Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
What’s one addition you added/ wud have like to in your home
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Holly

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 7:34 am
NechaMom wrote:
#4 2 bathrooms in the master bedroom

Is that a thing? I've never heard of that.

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 7:39 am
My mother always says that she wishes they put more bathrooms upstairs where the kids rooms are (there's already a guest room with a private bathroom downstairs). At the time she wasn't in the mindset since we were all little but now that most of us are married when we all come it would be nice to have more bathrooms upstairs

Bnei Berak 10

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 7:53 am
Question: when stating bathroom it means a toilet with sink with shower and/or bathtub?

amother
Holly

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 7:54 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
Question: when stating bathroom it means a toilet with sink with shower and/or bathtub?

Could mean either just a toilet (half bath), or with a shower/ bathtub (full bath).

Bnei Berak 10

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 7:59 am
amother Holly wrote:
Could mean either just a toilet (half bath), or with a shower/ bathtub (full bath).

Thanks for explanation
And my next question is why Americans seem to have such a need of all the bathrooms?
Guess my priorities are kind of different, personally I would want a pesach kitchen and walk in pantry and a normal laundry room.

amother
Hosta

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 7:59 am
A safe room.
I live in NJ. At this time, that is what I feel like my house is missing.
Would gladly take that over a Pesach Kitchen.

amother
Magenta

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 8:04 am
I’m grateful for

Pesach Kitchen
Private entrance guest suite
Window in the master bathroom
Huge tub in master bathroom

Should have

Pocket doors to dr and kitchen

essie14

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 8:27 am
amother Holly wrote:
Is that a thing? I've never heard of that.

Yes, many luxury homes have his/her bathrooms in the primary suite.
Dh wants it in our next home Smile

cupcake123

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 8:32 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
Thanks for explanation
And my next question is why Americans seem to have such a need of all the bathrooms?
Guess my priorities are kind of different, personally I would want a pesach kitchen and walk in pantry and a normal laundry room.

I guess it's a matter of preference for me even if I had a nice size house I wouldn't want a pesach kitchen... why have a chunck of your house useful for only 7/365 days?
Bathrooms otoh make it so comfortable for guest/married kids. When I'm by my mom and the room doesn't have a bathroom attached I need to put on a skirt/snood.... and when I'm pregnant I go a few times in middle of the night...

Chayalle

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 8:36 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:

I'll probably just do a toilet and sink, at least that....no room really for a tub or shower in the space.

Itsallfromhim

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 8:38 am
I’d love a girls cave. A room just for me - for my office / my hobby’s / my zen space decorated in a bohemian way

amother
Cognac

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 8:40 am
Wrap around porch- covered
Home office off my bedroom so hubby can be close late in the night
Sun room
Wish I had a jacuzzi in my master bathroom

amother
Hydrangea

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 8:45 am
cupcake123 wrote:
I guess it's a matter of preference for me even if I had a nice size house I wouldn't want a pesach kitchen... why have a chunck of your house useful for only 7/365 days?
Bathrooms otoh make it so comfortable for guest/married kids. When I'm by my mom and the room doesn't have a bathroom attached I need to put on a skirt/snood.... and when I'm pregnant I go a few times in middle of the night...

I think it makes the whole pesach process so much easier. You can start cooking before and freeze. I do this for every YT and not being able to do it for pesach makes it SO much more stressful! That's why I want a pesach kitchen. And what I mean by that is an oven/stove. A few cabinets. A counter and a sink. Nothing fancy or big.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 8:48 am
cupcake123 wrote:

Why skirt when a bathrobe is so much easier?

Bnei Berak 10

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 8:52 am
amother Cognac wrote:
Wrap around porch- covered
Home office off my bedroom so hubby can be close late in the night
Sun room
Wish I had a jacuzzi in my master bathroom

Jacuzzis are so so unhygienic, you don't want to know the disgusting gunk it harbours until you see it Puke

Bnei Berak 10

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 9:00 am
cupcake123 wrote:

Pesach kitchen saves you tons of work. No turning over. No kashering anything.
As long as you have help to do all that work it's less of an issue. The day they are all married and you have zero help you will understand.

amother
Lemonlime

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 9:02 am
1. one or more guest suites with their own entrance downstairs.
2. Pesach prep area/kitchen if I have a lot of space to play with
3. Laundry room with hanging space.
4. Master bedroom suite with bathroom next to bedroom, but not leading of it. Really great bathtub and shower in it and a walk in wardrobe room.
6. Lots of storage

Otherwise I really don't want a very big house with lots of extra rooms.

cupcake123

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 9:03 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
Pesach kitchen saves you tons of work. No turning over. No kashering anything.
As long as you have help to do all that work it's less of an issue. The day they are all married and you have zero help you will understand.

That's why I said it's a preference... I totally get why someone would want one for me I'd rather have the space elsewhere.
And my kids are all little so no help 😊 I just don't cook so much in advance and yeah the 3 days before are hectic

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 10:20 am
cupcake123 wrote:
That's why I said it's a preference... I totally get why someone would want one for me I'd rather have the space elsewhere.
And my kids are all little so no help 😊 I just don't cook so much in advance and yeah the 3 days before are hectic

I agree. You have to know who you are and how you work. I do marathon cooking for a few days before yom tov. I wouldn't really use a pesach kitchen because I'm not so organized that I'd cook for weeks/months before. Also I would anyway want to have my main kitchen usable as I don't have that much space, so once I need it clean enough, it isn't so major to turn over.
I do dream of my ensuite bathroom. I dislike having to get dressed when I need the bathroom in the middle of the night or early morning, as I often sleep barely dressed, or if we have guests.

amother
Amaranthus

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 11:35 am
I would want a huge tub and shower in master bedroom
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating