Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Crazy Raizy
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, Dec 07 2023, 12:49 am
amother Dustypink wrote:
Reizel and Roiza are two different names and two different meanings.
Roizy is a rose so it is shoshana.
Reizel is a different word, it doesn't mean rose.

By chasidim they are two different names.
Maybe the meaning is similar but they are not interchangeable

amother
Dustypink

Post Thu, Dec 07 2023, 12:58 am
amother Aqua wrote:
agreed

amother
Dustypink

Post Thu, Dec 07 2023, 12:58 am
amother Denim wrote:
Two variations of the same word. Some consider it to still be one name (I.e. would choose one over the other for preference), some consider it to be completely separate. But both mean rose.

Iโ€™d like to think I know what my name meansโ€ฆ
sorry. I didn't realize this is personal.

cnc

Post Thu, Dec 07 2023, 1:00 am
amother Aqua wrote:

Exactly . I know families with both a Roiza and a Raizy(Raizel) , in some cases siblings and in other cases mother and daughter.

amother
Aubergine

Post Thu, Dec 07 2023, 1:01 am
If you're part of a community where the pronunciation varies, you can name her the other pronunciation.

amother
Dustypink

Post Thu, Dec 07 2023, 1:02 am
Op, I got a lot of backlash for not naming after a close grandmother, because I didn' t like the name.
All of our siblings gave that name but I had a bad association with that name so I did not give it. I knew there would be a lot of heat but I put myself first and foremost. The heat died down. I love my daughter's name.
After naming my daughter, like a month later when I was still getting a lot of nasty comments from mil and family about the name, I doubted my choice for a few days, because it really did hurt all those nasty comments. And I dreamed at night that her name is the name which I didn't give and I remember hating it so much in the dream and feeling terrible and upset that I gave that name and I woke up sooooooo relieved that it was just a dream. She's almost in shidduchim now and I still adore the name.

amother
Brass

Post Thu, Dec 07 2023, 7:43 am
๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿ‘‹ Iโ€™m Raizy ๐Ÿ˜Š
Always loved my name!!
Never been made fun of for it!

turca

Post Thu, Dec 07 2023, 11:00 am
amother Azalea wrote:
You're both right and wrong. Raizel and Roiza both mean rose, but unlike I had been told most of my life it appears that Shoshana in lashon kodesh actually means lily- not rose. I heard this literally only a few years ago. That's why it's k'shoshana bein hachochim- a rose grows between the thorns naturally but a lily doesn't belong their. It's like a sheep between wolves (like the passuk continues) not a natural state of being. In modern hebrew it is used for rose but if you're going by lashon kodesh it is not the same.

As per Shir haShirim .

amother
DarkRed

Post Thu, Dec 07 2023, 11:17 am
My niece is Raizel and they call her Rosie. It's adorable!

amother
Lightcyan

Post Thu, Dec 07 2023, 11:34 am
My cousins name is Raizy and her daughter's name is Roizy.
Initially I was stunned when I heard the baby's name for the first time until I learnt those are two different names.

amother
Calendula

Post Thu, Dec 07 2023, 12:38 pm
Reminds me of Ruchy Fuchy,
I'm so thankful I didn't have any girls named Ruchy. A dear relative of mine would for sure be busy all day with Ruchy Fuchy.

amother
Brickred

Post Thu, Dec 07 2023, 12:52 pm
I have both a raizy and a roizy in my friend group from school and im now realizing how many opportunities I had to make fun of them.

op I dont think you need to worry; raizy is such a common name and ive never heard someone be teased for it. I also think a name really depends on how the person carries it; if your daughter will be confident and think her name is pretty she'll be just fine Smile

amother
Lightcyan

Post Thu, Dec 07 2023, 1:35 pm
cnc wrote:
Exactly . I know families with both a Roiza and a Raizy(Raizel) , in some cases siblings and in other cases mother and daughter.

My niece is Raizel and her daughter is Roizy.

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Dec 07 2023, 6:43 pm
My daughter Raizy loves when we call her Raizy Daisy or Rosie.

Lemonade 2323

Post Thu, Dec 07 2023, 7:22 pm
Vered
Varda.
Same name as Raizel/Shoshana.

amother
Butterscotch

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 5:32 pm
My great great grandmother was Raiza, can you use that as a nickname instead of Raizy?
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names