Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
S/o any Rachel’s Place or other actresses here?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 6:21 pm
[quote="amother Stone"]
Warm Challah wrote:
Hmm.. By process of elimination, I come up with Mary Poppins in Thats My Nanny. Malky Giniger played Maria in their first Sound of Music production (she's probably one of the only other lead roles that did a show only once and I know she's known Miriam H and Chani S for many years before that:)
You don't have to tell me if I'm right, so you can stay anonymous☺️. But just btw, it was a phenomenal performance!![/quote
Except you’re forgetting that the actress that played Mary poppins was in several productions. I vote baroness Rothschild

Based on her other comments. I don’t think so!

Warm Challah

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 7:35 pm
amother OP wrote:

Mary Poppins was played by Esti (don't recall her last name, I'd have to roll the DVD credits to see). But what other roles did she play?

And rothschild was Barons and Bankers which was their first production since Nshei Tzedakah Players in the 80's-early 90's (I'm dating myself here). Leah Forster was in that one and she was the one who sent her to Rachel's Place (leah f was in others too but not in recent ones). Mary Poppins has a very specific personality/character which makes sense, but please remind me what other roles she played (if she did)?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 8:17 pm
Warm Challah wrote:
Mary Poppins was played by Esti (don't recall her last name, I'd have to roll the DVD credits to see). But what other roles did she play?

And rothschild was Barons and Bankers which was their first production since Nshei Tzedakah Players in the 80's-early 90's (I'm dating myself here). Leah Forster was in that one and she was the one who sent her to Rachel's Place (leah f was in others too but not in recent ones). Mary Poppins has a very specific personality/character which makes sense, but please remind me what other roles she played (if she did)?

Something with an F… Frier, Friefeld, Freuer, something like that…

She was the maid in English to a T, she was the grandmother in Katalina, the prince in Cinderella, Lilly in Gingi, maybe more…

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 8:53 pm
amother OP wrote:
Something with an F… Frier, Friefeld, Freuer, something like that…

She was the maid in English to a T, she was the grandmother in Katalina, the prince in Cinderella, Lilly in Gingi, maybe more…

Feuer sounds right,
I think when she was a girl she was the Captain in The Little Princess play in Camp Shira, I can't remember if she had other parts in camp plays also.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 9:17 pm
amother Whitesmoke wrote:
Feuer sounds right,
I think when she was a girl she was the Captain in The Little Princess play in Camp Shira, I can't remember if she had other parts in camp plays also.

She’s in the play this year?

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 9:23 pm
amother OP wrote:

I have no idea,
I'm not into RPP, only went to a couple,
I just remember her from Camp Shira, and remember that she was in RPP
I was just answering about her last name

amother
Stone

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 9:26 pm
Warm Challah wrote:

The person that played Mary poppins, also played Prince Charming in the Cinderella version, the sister in law of miss hanigan in gingy, the dowager empress in katalina…

Warm Challah

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 10:14 pm
amother OP wrote:

No, don't think so. I'm in Ensemble. Haven't met the whole cast yet (starting full cast rehearsals soon!) but I saw the cast list and her name is not there. Unless she's going to magically appear via Umbrella.. ☺️

Warm Challah

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 10:28 pm
amother OP wrote:

Maybe perhaps our humble missing one time RPP actress is Dobby Baum? She was in the Bandman as a singer in the quartet.. she is also in some of Malky Weingarten's films:)
This RPP trivia game is fun lol, but if this isn't right, I'm done guessing for now ...gotta get back to practicing.. ! This year's show is going to be incredible, see you there!

schoolbus

Post Fri, Jan 12 2024, 9:08 am
Warm Challah wrote:
Maybe perhaps our humble missing one time RPP actress is Dobby Baum? She was in the Bandman as a singer in the quartet.. she is also in some of Malky Weingarten's films:)
This RPP trivia game is fun lol, but if this isn't right, I'm done guessing for now ...gotta get back to practicing.. ! This year's show is going to be incredible, see you there!

I think on one post she mentioned that she’s not such a great singer so I wouldn’t think she’s dobby Baum

amother
Holly

Post Fri, Jan 12 2024, 12:25 pm
schoolbus wrote:
I think on one post she mentioned that she’s not such a great singer so I wouldn’t think she’s dobby Baum

I think she was the oldest daughter in the Von Trapp family Luiza I think the name is...

Chrayen

Post Fri, Jan 12 2024, 1:17 pm
What about Leisel in the first Sound of Music?
And I heard Colorblind was postponed.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 12 2024, 1:39 pm
Chrayen wrote:
What about Leisel in the first Sound of Music?
And I heard Colorblind was postponed.

That makes a lot of sense!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 12 2024, 1:39 pm
amother Holly wrote:
I think she was the oldest daughter in the Von Trapp family Luiza I think the name is...

Yes - makes sense.

amother
Holly

Post Fri, Jan 12 2024, 1:55 pm
Yea the name was Leisel, checks off a lot of boxes....

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 12:08 pm
amother OP wrote:
Yes - makes sense.

Yes, Luiza sounds right
Liesel was not such a big part, and no too specific....

amother
NeonPink

Post Fri, Jan 19 2024, 1:20 pm
Are tickets being sold yet

Warm Challah

Post Fri, Jan 19 2024, 2:36 pm
amother NeonPink wrote:
Are tickets being sold yet

Risecharitableproductions.org - (not live yet)- check next week Wednesday!

Warm Challah

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 11:31 am
Rachel's Place Tickets for "The Attic" on sale NOW!! Tickets are going FAST!! 2/21,2/24,2/25 at Newark Symphony Hall.
Risecharitableproductions.org

EmesOrNT

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 9:37 pm
Wow, that was a fun read 😄

The tickets are selling out fast, so get them now! Motzei shabbos February 24 is mostly sold out.

It's going to be amazing (she says while being totally unbiased)!

The music is original compositions by Yossi Green with Lyrics written by Miriam Handler.
Page 4 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics