Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Where should I move? Tampa, monsey area, lakewood area, etc.
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 11:08 am
Thanks all! Regarding beis hachinuch, we tried a few times but didn't get accepted. Any other schools to try?
It's true that I'm not that cool.
Also about scotsdale, what schools are there to send to? And what community are you talking about? Chabad? Also are there chasidim there?

amother
Arcticblue

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 11:13 am
Would you try Monsey? There is BDY (Bnos Derech Yisroel)for the girls and maybe you can try Munkatch for the boys.

Or in Lakewood you can try Shiras Ruchama, it's a very nice warm school. Its heimish/ Litvish but I know a few ppl with striemlich who send there. I think 3rd is the oldest grade. And Tiferes Yechiel will definitely accept your boys. They are under new ownership and becoming a better place.

amother
Moccasin

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 11:30 am
Or beer yeshaye for the boys in monsey. I think you have to explain a bit more what kind of schools you want.

amother
Steel

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 12:01 pm
Chicago and Tampa sound like the place for you. Chassidim and Litvishe families. Problem with Tampa is the Heat in the Summer.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 2:23 pm
amother Moccasin wrote:
Or beer yeshaye for the boys in monsey. I think you have to explain a bit more what kind of schools you want.

Beer Yeshaya is extremely modern. Basically very modern ex-chassidish.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 2:24 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks all! Regarding beis hachinuch, we tried a few times but didn't get accepted. Any other schools to try?
It's true that I'm not that cool.
Also about scotsdale, what schools are there to send to? And what community are you talking about? Chabad? Also are there chasidim there?

I know that there are some chassidish families in Scottsdale, not sure about schools.

amother
Molasses

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 3:07 pm
The Tampa infrastructure is still in the process of being built. It's a great option, but dependending on the age of your kids, the schooling options may not be quite what you are used to. Are you okay with a litvish school? Tampa Torah Academy is a good option if so. There aren't any full-scale chassidish schools yet.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 3:12 pm
Whats tampa torah academy like? Any more info?

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 3:26 pm
FL in a heartbeat
Best state government by far

amother
Sage

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 4:01 pm
amother Goldenrod wrote:
FL in a heartbeat
Best state government by far

Consider in Florida you are on your own with special education. Living in Florida is a luxury

amother
Molasses

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 5:03 pm
amother OP wrote:
Whats tampa torah academy like? Any more info?

Small and warm. It's a pretty new school and currently has around 65 students from age 2 - eighth grade. Some grades are doubled up into one class. You can check out their website for more info.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 7:23 pm
And would us as chasidish fit in? Are there more chasidim in the school?

amother
Molasses

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 8:30 pm
amother OP wrote:

It's an OOT community school, so you'd have to be comfortable with having your children amongst kids all across the religious spectrum, but there are already other chasidish families in the school, so you wouldn't be the first.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 8:31 pm
amother OP wrote:

Afaik, there are chasidish families in that school already.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 10:28 pm
Thanks all! Anyone know if we would fit in to bais Yakov ocean county in lakewood in the new school it became?
And also about bnos derech yisroel in monsey, are there stable healthy families that send there?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 10:30 pm
And also any ideas how to check out a potential new community such as tampa? Like how do we know if we like it and we won't be miserable there?

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 10:31 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks all! Anyone know if we would fit in to bais Yakov ocean county in lakewood in the new school it became?
And also about bnos derech yisroel in monsey, are there stable healthy families that send there?

Unfortunately, Bnos Derech Yisroel isn't doing well now, many people are taking their kids out. A large percentage of families are dysfunctional/problematic families.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 10:34 pm
amother Floralwhite wrote:
Unfortunately, Bnos Derech Yisroel isn't doing well now, many people are taking their kids out. A large percentage of families are dysfunctional/problematic families.

Thanks! Thats exactly what I wanted to know;)

amother
Dustypink

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 10:36 pm
amother OP wrote:

I would think bnos penina and bnos bracha would be more appropriate in lakewood. Don't know how ohr devora is doing now, that's the school it became.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 10:39 pm
amother Dustypink wrote:
I would think bnos penina and bnos bracha would be more appropriate in lakewood. Don't know how ohr devora is doing now, that's the school it became.

Does bnos bracha give a hard time when accepting? How do I even go about it? And are there chasidim there?
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating