Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Annual income and does it cover
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

How much is your income annually?
75-100k  
 23%  [ 65 ]
100-125k  
 14%  [ 39 ]
125-150  
 11%  [ 33 ]
150-175k  
 10%  [ 28 ]
175-200k  
 7%  [ 21 ]
200+  
 33%  [ 92 ]
Total Votes : 278

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 9:45 pm
amother DarkKhaki wrote:
I’m sorry if this is rude but how do you afford life?

Not the poster, but we don't..

amother
Marigold

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 9:51 pm
amother DarkKhaki wrote:

We actually put away into savings every month Baruch Hashem. We have 1 child currently and our expenses are about 3500 a month and after tax we earn about 6500.
Life will get way way more expensive as we have more children IYH I know that....BUT Worrying won't help. It will just cause me anxiety and hinder me from enjoying life right now! And right now I feel extremely blessed!! I have a husband and baby, all healthy and happy Baruch Hashem and I am so grateful we make enough right now to pay our bills and give maaser!

amother
Mocha

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 10:07 pm
amother Marigold wrote:
We actually put away into savings every month Baruch Hashem. We have 1 child currently and our expenses are about 3500 a month and after tax we earn about 6500.
Life will get way way more expensive as we have more children IYH I know that....BUT Worrying won't help. It will just cause me anxiety and hinder me from enjoying life right now! And right now I feel extremely blessed!! I have a husband and baby, all healthy and happy Baruch Hashem and I am so grateful we make enough right now to pay our bills and give maaser!

Crazy how much lower your taxes are with one kid vs as a couple. We make $110ish combined and bring home the same. How much was your take-home before you had your baby?

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 10:12 pm
amother Marigold wrote:

How? Can you do a breakdown? I have one kid and my mortgage is almost that.

aria3578

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 10:13 pm
90k / year
1 kid
Just barely covers

Live in Lakewood for reference

amother
Marigold

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 10:17 pm
amother Mocha wrote:
Crazy how much lower your taxes are with one kid vs as a couple. We make $110ish combined and bring home the same. How much was your take-home before you had your baby?

Your taxes are 2500 a month?
Our taxes are about 1000 a month combined
(My husband didn't work before our baby was born)

amother
Marigold

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 10:19 pm
amother Cerise wrote:
How? Can you do a breakdown? I have one kid and my mortgage is almost that.

Lol we will probably never afford a house
Unless we win the lottery or suddenly land high paying jobs with no experience

amother
Marigold

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 10:20 pm
aria3578 wrote:
90k / year
1 kid
Just barely covers

Live in Lakewood for reference

In a house I assume

If you're paying rent in an apartment then why are your expenses so high?

amother
Mocha

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 10:35 pm
amother Marigold wrote:
Your taxes are 2500 a month?
Our taxes are about 1000 a month combined
(My husband didn't work before our baby was born)

I actually checked and right now we're just under 110 a year and take home 7500 a month before maaser 6800 after.. so if 6500 is before maaser and u have one kid (lower taxes) it makes a bit more sense. Are u in NJ as well?

amother
Offwhite

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 11:09 pm
Is annual income after you pay rent? I sound so dumb

amother
Mocha

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 11:43 pm
amother Offwhite wrote:

No, annual income is your salary

amother
Snowflake

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 11:51 pm
amother Offwhite wrote:

Annual means yearly. That's how much you make in a year.

amother
Hyssop

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 11:52 pm
amother Orchid wrote:
That’s amazing. Would you be able to share what you and your husband do for work. Thinking about wanting to move to Israel but the work/financial piece is a roadblock right now.

My husband is an engineer in software. Our US OOT salary for him is the same in both countries. We know people who have gone up in salary in engineering since aliyah since US OOT doesn’t pay much.

My job is in tech too. I’ve gone down since moving, but the benefits are amazing here next to the USA. Three months maternity, pension that’s enough to retire on and a tax free work savings plan that we can pull every six years. It’s an obscure job with very few religious women and I’d prefer to remain unknown. Some don’t feel two tech salaries in israel is realistic, but it’s our reality. All my dc are interested in STEM too so it will likely be there reality too. I know many others. B”h for all life’s blessings and that nerds are paid well here.

amother
Orchid

Post Fri, Jan 05 2024, 12:00 am
amother Hyssop wrote:
My husband is an engineer in software. Our US OOT salary for him is the same in both countries. We know people who have gone up in salary in engineering since aliyah since US OOT doesn’t pay much.

My job is in tech too. I’ve gone down since moving, but the benefits are amazing here next to the USA. Three months maternity, pension that’s enough to retire on and a tax free work savings plan that we can pull every six years. It’s an obscure job with very few religious women and I’d prefer to remain unknown. Some don’t feel two tech salaries in israel is realistic, but it’s our reality. All my dc are interested in STEM too so it will likely be there reality too. I know many others. B”h for all life’s blessings and that nerds are paid well here.

Interesting. Thanks. From my limited research so far, seems like the tech field is popular for Americans and pays well. Which is a bummer for us since neither of us are in that field.

amother
Peach

Post Fri, Jan 05 2024, 12:08 am
amother DarkKhaki wrote:

We live in a very low priced rental and don't buy anything new that we can get used. We pay about half price on tuition. We only have one car. We get a tax refund BH. We don't pay for health insurance or glasses or copays. Some of our food shopping is covered. We try to be happy with what we have, and Hashem helps.

amother
Sage

Post Fri, Jan 05 2024, 12:23 am
Delete

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Fri, Jan 05 2024, 12:46 am
40k. Don't ask. You can daven for me

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Fri, Jan 05 2024, 12:47 am
amother Bottlebrush wrote:
40k. Don't ask. You can daven for me

I’m sorry! That must be beyond stressful Sad it can’t be easy.

amother
Firethorn

Post Fri, Jan 05 2024, 1:41 am
amother Tiffanyblue wrote:
Why surprised? Many israelis do well or just fine. I feel like this site veers to the young and poor. But that is not how most israelis are. There is a big middle class BH.
I personally live in a thriving middle class community. Many have 2 cars, own their houses, go on vacations.

No, what I meant is I noticed that the money goes further here compared to an identical salary in America. Yet people go on and on about how expensive it is here.

amother
Hunter

Post Fri, Jan 05 2024, 2:07 am
I can not believe how hight the earners earn in USA compared to Israel and UK posters here....the cost of living obviously reflects that with huge health costs, and tuition. It's so terrifying to me
We are struggling here on 30k combined but BH we are surviving and there's no keeping up. One old car, no purchases that are not 💯 necessary, Primark clothes, very basic groceries with extremely simple shabbosim.
Page 6 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics