Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Funny (or not so funny) things we do
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Steelblue

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 7:41 pm
amother Clear wrote:
OMG, my stomach hurts from these Laugh

As for me, I once looked for my phone in my bag after I'd been out. I found a phone, that was not mine! I then looked in my coat pocket and found my own phone. But had literally NO CLUE whos' the other phone was, and how on earth had I ''stolen'' a phone without even knowing it?!! I literally thought I had lost my mind or become a seasoned kleptomaniac overnight!

After calling dh and wracking my brains for all I was worth, a call with a name came in on the mystery phone, and I had to awkwardly stutter my way through explaining my story- and it suddenly hit me that the only place I had taken my phone out was at the corner grocery, and perhaps I had taken my own phone -and also the phone belonging to the person at the desk! (the phones looked identical) I asked the woman if her husband worked at the grocery, and sure enough he did.

Arggh, I'm cringing as I type this out. I had to return and explain my 'theft' TMI , and yes, this guy still works there over a year later, and I can't just avoid my corner shop, it's too valuable to me embarrassed

I did the Same! Can't Believe It

amother
Clear

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 7:47 pm
amother Steelblue wrote:
I did the Same! Can't Believe It

NOO!! Impossible Surprised Surprised

Also with a cashier guy?

icedcoffee

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 8:06 pm
We made two huge deli rolls and I put them in the pantry instead of the fridge Sad I only realized when I opened the pantry the next day lol. At the time it was so upsetting because all that pastrami and other meat was a splurge for us as newlyweds, but now we laugh about it.

In a less funny story, we went to the wrong airport for a trip to Paris. That was truly insane... Both of us are highly organized people and we were meticulously planning the trip for months. To this day I'm not really sure how that happened. BH it worked out but I'll never forget that experience of sobbing in the wrong airport!

amother
Mulberry

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 8:36 pm
These are great! Keep em coming!
I once went on a date with 2 different shoes and they were DIFFERENT - still not sure how I didn’t notice.

chayarg

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 8:38 pm
Bone tired. Toddler filled wash machine with papers. Forgot to empty it. Ended up washing the papers with a load. Spent 1.5 hours cleaning up

amother
Tulip

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 8:41 pm
amother Canary wrote:
This wasn't me but still funny nonetheless. My husband was leaving to work and took his bagged breakfast that was hanging the doorknob, only to realize on the city bus that the bag didn't contain his breakfast. It was a dirty diaper that needed to be taken out! He also found himself waiting at the bus stop with a garbage bag that he forgot to toss. The weird part is that he is generally not an absentminded person. I guess it's payback for all the times he poked fun at my mommy brain.

Reminds me of when my husband called me from work , instead of his bag of food , he took a bag of flour!! Better than a dirty diaper I guess

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 8:42 pm
When I was newly married, I once got a call. This was before caller ID.
I heard my husband's voice say Hello.
I said, Hi sweetie.
He said , this is Totty.
(My father in law)
I was sooo embarrassed.

amother
Tulip

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 8:43 pm
Another funny thing my husband did ( but rly not funny rly it’s mortifying ) someone at work went to the bathroom and my husband was waiting to use it so he asked “r u making a dirty ?” He has no idea how tht came out , prob bec he’s so used to asking the kids . I told him to quit and never go back but he didn’t .

amother
Bellflower

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 8:54 pm
amother Tulip wrote:
Another funny thing my husband did ( but rly not funny rly it’s mortifying ) someone at work went to the bathroom and my husband was waiting to use it so he asked “r u making a dirty ?” He has no idea how tht came out , prob bec he’s so used to asking the kids . I told him to quit and never go back but he didn’t .

My DH used to be a manager at a big firm, where the workers needed to let him know if they needed to leave.
One worker comes over and let's him know that he needs to poop so he'll be away for a while in the bathroom.

amother
Bellflower

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 8:57 pm
I was in the bathroom (for a while) when a neighbor tried calling me several times. I figured I'll call her back later when I get a chance. She stopped calling. When I came out, searching for my kid (with special needs), I found him running around outside naked. He wanted to go swimming and was looking for a pool. (He got undressed outside). My neighbor just wanted to inform me about him...
Thank Gd I didn't see anyone outside, but I wanted to bury myself.

doodlesmom

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 10:20 pm
I promised to meet up my sister to go shopping once I finish some quick errands, while doing my errands a friend called and asked me to join her for lunch, and I promptly accepted the invite, forgetting about meeting my sister….I then proceeded to meet some cousins who were going to lunch, and I’m like great I’ll join, before remembering my commitments to said friend, which obviously overlapped with my promised shopping spree with my sister!!

amother
Hibiscus

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 10:21 pm
DS called me erev shabbos. During the conversation I asked him to apologize to his son for me that I wouldn't be able to make it to his siyum on sunday. DS responded "what siyum?" It was a big one as we got an invitatin in the mail for it. And DS had no idea. Before we hung up he thanked me for informing him about it.

amother
Hydrangea

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 10:38 pm
keepsmiling:) wrote:
These are good thanks for the laughs LOL

I was taking my toddler to playgroup and was so deep in my thoughts o walked straight past the playgroup and carried on for a good 2 mins till I realised
And then had to do that u-turn in middle of the street with a ‘I forgot I needed to go somewhere’ face

Same here. Except I was too busy checking my phone at the time. And was late for pickup

amother
Snowdrop

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 11:06 pm
I was on the phone with DH while shopping and I was pretty distracted. One of the things I was buying was a block of margarine. Got home and realized that the margarine I specifically remembered taking off the shelf wasn’t there. I was extremely confused and margarineless so I ran back to the grocery store. I grabbed a stick of Margarine and went to pay. I reached into my purse to get my credit card and I pull out a stick of margarine 😂 I somehow stuck the original stick of margarine in my purse instead of in my cart. I burst out laughing and the cashier thought I was nuts (well, he wasn’t wrong).

Tao

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 11:24 pm
amother Ginger wrote:
I strained the chicken soup...

Into the sink.

If I did this, ch"v, I would cry. Really!!!

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 11:26 pm
Tao wrote:
If I did this, ch"v, I would cry. Really!!!

There was some left over. Smile It was many years ago pretty newly married.

amother
Diamond

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 11:26 pm
There was the time I got up at my usual 4.30 a.m., went through my a.m. routine and left the house at 6 to go to work. About six feet before reaching the subway turnstile I realized it was a legal holiday, I had the day off, and could have slept another couple of hours.

A few years later, I made an appointment to visit a certain business for my job. The owner mentioned that it was a holiday, but I said that's ok, we're working that day just like you're working that day. We have a couple of "floating" holidays, which means the offices are open, and you can take that day off or another day at a later time. I went, did the job, and only that evening realized that this holiday was not a floater at all, but an "all offices closed" holiday. And get this--it was the same holiday that I goofed about all those years before. Must be something forgettable about that day.

amother
Blushpink

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 11:32 pm
Prepped my salmon one Friday and put it in the fridge while waiting for the oven to be available. Comes the seuda and my salmon is still raw! BH it was very fresh from the fish store and actually sushi grade. I dunked a bit in soy sauce and we ate it raw..

cnc

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 11:46 pm
I needed some things from the drug store immediately after I came home from the hospital after giving birth.
So basically I had a two day old baby - complete brain fog, could barely walk straight and I was insistent that I need to go to the store because “I needed air”. My mother who was watching my newborn tried to talk me out of it and telling me that she or someone will do the shopping but I guess I’m more stubborn than she is.
So off I went to the drug store down the block in house slippers and I think a snood. I filled up a shopping basket with whatever I needed and since I obviously couldn’t think straight - left the store swinging the basket with the stuff inside . (Not bagged and not paid for ). By the time I reached my house I was wondering why the basket didn’t look or feel right…

When my baby was a week old I needed something from the store one evening and didn’t have anyone to get it for me so I left my newborn with the baby nurse - put my shoes on and ran over to the store. I walked in and wondered why a 9 or ten year old boy was walking around with Chinese slippers - I chalked it up to “maybe he has an invisible disability and his mom didn’t want to fight with him”… . However as I went from aisle to aisle I noticed that most people had an interesting choice of footwear- I was a bit confused until I smacked my head for not realizing that it is Tisha bav- and the only problematic footwear in the store are my leather shoes…

Einikel

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 11:56 pm
I was getting my toddler dressed for the day where I realized he wasn't wearing a diaper. I guess I forgot to put on a fresh one when I changed him last 🤦 bh non accident!
Page 3 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics