with the help of therapy I'm rediscovering myself!! Hi Anyone has heard of this happening?!!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 06 2023, 2:06 am
courage2change wrote:
I love personality tests so I was excited about this forum!!! I'm an ENFP with a type 9 in the enneagram, but I relate to types 4 and 7! I can't figure out if my childhood trauma affected my personality type because as a kid I was so full of emotions and energy and recently with the help of therapy I'm rediscovering myself!! Hi Anyone has heard of this happening?!!

Definitely.

There is nature and nurture. Probably best to size up how we behave when we are not stuck in the maelstrom of traumatically induced mood/behavior/interests in order to come to a correct conclusion.

amother
Bisque

Post Fri, Oct 06 2023, 2:10 am
Where can I take an accurate test? Can you post a link?

ssspectacular

Post Fri, Oct 06 2023, 11:33 am
amother OP wrote:
What about careers? I’ve done marketing for a very long time but I don’t have any interest in it as I find there is so much greed and dishonesty in the field.

Still- whenever I think of working on becoming a therapist because I feel so strongly for and actually get humans, I get cold feet because I cannot stand toxic people. I have plenty of compassion for them but cannot stand them all at the same time.

Thoughts?

Hi OP,
I'm the same-INFJ , 4 and 5 on the enneagram. I actually became a therapist now as a second career and I'm enjoying it. For me, my fear was that I would be too pained by clients' suffering and it would affect my life. Bh that hasn't happened.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 06 2023, 3:51 pm
ssspectacular wrote:
Hi OP,
I'm the same-INFJ , 4 and 5 on the enneagram. I actually became a therapist now as a second career and I'm enjoying it. For me, my fear was that I would be too pained by clients' suffering and it would affect my life. Bh that hasn't happened.

That’s so interesting!

As I wrote above I had a rough experience with an abusive ex so I don’t feel ready to treat them clinically now. Still too raw …. but it’s nice to hear this! And congrats on your new license!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 06 2023, 3:52 pm
amother Bisque wrote:
Where can I take an accurate test? Can you post a link?

Personalityjunkie
Truity

I believe those are common. The prior is known to be a good one.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 4:24 pm
Hi fellow sensitive nf souls-

How are you dealing w/ the Israel trauma?

How you holding up?

giftedmom

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 4:29 pm
amother OP wrote:

How you holding up?

Currently in survival mode, ie coping better than most as I have experience. It gets harder as I heal from trauma though and allow myself to feel more.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 5:43 pm
giftedmom wrote:
Currently in survival mode, ie coping better than most as I have experience. It gets harder as I heal from trauma though and allow myself to feel more.

Similar sentiments here.

Allowing myself to feel, do less, accept how paralyzed I feel.

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 5:59 pm
amother OP wrote:

How you holding up?

Pretty bad for me last night. A lot of crying, dissociation, psychosomatic physical symptoms like numbness and physical aches, a small amount of panic. Today, I'm better just very preoccupied. I want to take a break from the news but I can't seem to stop constantly checking. I'm very careful not to see disturbing images or videos. I just feel this so heavily, I think I'm an empath. It becomes bigger than the fear and loss, it brings up lots of existential thoughts for me. I know that the wave of emotion is sitting just below the surface and it's taking enormous amount of energy for me to keep it at bay. It's too big for me to bear so I'm also staying away from inspirational videos and davening very little and with caution. I'm worried if I feel too much like last night I might have some sort of break with reality.

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 6:22 pm
I’m also a 4.

Do the other 4s here also feel that they are super perceptive of other peoples body language? Or what they are thinking? Super sensitive to others toxicity? & need to coat ourselves with Teflon almost ?
Like we just GET STUFF that others don’t ???

amother
Hawthorn

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 6:43 pm
amother Papaya wrote:
I’m also a 4.

Do the other 4s here also feel that they are super perceptive of other peoples body language? Or what they are thinking? Super sensitive to others toxicity? & need to coat ourselves with Teflon almost ?

YES
and the people around me don't appreciate me being able to read them so well. It digs into their privacy.

amother
Hawthorn

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 6:48 pm
amother OP wrote:

How you holding up?

I've dived deep into solution mode.
Keep the kids busy and occupied when there is no school.
Keep the house tidy.
Persuade my boss that I am going to have to work less hours this week.
Make sure we have everything we need without having to go out of the house.

and on and on

not letting myself see the news or feel because I have to function.

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 6:52 pm
amother Hawthorn wrote:
I've dived deep into solution mode.
Keep the kids busy and occupied when there is no school.
Keep the house tidy.
Persuade my boss that I am going to have to work less hours this week.
Make sure we have everything we need without having to go out of the house.

and on and on

not letting myself see the news or feel because I have to function.

Do you live in Israel?

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 7:05 pm
amother Hawthorn wrote:
YES
and the people around me don't appreciate me being able to read them so well. It digs into their privacy.

Just perceiving things doesn't dig into privacy. If you comment or ask or probe, they will get annoyed yup

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 8:51 pm
amother Blush wrote:
Pretty bad for me last night. A lot of crying, dissociation, psychosomatic physical symptoms like numbness and physical aches, a small amount of panic. Today, I'm better just very preoccupied. I want to take a break from the news but I can't seem to stop constantly checking. I'm very careful not to see disturbing images or videos. I just feel this so heavily, I think I'm an empath. It becomes bigger than the fear and loss, it brings up lots of existential thoughts for me. I know that the wave of emotion is sitting just below the surface and it's taking enormous amount of energy for me to keep it at bay. It's too big for me to bear so I'm also staying away from inspirational videos and davening very little and with caution. I'm worried if I feel too much like last night I might have some sort of break with reality.

Hugs.

Do you want to try a few things?

- If you have YouTube, yoga with Adrienne is a great channel and yoga is very good for high stress dissociation.

- Try the butterfly hug.

- Get out of your head and go do something! I did some closet organizing. (On days like today this was the best thing for me to help me function while the kids needed me.)

Hugs hugs hugs.

Btw when you feel like you are breaking with reality you can gently tell yourself ‘hey I see you- floating away over there’. This brings us back to the present.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 8:53 pm
amother Papaya wrote:
I’m also a 4.

Ha ha about the Teflon. Not sure any of these work. Not even Teflon.
I feel like toxic people/moods are just dangerous for my mental health.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 8:55 pm
amother Blush wrote:
Just perceiving things doesn't dig into privacy. If you comment or ask or probe, they will get annoyed yup

Sometimes people can pick up that we perceive what’s really going on.

That’s why I try not to look directly into the eyes of someone talking to me- I look at their ears…past them then back to eye contact….keep my eyes moving,,.because the stare is uncomfortable.
I learned this trick from Elaine Aron’s book- the highly sensitive person. Lifesaver book.
Page 5 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics