Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Things that make you think, wow they are really wealthy!
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next

amother
Almond

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 8:41 am
imaima wrote:
How does large fit in here?
large-well fed or large family Laugh

Busybee5

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 9:23 am
amother Almond wrote:
large-well fed or large family Laugh

Actually large people are often given a lot of pasta,bread, potatoes etc.
Fruit and veg is expensive and often harder to feed the family with. Harder work . So with a cook that'll be sorted Very Happy

amother
Almond

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 9:25 am
amother Daffodil wrote:
Not that complicated actually. There are poskim that specialize in this field and they come down to your house while it’s being created to make sure it’s done right.
What does it cost??

amother
Daffodil

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 9:34 am
amother Almond wrote:
What does it cost??

Not cheap. It also depends on size because every square foot adds up to a lot.

I can find out If you need exact numbers. But this thread is for entertainment purposes I assume!

amother
Almond

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 9:38 am
amother Daffodil wrote:
Not cheap. It also depends on size because every square foot adds up to a lot.

I can find out If you need exact numbers. But this thread is for entertainment purposes I assume!

Was just curious.. When I'm rich it's on my list! Hate having to go..

amother
Ebony

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 9:40 am
The problem with a Women’s mikvah in your house is not that it’s complicated to make, it’s complicated to maintain according to Halacha and there is no hechsher on it. So for deoraisa one must still use a communal mikvah, unless they arrange with a mikvah rav privately to have it maintained to the right standard.
The people I know who have Mikvah’s in their house are for men, mostly heimish or chasidish and go regularly, if not daily. The women use it erev Yom kipur.

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 9:43 am
amother Jade wrote:
A friend has a cook who makes supper for her family every day. One day I was with her around suppertime when her DD called her that nobody likes what the cook made so they ordered takeout (from a fancy sit-down restaurant), if the mother wants something to be ordered for her. Turns out the cook had made the steaks sweet and they like it savory. To me that epitomized the wealth she lives with.

This is an example of how being rich does not necessarily make you happy. They have a great meal cooked by a private chef and they are still complaining….

amother
Daffodil

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 9:44 am
amother Ebony wrote:
The problem with a Women’s mikvah in your house is not that it’s complicated to make, it’s complicated to maintain according to Halacha and there is no hechsher on it. So for deoraisa one must still use a communal mikvah, unless they arrange with a mikvah rav privately to have it maintained to the right standard.
The people I know who have Mikvah’s in their house are for men, mostly heimish or chasidish and go regularly, if not daily. The women use it erev Yom kipur.

I humbly disagree.

The posek that is involved in the construction gives his hechsher. And they are not random Rabbis. They specialize in Mikvahs and are very trusted. And there’s no need to use a communal Mikvah.

Chassidish if it matters.

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 9:46 am
amother Daffodil wrote:
Not that complicated actually. There are poskim that specialize in this field and they come down to your house while it’s being created to make sure it’s done right.

By definition that’s complicated. And it it more complicated halachically. The water source is complicated.

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 9:52 am
doodlesmom wrote:

I actually know of someone who keeps a whole Brooklyn apartment just for their hobby which I thought must be cool!

Does the apartment come with a side “wife”?

amother
Ebony

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 9:53 am
amother Daffodil wrote:
I humbly disagree.

The posek that is involved in the construction gives his hechsher. And they are not random Rabbis. They specialize in Mikvahs and are very trusted. And there’s no need to use a communal Mikvah.

Chassidish if it matters.

For women or men?? It’s totally different. They give a hechsher on the construction, not the maintenance.

amother
Ebony

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 9:55 am
amother Royalblue wrote:
By definition that’s complicated. And it it more complicated halachically. The water source is complicated.

Yes especially the ratios of rainwater/ tap water, and the process for replacing the water. That’s the maintenance piece unrelated to the construction.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 10:58 am

Busybee5

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 12:16 pm
Who would the mikvah lady be? I wouldn't want my neighbour popping in for a few minutes seeing me naked 😂

I'd be very nervous with little kids in the house. I heard a terrible story once,a toddler got in and drowned.

doodlesmom

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 12:22 pm
amother Pearl wrote:
Does the apartment come with a side “wife”?

It’s actually a woman.
Interesting that everyone assumes it’s a man.

amother
Almond

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 12:25 pm
Busybee5 wrote:
Who would the mikvah lady be? I wouldn't want my neighbour popping in for a few minutes seeing me naked 😂

I'd be very nervous with little kids in the house. I heard a terrible story once,a toddler got in and drowned.

Dh!

amother
Oleander

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 12:27 pm
amother Almond wrote:
Dh!

Nope

Busybee5

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 12:33 pm
doodlesmom wrote:
It’s actually a woman.

So does she have a side hubby? As well as the hobby ? Lol

amother
Almond

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 1:06 pm
amother Oleander wrote:
Nope
why

amother
Almond

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 1:07 pm
doodlesmom wrote:
It’s actually a woman.
I wouldn't think a woman would want another apartment to clean
Page 8 of 10   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Recent Topics