Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Hugging teenage son
Previous  1  2

amother
Starflower

Post Fri, Jan 26 2024, 4:16 pm
DS still gives me a peck on the cheek, not a full blown hug. I lean towards him and he does the same. He’s 19. Start doing it now. I like the idea of sitting when he reaches to you for a hug. You can squeeze him just as hard but the location isn’t inappropriate

amother
Peachpuff

Post Fri, Jan 26 2024, 4:26 pm
Im careful when hugging my big boys (10 and older) to not have my chest near their face. I lean to hug them.

I dont think its inappropriate but I dont want to make them or me uncomfortable.

amother
Dimgray

Post Sat, Jan 27 2024, 4:08 pm
amother OP wrote:
My 14 year old son is the very mushy type. He loves to give hugs to us hugs before bed. his current height when he hugs me his head tends to rest on my chest area. DH thinks it’s highly inappropriate and wants me to stop allowing him to hug me in that way. I think to tell him not to comes off as very strange. Thoughts? What to do?

Tell your husband it's inappropriate that he thinks it's inappropriate and to adjust his mindset. My mom acted weird about my oldest son playing rough and tumble with his young siblings coz they were kinda lying on top of him and my kids got really disgusted and upset with her because of that. While stuff happens it's not the norm unless there is dysfunctionality happening. In health situations these contacts between immediate family are healthy and normal
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics