Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Things that make you think, wow they are really wealthy!
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next

Busybee5

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 1:08 pm
amother Almond wrote:
Dh!

Would this be allowed if there are women available? I mean it would be amazing! But I'm pretty sure it's only used as a last resort.

amother
Almond

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 1:09 pm
Busybee5 wrote:
Would this be allowed if there are women available? I mean it would be amazing! But I'm pretty sure it's only used as a last resort.
is it only bedieved? If u dip once b4..

Busybee5

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 1:19 pm
amother Almond wrote:
is it only bedieved? If u dip once b4..

I've no idea, it's not relevant to my life. I wouldn't want one in my house even if I could afford to. I am curious though! Who wants to ask their Rav this hypothetical question?! Very Happy

amother
Canary

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 2:22 pm
amother Royalblue wrote:
How is that rich? Many average people have the above

Maybe I have small ideas. I’ve squirreled away money here and there for big projects. However, my tights are ratty my shoes are worn and I feel like a shlepper when I see someone whose clothing is not wash and wear, tights look silky and shoes look new, it feels so luxe

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 2:27 pm
doodlesmom wrote:
It’s actually a woman.
Interesting that everyone assumes it’s a man.

Someone else responded that she knows someone who also has an extra apartment for a hobby and the wife doesn’t think it’s cool. That’s why I thought of a man.

amother
Yarrow

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 2:56 pm
People who buy dry-clean only outfits for their children.

Tao

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 6:22 pm
amother Pewter wrote:
This is an example of how being rich does not necessarily make you happy. They have a great meal cooked by a private chef and they are still complaining….

I mean we aren't rich and I'm my kids provate chef and they still complain LOL
It's not a rich thing, it's a kid thing! (although unfortunately for my kids they don't get the option for takeout if they don't like their dinner....)

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 6:22 pm
Two car Family. Being able to buy an apartment in Jerusalem within the last 2 years. Areas near Yirmiyahu, new parts in top of Romema. New furniture to furnish new apt. For many families, this is their vacation home.

amother
Almond

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 6:23 pm
amother Canary wrote:
Maybe I have small ideas. I’ve squirreled away money here and there for big projects. However, my tights are ratty my shoes are worn and I feel like a shlepper when I see someone whose clothing is not wash and wear, tights look silky and shoes look new, it feels so luxe
Can you keep a pair of shoes for better wear?
I handwash my tights and they wear well

amother
Chambray

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 6:32 pm
Busybee5 wrote:
I've no idea, it's not relevant to my life. I wouldn't want one in my house even if I could afford to. I am curious though! Who wants to ask their Rav this hypothetical question?! Very Happy

My in laws have a mikvah in their house. The neighbors use it for shabbos and Yom tov, but I have used it many times and had my husband 'supervise'. It is the most intimate experience ever.

My rav said that I have to be in the water before he comes into the room. I make sure to get underwater as he walks in so I am already kosher for him as soon as he sees me.

amother
Almond

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 6:33 pm
amother Chambray wrote:
My in laws have a mikvah in their house. The neighbors use it for shabbos and Yom tov, but I have used it many times and had my husband 'supervise'. It is the most intimate experience ever.

My rav said that I have to be in the water before he comes into the room. I make sure to get underwater as he walks in so I am already kosher for him as soon as he sees me.
So cool!
In the US?

Busybee5

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 6:34 pm
amother Tiffanyblue wrote:
Two car Family. Being able to buy an apartment in Jerusalem within the last 2 years. Areas near Yirmiyahu, new parts in top of Romema. New furniture to furnish new apt. For many families, this is their vacation home.

We're far from wealthy and have 2 cars. We buy used cars, but not too old. And the mileage can't be too high.

Busybee5

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 6:36 pm
amother Chambray wrote:

Wow that's cool! Do your in laws know when you use it? That's not so cool Wink

amother
Chambray

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 6:38 pm
amother Almond wrote:
So cool!
In the US?

Yes, we're in the tri-state area

amother
Chambray

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 6:40 pm
Busybee5 wrote:
Wow that's cool! Do your in laws know when you use it? That's not so cool Wink

They sometimes do, sometimes don't.

My hubs does a lot of the maintenance so he often takes care of the prep himself.

Though I did once dip on a winter shabbos when the heater was broken and the water was ice cold

Busybee5

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 6:42 pm
amother Chambray wrote:
They sometimes do, sometimes don't.

My hubs does a lot of the maintenance so he often takes care of the prep himself.

Though I did once dip on a winter shabbos when the heater was broken and the water was ice cold

Oh my. I wouldn't want them to know but maybe that's just me.
Ouch, that must've been so uncomfortable!!

amother
Chambray

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 6:48 pm
Busybee5 wrote:
Oh my. I wouldn't want them to know but maybe that's just me.
Ouch, that must've been so uncomfortable!!

I've shared this story so many times so hi anyone who knows me.

But when they finally got the mikvah done for the first shabbos I coincidentally needed to go. I was the first to use it and every adult in the house was so excited about it, dh's grandfather even mentioned it in the speech at shul the next day. That was incredibly uncomfy

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 6:49 pm
When they invite you to a party or simcha and say please no gifts, if you insist on giving something you can donate to x charity

Busybee5

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 6:53 pm
amother Chambray wrote:
I've shared this story so many times so hi anyone who knows me.

But when they finally got the mikvah done for the first shabbos I coincidentally needed to go. I was the first to use it and every adult in the house was so excited about it, dh's grandfather even mentioned it in the speech at shul the next day. That was incredibly uncomfy

Can't Believe It lol that the old grandpa decided to tell the whole community 😀

A couple of weeks ago our neighbour came over to play with my daughter, on an Friday night , which is pretty normal. But she came quite late, so I said you nearly need to go home because we'll both be having the meal, so when your father comes home from shul you'll go. She said he's already home and we're not eating until much later. Then she mentioned that her mother went out. Ahem she gave it away but nevermind.

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 7:18 pm
I know someone who flew ten of his friends to an exotic / remote five star vacation spot every year to celebrate his birthday. Not sure if he stopped when he got married.
Page 9 of 10   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Recent Topics