Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Share your 'dysfunction'!
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Leaf

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 4:05 am
I stick dirty tissues under the cuff of my sleeve after use, till I find somewhere to throw them out.

Does anyone else do this? My kids think it's horrific. My mother and her mother always did it - I guess I learnt that's the only or best place to put them.

amother
Snow

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 5:00 am
Sometimes don't put my baby in pjs if his weekday clothes are comfortable and clean enough to sleep in, they are sometimes warmer so I leave him like that. And on fridays when he has no playgroup, he can be in his pjs all day.

I don't always wash my 3 year old's negel vasser in the morning (this I feel bad about) or his hands after the bathroom, I need to work on this next, he goes so often and it's hard for me to put my foot down

top mom

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 5:23 am
amother Trillium wrote:
My baby is turning 20 now. I love when I’m on the couch Shabbos morning or when around when kids are going to/coming home from playgroup and I hear them singing at the top of their lungs. What’s better than a happy little shmushkie?

If you hear the sweetest almost 4yr old singing Chanukah songs very enthusiastically, she's mine Very Happy
Oh, and we call her shmush Wink

amother
Lotus

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 5:40 am
I’m so happy so many of you don’t know what actual dysfunction is

amother
Pumpkin

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 5:54 am
I’m 25 and I still bite my nails. Even on shabbos I can’t keep myself back.

amother
Chestnut

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 6:51 am
amother Lotus wrote:

Yes!
BH this is a light hearted fun thread.
More like things we do because we’re human that don’t look like magazine pictures/instagram reels.

Many people from previous generations have told me their shabbos meal was soup and then the chicken from the soup.
So delicious, and with lokshen, knaidelach and vegetables it’s really a complete meal.

My kids put away their clean laundry (or they are supposed to anyway), using your imagination I’m sure many could guess what a 12 year old boys wardrobe looks like… are messy closets dysfunctional? Or just not insta- worthy…

amother
Mintgreen

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 7:30 am
amother Lotus wrote:

Maybe we do. I know I do. But this thread isn't about real dysfunction. We have lots of those threads.

amother
Electricblue

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 7:43 am
I change linen when it looks dirty. It can be once a month or once every 3-4 months. Don't tell my mother - she changes it every second week on the clock.

I only clean my refrigerator for pesach.

amother
Puce

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 8:12 am
One of the linen posts got so many hugs…
I’m a clean person. My guest room linen is always changed after someone sleeps there, even if DH took a nap on one of the beds and someone is coming to stay.
Yet my own linen is never changed! I never get around to it, and it’s hard when I’m out of the house for a nice chunk of the day and need my linen clean and dried and out back on my bed by the time it’s night…so I never do it.

Sprinkles1

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 10:44 am
amother Lotus wrote:

The OP specifically put the word dysfunction in quotes

amother
Marigold

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 11:07 am
amother Lemonchiffon wrote:
Can you at least use mouthwash to protect your teeth?

I use therabreath.
but thanks for your concern for my teeth Hi

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 11:21 am
my kids will get plain avocado cubes and fish sticks for supper or pb sandwich - on ww bread if that helps (toddlers)

I only clean my makeup brushes every few months.

I only get my shaitels washed twice a year.. partly bec their delicate and mostly bec im lazy

I dont have any cleaning help - GASPP! to be clear I dont feel dysfunctional about this at all. I am a very clean person but by the reaction of peers you would think I was.
I am not incapable of cleaning my own toilets thank you.

*this last one is really embarrassing... ill wear the same bra sometimes for a week

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 1:30 pm
I never fold my clothes, I just stuff it all onto shelves.

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 1:43 pm
My shabbos dishes wait to be washed until Monday when my cleaning lady comes. 🙈 I just hate washing dishes!!

amother
Celeste

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 2:03 pm
Oh gosh this thread is giving me a complex.

I wear the same bra easily for a week.
Tho I shower every night go figure.

Ever tried to start making shabbos when the dishes are still in the sink fron the week before?

I have a laundry room and its a mess!
Clothes dont get folded.
As long as theyr clean.
they are usually in a pile.

Theres more...

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 2:14 pm
amother Lemon wrote:
I don't remember the last time I washed my bed linen. (Still looks clean though. If there were obvious stains I would wash it... I think... no one report me lol)

I also wash linen very infrequently, but I try to do just the pillow cases more often. It seems most important, and they're small (fit in any load, quicker to dry) plus not hard to get on and off.

amother
DarkOrange

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 2:23 pm
amother Seagreen wrote:
my kids will get plain avocado cubes and fish sticks for supper or pb sandwich - on ww bread if that helps (toddlers)

I only get my shaitels washed twice a year.. partly bec their delicate and mostly bec im lazy

I dont have any cleaning help - GASPP! to be clear I dont feel dysfunctional about this at all. I am a very clean person but by the reaction of peers you would think I was.

*this last one is really embarrassing... ill wear the same bra sometimes for a week

I never clean my makeup brushes and rarely wash my bra.
I sleep in till 12 on Shabbos and Sunday when my kids let me.

amother
Wallflower

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 2:24 pm
Our lives are so pressured to be instgram worthy that I'm so happy that so many of you are laid back. I'm pretty uptight about stuff being done right and looking right. Dh is down my back about these type of stuff too so that doesn't help either. I do have cleaning help twice a week so she really does the basics plus the extras like linen, cleaning the fridge, vacuuming the couch...
And if any guests want to come by, they should please come on days when she was here Smile

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 2:27 pm
amother Seagreen wrote:

Side question (from someone who grew up in a TRULY dysfunctional home) how often SHOULD a bra be changed? Is it every day? Or more. Wasn't sure what to tell my teen Sad

amother
Wallflower

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 2:32 pm
amother Bronze wrote:
Side question (from someone who grew up in a TRULY dysfunctional home) how often SHOULD a bra be changed? Is it every day? Or more. Wasn't sure what to tell my teen Sad

Every 2-3 days. And replaced every 6-12 months if being worn frequently.
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics