Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
What is up with the frum world dressing boys like girls?
  Previous  1  2  3 11 12  13  14  Next

mommy3b2c

Post Sat, Feb 03 2024, 10:30 pm
imaima wrote:
I have never seen one frum family dress their kids in truly colorful European brands like Molo or even mini rodini. Maybe only babies.

Petit Bateau yes because it’s more proper

Ummm….

Im frum . But ok .

chili-n-cholent

Post Sat, Feb 03 2024, 10:44 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
Ummm….

Im frum . But ok .

Same lol LOL
I wouldn't say I chose the most colorful items but I do dress my kids in these companies and enjoy fun lively funky colors on them.
They also wear leggings until toilet trained and wear light colored shorts in the summer but I don't dress them in exclusively beige neutrals...

imaima

Post Sat, Feb 03 2024, 10:58 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
Ummm….

Im frum . But ok .

I haven’t SEEN you in real and what you have shown so far is still pretty „mild“.

imaima

Post Sat, Feb 03 2024, 11:03 pm
chili-n-cholent wrote:
Same lol LOL
I wouldn't say I chose the most colorful items but I do dress my kids in these companies and enjoy fun lively funky colors on them.
They also wear leggings until toilet trained and wear light colored shorts in the summer but I don't dress them in exclusively beige neutrals...

That’s what I’m saying. You may shop them but you never style your kids the same way. So they don’t look like that picture ever.

mommy3b2c

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 5:09 am
imaima wrote:
That’s what I’m saying. You may shop them but you never style your kids the same way. So they don’t look like that picture ever.

I really don’t understand your point . This thread is about :

- frum people dress their boys in legs
- well it’s European style
- non Jews never put their boys in leggings and Europeans don’t either
- I bring proof that European companies do sell leggings for boys . Even BIG boys. And I show a picture of a non Jew dressing her kid in European companies and leggings
- I proved my point
- now you’re saying no Jews would dress their kids that feminine at that age

I’m confused . Please explain.

amother
Hibiscus

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 5:16 am
mommy3b2c wrote:

- I bring proof that European companies do sell leggings for boys . Even BIG boys. And I show a picture of a non Jew dressing her kid in European companies and leggings
- I proved my point

If your proof was belati, it's a frum brand.

imaima

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 5:34 am
mommy3b2c wrote:

- I proved my point

My argument is that there is no „European style“ per se. And if there is, it is not connected to modern Europe.

The styles that frum people do can be classic or „heritage“ but that has nothing to do with Europe.

So the designer you posted does the look that frum people hardly ever do. People who let their kids dress like that picture believe in all the things frum people don’t believe in: self expression through clothes, fluid gender!!!
They would never match their kids!

They let their boys grow long hair and paint nails and self define.

So while yes, you technically shop those shops and buy those leggings and wear European clothes, but you don’t do that „European style“ because it contradicts frum values

mommy3b2c

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 5:42 am
amother Hibiscus wrote:
If your proof was belati, it's a frum brand.

It wasn’t. I know exactly which brands are owned by frum people and which brands are actually European .

mommy3b2c

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 5:44 am
imaima wrote:
My argument is that there is no „European style“ per se. And if there is, it is not connected to modern Europe.

The styles that frum people do can be classic or „heritage“ but that has nothing to do with Europe.

So the designer you posted does the look that frum people hardly ever do. People who let their kids dress like that picture believe in all the things frum people don’t believe in: self expression through clothes, fluid gender!!!
They would never match their kids!

They let their boys grow long hair and paint nails and self define.

So while yes, you technically shop those shops and buy those leggings and wear European clothes, but you don’t do that „European style“ because it contradicts frum values

Two of her boys in matching swim trunks 😉

mommy3b2c

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 5:47 am
All four of her boys matching :

imaima

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 6:03 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
All four of her boys matching :

That’s also IG content and not real life. Matching looks better on pictures hands down.
I dress my kids matching when I can, but when everything is in the laundry, they are dressed „European style“ aka whatever was clean.

Do you have any other examples or is it purely anecdotal? I personally live in Europe and describe what I see around me.

Again, my message is that boys dressing in leggings is a part of a culture where genders are not as rigid as in orthodox judaism.

mommy3b2c

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 6:44 am
imaima wrote:
That’s also IG content and not real life. Matching looks better on pictures hands down.
I dress my kids matching when I can, but when everything is in the laundry, they are dressed „European style“ aka whatever was clean.

Do you have any other examples or is it purely anecdotal? I personally live in Europe and describe what I see around me.

Again, my message is that boys dressing in leggings is a part of a culture where genders are not as rigid as in orthodox judaism.

Ok.

I thought the point of this thread was to say that only frum people dress their boys in leggings . I was proving otherwise . I guess lots of people had different points …

DrMom

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 7:02 am
Who are the 4 kids in xmas pjs and what do they have to do with this thread?

mommy3b2c

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 7:37 am
DrMom wrote:
Who are the 4 kids in xmas pjs and what do they have to do with this thread?

You crack me up 😂 I🤣. I appreciate your dry way of communicating. They are 4 non jewish brothers in matching pjs . Another poster said these kinds of people would never dress their children matching . I was merely proving otherwise .

amother
Snapdragon

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 7:51 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
You crack me up 😂 I🤣. I appreciate your dry way of communicating. They are 4 non jewish brothers in matching pjs . Another poster said these kinds of people would never dress their children matching . I was merely proving otherwise .

Xmas pjs is a poor example. Xmas pjs are a tradition in some families. They do it only for xmas and would never ever dress their kids in matching clothes otherwise.

Busybee5

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 8:00 am
amother Snapdragon wrote:
Xmas pjs is a poor example. Xmas pjs are a tradition in some families. They do it only for xmas and would never ever dress their kids in matching clothes otherwise.

But some really do! I live in England, whilst most don't match they're kids, we once saw 4 kids, both genders wearing matching! The girls had the dress with ducks all over, the boys matching t shirts. We were at a farm so it was very appropriate looking 😄 some also do it so they'll find their kids easier if they get lost.
Also Billie Faires range in Asda/George has the cutest brother/sister matching clothing! I often buy from there, much cheaper than the Jewish shops obviously, and very frum style!

DrMom

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 8:05 am
mommy3b2c wrote:

Thanks!
(But I wasn't trying to be funny What )

amother
Snapdragon

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 8:14 am
Busybee5 wrote:
But some really do! I live in England, whilst most don't match they're kids, we once saw 4 kids, both genders wearing matching! The girls had the dress with ducks all over, the boys matching t shirts. We were at a farm so it was very appropriate looking 😄 some also do it so they'll find their kids easier if they get lost.
Also Billie Faires range in Asda/George has the cutest brother/sister matching clothing! I often buy from there, much cheaper than the Jewish shops obviously, and very frum style!

There is probably always doing something somewhere. But as a whole, dressing the kids in matching clothing is considered a very nerdy or inappropriate thing in the secular world.

They will do it for pictures perhaps, or for a specific event, but they are not supportive of dressing kids with matching clothing on a day to day basis. They rather encourage individuality and self expression and want their children to choose their own clothes.

Busybee5

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 8:18 am
There is probably always doing something somewhere. But as a whole, dressing the kids in matching clothing is considered a very nerdy or inappropriate thing in the secular world.

They will do it for pictures perhaps, or for a specific event, but they are not supportive of dressing kids with matching clothing on a day to day basis. They rather encourage individuality and self expression and want their children to choose their own clothes.

Maybe exact matches, but Billie Faires usually has matching mainly the colouring, or the same pattern on shorts for the boys as on the dress of the girl. Subtle matching, it's very cute. I just looked at her stuff there's not much at the moment but I'm looking forward to seeing her new SS collection.

Queen Of Hearts

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 8:33 am

Who cares how the secular world dresses their kids. My 'nerdy' matching/ coordinating kids would win a better dressed competition over theirs any day!
My kids have enough opportunities for their 'individuality and self expression'.
Page 12 of 14   Previous  1  2  3 11 12  13  14  Next Recent Topics