Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
I've never climbed Mt Everest AMA
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Lawngreen

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 9:35 am
amother OP wrote:
Please do NOT discuss this publicly. You can ask the mods for my SN if you really want and PM me. Also, keep in mind I may have changed a few details to protect my privacy.

OP you clearly don't realize that this is the same writing style as all the other threads on here. Also you clearly posted wayyy too much personal info. Also my son is your son's chavrusah. Also did you not think that someone you know can be here? Also I once saw your sn. Feel free to pm me for emotional support or any sort of support really but only after you've been outed.

amother
Nasturtium

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 9:41 am
amother Lawngreen wrote:
OP you clearly don't realize that this is the same writing style as all the other threads on here. Also you clearly posted wayyy too much personal info. Also my son is your son's chavrusah. Also did you not think that someone you know can be here? Also I once saw your sn. Feel free to pm me for emotional support or any sort of support really but only after you've been outed.

What are you talking about - she doesn't have a son yet! And definitely not one who is of age to have a chavrusa! OP is only in her low twenties...

SuperWify

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 9:45 am
Op, this may be a bit of a shock but my rav said we can only climb Jewish mountains that have a Yiddishe mesorah.

So I’m going to be Dan lkaf zechus that you climbed Har Sinai, Har Tavo, Har Chermon, Har HaBayis ect instead (like yours truly… obviously).

imthatawesome

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 9:50 am
Wow. What has the world come to that OP is boldly flaunting her disregard for Halacha like this

Don’t you know that it clearly says in Mishna brura that not only do you have to climb Mt Everest but you must do it 3 times?
I will Daven for your neshama that it can recover from this

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 9:51 am
Op, I want to give you chizuk.
I know a few people who did the 40 day segula with pouring morning urine on their heel and they were able to overcome their fear of doing this.
You should look into it.
Hatzlacha!

Food

SuperWify wrote:
Op, this may be a bit of a shock but my rav said we can only climb Jewish mountains that have a Yiddishe mesorah.

So I’m going to be Dan lkaf zechus that you climbed Har Sinai, Har Tavo, Har Chermon, Har HaBayis ect instead (like yours truly… obviously).

Especially Har HaBayis.

amother
Acacia

SuperWify wrote:

Har HaBayis is assur to climb.

I thought this was a frum site Mad

This is the last you will see of me on Imamother. Goodbye.

BH Yom Yom

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 9:54 am
OP, I want to extend validation for how difficult it is to consider climbing Mount Everest. You can start with small steps, and as you grow in your spiritual journey, eventually, you can reach ever greater levels of mountain climbing! I would suggest you start by climbing to the top of my mountain of laundry. It’s not quite as tall as Everest, and much warmer in my house than on the real mountain, and don’t forget that every step in the right direction is progress!

nightingale1

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 9:56 am
Op you need to go on bc. And therapy. Clearly the reason you haven’t climbed it yet is because you’re too overwhelmed with your too many kids. There is no excuse for not being on bc when you haven’t even climbed Everest yet!!

amother
Blushpink

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 9:58 am
Is it because your husband is an addict, narcissist, or abusive? Is it because you have such low self esteem and truly hate yourself? Is it because your mil is socially off and always out to get you? Tell us whyyyyyy

amother
Lawngreen

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 10:08 am
OP you should get a therapist. Do you have one yet? Because you clearly need help.
Please post her name and credentials so that we can check her out
when your first session is
around how many sessions you think you'll have and how long each one will last
Please share the best way to contact her so that we can make sure she hears every possible mental or emotional illness you might have from those who know you so that she can help you accordingly.
Only then will you be fully ready to face the world again.

And OP, DO NOT climb ANY OTHER mountains till you feel safe climbing Everest. If you can't even climb the first what makes you think you'll be able to climb another 13 more?

BrisketBoss

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 10:10 am
It's never too late. How can we best support you?

amother
Puce

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 10:21 am
OP,

Reading all the replies that you opened yourself up to have thrown at you, I have to just say: WOW!

I know there are many brave women on this site-we all are in our way-but this GOES BEYOND THE PALE!

This is strength as Ive never seen.

Thank you, thank you, for opening up a discussion of this long overdue topic. I never could have.

I feel that I can finally breathe a sigh of relief: I am NOT alone!

May you be blessed.

And may this be the start of a long road to recovery for so many of us who have yet to conquer, and may never conquer, this feat…

amother
DarkGreen

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 10:24 am
Anyone else think OP is a troll? There's no way this is real. Climbing everest is the most basic thing taught in kallah classes. OP who was your KT? Who was your ML last time you went? This whole thing is unbelievable to me

amother
IndianRed

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 10:29 am
Unfortunately it's becoming a huge issue. I think this post should be moved to issues of concern to frum society. There was an asifah in lakewood this week, and they are trying to organize one in brooklyn. You don't have to feel alone in this struggle tho, my son is in shidduchim and we are more open to families with such issues as it is becoming rampant. Hugs

Food

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 10:30 am
amother DarkGreen wrote:
Anyone else think OP is a troll? There's no way this is real. Climbing everest is the most basic thing taught in kallah classes. OP who was your KT? Who was your ML last time you went? This whole thing is unbelievable to me

(S)he seems to have disappeared from this thread... I wonder if (s)he is even reading all the passionate responses, or are we wasting our valuable time and energy here?

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 10:35 am
Try reading this thread without reading the title and op. Sounds really intense!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 10:44 am
Food wrote:
(S)he seems to have disappeared from this thread... I wonder if (s)he is even reading all the passionate responses, or are we wasting our valuable time and energy here?

You're not wasting time!!!!! I am reading it all but I can't reply to everything because not climbing Mt Everest takes up a lot of my time. Iykyk.

Because this is an AMA, I'm really going to try to stick with answering questions (vs responding to comments) but I will tell you that my Rav is okay with it. Don't throw tomatoes. You'll ruin your screen.

I haven't discussed it with my therapist yet but it's kinda obvious that my other issues are connected to this.

And just as a PSA, people should really be careful with using the phrase "making mountains out of molehills." I don't want to give myself away so I'm not going into more detail but just know you can unintentionally really trigger a non-climber.

Food

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 10:50 am
amother OP wrote:
You're not wasting time!!!!! I am reading it all but I can't reply to everything because not climbing Mt Everest takes up a lot of my time. Iykyk.

Because this is an AMA, I'm really going to try to stick with answering questions (vs responding to comments) but I will tell you that my Rav is okay with it. Don't throw tomatoes. You'll ruin your screen.

I haven't discussed it with my therapist yet but it's kinda obvious that my other issues are connected to this.

And just as a PSA, people should really be careful with using the phrase "making mountains out of molehills." I don't want to give myself away so I'm not going into more detail but just know you can unintentionally really trigger a non-climber.

What are your "other issues"? (There, that's a question)

Last edited by Food on Wed, Jan 03 2024, 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Hibiscus

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 10:51 am
amother OP wrote:

I think your Rav needs a Rav. How can he be ok with this?!
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics