Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Funny (or not so funny) things we do
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 5:59 pm
I strained the chicken soup...

Into the sink.

Tao

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 6:01 pm
amother Rose wrote:
I am a night talker. I called a neighbor in middle of my sleep to ask her what the racket is above my head.

My husband woke up from my call and took the phone out of my hand and ended the call. I can still cringe when I think of this many many years later. And yes I pretended not to know that I did that when I met the neighbor.

OMG!! that's too cringe embarrassed
Let's hope you never do this on Shabbos!

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 6:02 pm
Left my car on with the key in the ignition and went to work. Someone let me know a couple of hours later.

English3

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 6:05 pm
My kids left the door open in the morning. My one year old twins slipped out of the door one wearing pyjamas and one with clothes.
A second later a male neighbour that I barely know asked me if the baby crawling on the road is mine. I panicked realising that they both escaped and asked him if there is another baby running down. He obviously didn't realise they were related as one could walk already. I was so helpless as I was still in pyjamas. Hiding

amother
Alyssum

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 6:07 pm
bebrave wrote:
šŸ¤£ reminds me of another one! Took ds to school carrying the garbage with me all the way there and back instead of chucking it right outside my house!

This one made me lol

NechaMom

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 6:10 pm
Thanks for the laughs! These are so good!

Last edited by NechaMom on Sun, Jan 07 2024, 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Alyssum

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 6:10 pm
amother Ginger wrote:
I strained the chicken soup...

Into the sink.

I had to check how old this thread is if I wrote it because I did the same thing lol
I remember standing at the sink just staring at the strainer full of just vegetables

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 6:14 pm
I cleaned up from dinner and put the dishes away. Next time I needed the pot, took it out and saw week old Mac and cheese in there turning green and fuzzy. Pregnancy brain at its best.

amother
Alyssum

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 6:17 pm
This one was so mortifying. I was at work, phone rang, I answered and a male voice which sounded JUST LIKE MY DH asked to talk to me. I exclaimed ā€œhusband!!!ā€
It wasnā€™t my husband

amother
Heather

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 6:22 pm
amother Winterberry wrote:
I put on 2 different shoes that did not match... (happened a couple of times).
Walked out in cross in the rain...

Lolll this was me too. I once went out with two the same booties in different colours (one black and one tan) I did grocery shopping on a main street with all the heimishe shops and I picked up my child from Daycare. I only realised when I came home and dH pointed it out. I wanted the ground to swallow me up

amother
Canary

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 6:28 pm
This wasn't me but still funny nonetheless. My husband was leaving to work and took his bagged breakfast that was hanging the doorknob, only to realize on the city bus that the bag didn't contain his breakfast. It was a dirty diaper that needed to be taken out! He also found himself waiting at the bus stop with a garbage bag that he forgot to toss. The weird part is that he is generally not an absentminded person. I guess it's payback for all the times he poked fun at my mommy brain.

amother
Dustypink

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 6:37 pm
I once did a full long grocery shop then arrived at my van to see I had left the side door completely open!

Tao

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 6:38 pm
amother Heather wrote:
Lolll this was me too. I once went out with two the same booties in different colours (one black and one tan) I did grocery shopping on a main street with all the heimishe shops and I picked up my child from Daycare. I only realised when I came home and dH pointed it out. I wanted the ground to swallow me up

Imagine if a celebrity made this mistake. That would start the craziest trend ever LOL

amother
Clear

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 6:45 pm
OMG, my stomach hurts from these Laugh

As for me, I once looked for my phone in my bag after I'd been out. I found a phone, that was not mine! I then looked in my coat pocket and found my own phone. But had literally NO CLUE whos' the other phone was, and how on earth had I ''stolen'' a phone without even knowing it?!! I literally thought I had lost my mind or become a seasoned kleptomaniac overnight!

After calling dh and wracking my brains for all I was worth, a call with a name came in on the mystery phone, and I had to awkwardly stutter my way through explaining my story- and it suddenly hit me that the only place I had taken my phone out was at the corner grocery, and perhaps I had taken my own phone -and also the phone belonging to the person at the desk! (the phones looked identical) I asked the woman if her husband worked at the grocery, and sure enough he did.

Arggh, I'm cringing as I type this out. I had to return and explain my 'theft' TMI , and yes, this guy still works there over a year later, and I can't just avoid my corner shop, it's too valuable to me embarrassed

amother
Blue

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 6:50 pm
amother Clear wrote:
OMG, my stomach hurts from these Laugh

As for me, I once looked for my phone in my bag after I'd been out. I found a phone, that was not mine! I then looked in my coat pocket and found my own phone. But had literally NO CLUE whos' the other phone was, and how on earth had I ''stolen'' a phone without even knowing it?!! I literally thought I had lost my mind or become a seasoned kleptomaniac overnight!

After calling dh and wracking my brains for all I was worth, a call with a name came in on the mystery phone, and I had to awkwardly stutter my way through explaining my story- and it suddenly hit me that the only place I had taken my phone out was at the corner grocery, and perhaps I had taken my own phone -and also the phone belonging to the person at the desk! (the phones looked identical) I asked the woman if her husband worked at the grocery, and sure enough he did.

Arggh, I'm cringing as I type this out. I had to return and explain my 'theft' TMI , and yes, this guy still works there over a year later, and I can't just avoid my corner shop, it's too valuable to me embarrassed

Now my stomach hurts from yours... this thread is a winner!

Shopmiami49

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 6:51 pm
I once took a bag with me that contained an incredibly smelly diaper and intended to toss it in the dumpster on the way to the bus. When I got on the bus, I was feeling so embarrassed/annoyed for the poor mom who's baby had such a foul smelling diaper...until I realized that the bag was still hanging on my strolleršŸ™ˆ

amother
Trillium

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 7:05 pm
I went to a classmates bas mitzvah and was wondering why no one else was there. I came a week early šŸ˜‚ another classmate came as well lol.
As a kid I once wore a navy sick and black sock by mis take
A few times when I left the house as a girl I thought I didnā€™t close the door but I did.
When I was newlywed and living in a walk in. It was yomtov at night I was by my parents and I thought I left the door wide open. I insisted I left it wide open I ran home to check TG the door was closed.

With my pregnancy brain I had a clip on strainer and I didnā€™t attach the front part (didnā€™t push it all the way down) after half the pasta was on the sink DH asked what I was doing and I said how else will the water leave the pot šŸ˜‚
Or another time his supper was ready. I go to take it out of the oven only to realize itā€™s sitting there for a hour and a half in a oven thatā€™s off šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

amother
Pear

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 7:07 pm
I was shopping at the corner grocery and accidentally took someone else's shopping carriage. I was loading it with stuff and didn't realize till I saw a man walking around the whole store with a bag of frozen broccoli in his hands and the most puzzled look on his face.

amother
Mayflower

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 7:13 pm
I prepped an entire turkey and put it in the fridge. That night I was cleaning out the fridge and through the whole thing out only realized erev Shabbos when I was looking everywhere for the turkey. Still can't figure out what I was thinking it was.

tigerwife

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 7:37 pm
Iā€™ve marinated salmon and only realized on Shabbos that I never put it up to bake. Had some extra tasty fish on Mā€Sh!
Page 2 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics